8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I believe that they both do.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

For spirit beast missed opportunities from the zandalar side, all those spectral models in BDA (toads, raptors, pterrordax?) would be nice. That transparency method is so much prettier than like what we got on Bulwinkel. Merektha's model would be really good too.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Jeremy tweeted today, asking for spirit beast ideas, in case you haven't seen it and want to chime in.
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1232804641168969728
SpiritBeastTweet.png
SpiritBeastTweet.png (28.37 KiB) Viewed 19938 times
I already mentioned some of the ideas posted here, i.e. the wicker beasts and offspring of Pandaria Celestials, but it was probably unnecessary, since I'm guessing he's seen this thread. Otherwise the timing is a big coincidence :)

More support and ideas is always good though!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I dont do social media, so I cant reply to his post.
I'm also personally not a fan of spirit beasts either ;P
BUT I have seen a lot of people wanting a Spirit Devilsaur. So there's that. Maybe a Spirit Wind Serpent (The old ones, not Pandaria ones)

Siggy under construction!

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

For old content, I'd like to see Shadowlands add Wicker Beast Spirit Beasts.

For new, I'd really like to see something vicious and dark, based on the Maw aesthetic. Something like a floating centipede construct with armor pieces like the Shadehound.

Held together by a malicious, black fog.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

Qraljar wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:22 pm For old content, I'd like to see Shadowlands add Wicker Beast Spirit Beasts.

For new, I'd really like to see something vicious and dark, based on the Maw aesthetic. Something like a floating centipede construct with armor pieces like the Shadehound.

Held together by a malicious, black fog.
I second this motion please and thank you. :headbang:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I want some sort of spirit beast that's got that sweet red ghost effect from the inscription tool. I can never remember the names, but I've seen a red hyena and scalehide. Hell, any GOOD ghostly effect would be a wonderful thing, even if it was another generic ghost cat. As previously mentioned, the new ghostly look from BfA is excellent. Put it on an armored Devilsaur reminiscent of Rezan, and you have a golden concept right there,
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Even better, put that ghost effect (but in AoS Nighthaunt green) on one of the new undead devilsaurs.
DragonHeart

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:35 pm I want some sort of spirit beast that's got that sweet red ghost effect from the inscription tool. I can never remember the names, but I've seen a red hyena and scalehide. Hell, any GOOD ghostly effect would be a wonderful thing, even if it was another generic ghost cat. As previously mentioned, the new ghostly look from BfA is excellent. Put it on an armored Devilsaur reminiscent of Rezan, and you have a golden concept right there,
We have the red spirit beast porcupine
Attachments
spectralporcupinered.jpg
spectralporcupinered.jpg (186.33 KiB) Viewed 19736 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

That's the old ghost look though. If you have inscription, or access to someone else who does have it, get them to use the Sanguine Feather Quill of Lana'thel. The blood contracts spawn a red beast based on the type of contract, and there's four of them to pick;
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=151958/avatar-of-oblivion (Blood Beast)
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=150836/avatar-of-sacrifice (Elk)
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=150837/avatar-of-bloodshed (Hyena, personal favorite)
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=150835/avat ... bloodguard (Scalehide)

I always beast lore the avatars when they pop up. Give me a sweet red hyena, and I'd gladly use it all the time.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Wain wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:54 am Jeremy tweeted today, asking for spirit beast ideas, in case you haven't seen it and want to chime in.
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1232804641168969728

SpiritBeastTweet.png

I already mentioned some of the ideas posted here, i.e. the wicker beasts and offspring of Pandaria Celestials, but it was probably unnecessary, since I'm guessing he's seen this thread. Otherwise the timing is a big coincidence :)

More support and ideas is always good though!
I would love to see a new spirit beast with an animal type that hasn't been used for a spirit beast before in preferably a spectral color other than blue. I think we have more than enough blue spirit beasts and we're long overdue for some new spectral color hues. :D

As a personal preference, I'd have to agree with several of my fellow Petopians above, I would love see more spirit beasts in the color red. ♥ But, honestly, more spirit beasts in any new/hardly used colors would be amazing!

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

DragonHeart

OKay we all want a Kunchong and if you don't you are lying to yourselves so I purpose this how about we get a Spirit Beast Kunchong in the color/colour Red that way everyone wins.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ah I do want a kunchong, but I'm tired of spectral spirit beasts. That's why I want a regular kunchong and a wicker beast spirit beast.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Those solar hawks in Uldum (or a beetle with a similar effect) would be fun. And a change from the standard blue, and not confused with the inscription pets (if that's why they wouldn't do a red one).
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Not a fan of kunchong at all, maybe ...I dunno...a koala..in honor of all those that were lost in the fires.
DragonHeart

GormanGhaste wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:49 pm Ah I do want a kunchong, but I'm tired of spectral spirit beasts. That's why I want a regular kunchong and a wicker beast spirit beast.
You sir or ma'am are a freaking genius I love the way you are thinking :hug:
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

GormanGhaste wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:49 pm Ah I do want a kunchong, but I'm tired of spectral spirit beasts. That's why I want a regular kunchong and a wicker beast spirit beast.
This. Kunchong and Aqir Goliaths ought to be in a family together, just regular beasts.

Then wicker beasts should be spirit beasts. On the spirit beast note:
This would be a nice 'common' addition.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Take one of these lads, slap some BFA death magic effects (Drust or Bwonsamdian Blood Moon) on it and call it Xibala <Mother of Rezan>, and you've got yourself a perfect Spirit Beast with ties to the troll Shadowlands.

Regarding Kuchong and Aqir Goliaths, to be honest they should've been in the same family as Silithid Colossi from the start. Whether that is a completely new family or the Silithid family. They are undeniably evolutionary branches from the same tree.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thinking about it more, wicker beasts are probably closer to undead than spirit beasts, as spirit beasts aren't usually derived from dead creatures, but rather animal forms with some kind of supernatural link. If they were ever added I think wicker beasts might be better in a reanimated/undead family, alongside skeletal creatures like those posted above and I think there's a good case for such a family in Shadowlands.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:10 pm Thinking about it more, wicker beasts are probably closer to undead than spirit beasts, as spirit beasts aren't usually derived from dead creatures, but rather animal forms with some kind of supernatural link. If they were ever added I think wicker beasts might be better in a reanimated/undead family, alongside skeletal creatures like those posted above and I think there's a good case for such a family in Shadowlands.
Agreed, and it depends on the Wicker Beast. The ones seen around the Drust are constructs/undead animated by Drust spirits or the souls of sacrificed humans. The ones that the Kul Tiran druid forms are based off of are manifestations of nature unique to the area. The Ardenweald will have areas that are similar to what we find in Drustvar, so we may see those manifestations again.