8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Qraljar wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:07 am
Zoruaronan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:15 pm I really hope they make grubs tameable eventually i want a big worm following me
I hope so, too. I think they currently are against it because the updated model for the classic grub model uses the basilisk skeleton and therefore lacks a burrowing animation, while their family ability is to burrow down.
Funnily enough, before they updated grubs the old green grub that was briefly able to be tamed did indeed have a burrow animation and used it for the ability.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I also agree that they should just make new mobs that use the Celestial, Wild God, etc models. Just because there have been some exceptions in what we can currently tame does not mean that we should just be able to tame whatever.

Regarding fire hawks, the only thing that is against them being tamable is that, within the lore, they have a lifespan of 48 hours. That is assuming, of course, that this lore matters at all to Blizzard.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

I wonder whether Alyzra knew of this fact when she agreed to be turned into one. (I'm still salty over the fact that Blizzard never bothered to explain her motivations.)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

HI guys,

Is it possibl to make Slateclaw Whelp tamable? Though they are other pterrodaxxes that share teh same skins as this npc, it's is one ofthe few updated model pterodaxxes that actually move and attack using flight animation and I hope they retain this post-tame. Thank you.

And also can we have tamable black bee, Armored Pandarian Pterodaxes and maybe a spirit beast pterodaxx? Thank you very much.

*Would be awesome to have a rare Black Bee named "Rif's Plan B" and a spirit beast rare pterodaxx named "Rif's Plan A", because Rif is my Vulpera's name and so...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nazja wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:20 am I wonder whether Alyzra knew of this fact when she agreed to be turned into one. (I'm still salty over the fact that Blizzard never bothered to explain her motivations.)
I think that dragons turned into fire hawks are the exception when it comes to living 48 hours compared to a normal fire hawk.

I agree. They never bothered to explain why she betrayed Ysera and Hyjal.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Following your suggestions I've added the following untameable models to the database:
(1) all the celestials from Pandaria, classified as Spirit Beasts. Hopefully tameable "cub/chick/calf of..." versions could be added.
See: https://www.wow-petopia.com/gallery.php ... piritbeast

(2) all the cloud serpents, as "unclassified".
See: https://www.wow-petopia.com/gallery.php ... classified (and scroll to the bottom)
If they ever become tameable, the celestial versions could all be potential spirit beasts :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
bambix
Realm: Terrordar

Unread post by bambix »

PSA: Chicks are back today, EU at least.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

I'm still a little surprised that the Roughback Leapers and similar toads/frogs haven't been made available. Their model would be fine for a hunter pet I think, they have a working mouth and tongue!

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

bambix wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:52 pmPSA: Chicks are back today, EU at least.
Unrelated to the chicken, but seeing you on that Chinese New Year mount reminds me of the travesty that is not being able to tame the new pig models Blizzard added in BFA. They look sooo (Triple o for emphasis.) much better than the pig and boar models we can tame.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nazja wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm
Unrelated to the chicken, but seeing you on that Chinese New Year mount reminds me of the travesty that is not being able to tame the new pig models Blizzard added in BFA. They look sooo (Triple o for emphasis.) much better than the pig and boar models we can tame.
I wanted to say something similar, but I'd forgotten.

Yeah, the pig models definitely ought to be tameable.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

This thing is a pain to tame. Not only catching it but finding it. I activated so many of the discarded chickens and it spawned once, but I couldn't find it, then it despawned.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's certainly a challenge :D Congrats on getting it though!

I love how it has the malfunction thing as its death animation.
bambix
Realm: Terrordar

Unread post by bambix »

Nazja wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm
Oh absolutely, I hope they come around and flag them eventually.
Myzou wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:36 am This thing is a pain to tame. Not only catching it but finding it. I activated so many of the discarded chickens and it spawned once, but I couldn't find it, then it despawned.
The easy way to tame that little clucker is to follow it and anticipate his "pit-stop"-point (they have a few). Then fly ahead and start taming as soon as he comes into reach. He'll stop there long enough for you to get the tame through.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Forgot about these guys till I ran a mount run... Would be an awesome alternate core hound pet.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Reaper
Realm: Aman'Thul(Relart),Thaurissan

Unread post by Reaper »

Void Warpstalkers inside the dungeon on Argus are tamable, dunno if they keep their effects though (had 5 pets i didnt wanna get rid of at the time), the Shadow Stalker Panthera are also tamable in there (comes in two colours).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Reaper wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 pm Void Warpstalkers inside the dungeon on Argus are tamable, dunno if they keep their effects though (had 5 pets i didnt wanna get rid of at the time), the Shadow Stalker Panthera are also tamable in there (comes in two colours).
Thank you :) I think we have both of those.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=122407
https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=122408
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Just something I noticed today. Do we not have the flame worgs listed as an untameable appearance somewhere? I know they're skeletal and many are often elemental, so it could be a stretch, but I couldn't help noticing today that the Kor'kron Flameworgs in The Barrens are actually classified as beasts.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=71009/korkron-flameworg

They're such nice models and would look great with undead hunters, thought I'd suggest them as a candidate if we don't have them on the site. :) (also wasn't sure where to put this, it's not exactly 8.3 relevant but we are discussing untameable suggestions here, feel free to move)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:27 am Just something I noticed today. Do we not have the flame worgs listed as an untameable appearance somewhere? I know they're skeletal and many are often elemental, so it could be a stretch, but I couldn't help noticing today that the Kor'kron Flameworgs in The Barrens are actually classified as beasts.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=71009/korkron-flameworg

They're such nice models and would look great with undead hunters, thought I'd suggest them as a candidate if we don't have them on the site. :) (also wasn't sure where to put this, it's not exactly 8.3 relevant but we are discussing untameable suggestions here, feel free to move)
I have all their images. I'll add them to the unused models category, since as you say many are elementals (I think their bodies are meant to be flame around a skeleton of stone?) and they were used as hunter pets by the boss in Firelands :)
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Don't forget to get your Corpse Eater.

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis