8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Talihawk »

I would looooooove to have the cloud serpents. I don't see why we can't. If the Mogu can enslave them surely hunters can tame them. We'd be much better friends!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe I should add cloud serpents as untameable models in the database. I want to add the phoenixes and firehawks too, as soon as I can get the firehawk model to work right.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Personally think those bosses in timeless isle should be tamable too ... I personally love the white tiger
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

erictks1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:38 am Personally think those bosses in timeless isle should be tamable too ... I personally love the white tiger
Speaking of taming Wild Gods, I wish we could also tame Ursoc too. With 8.3 adding at least two more tameable Wild Gods, in the forms of Anzu and Rukhmar, he should be fair game too, right? :D

(And if we could tame the named feral druids in Island Expeditions, that'd make my day too.)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I'm not sure powerful sapient beings would be happy being your pet. More likely they'd tame you!
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Well, they're supposed to be so far gone that they don't even remember ever having been something other than a beast. :lol:

And it worked for that Krokul hunter in BC too.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nazja wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 am Well, they're supposed to be so far gone that they don't even remember ever having been something other than a beast. :lol:

And it worked for that Krokul hunter in BC too.
I was referring to the Pandaria ones :) But Ursoc still remembers more than just being a bear, doesn't he? Just more like an insane demigod?
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Wain wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 am I was referring to the Pandaria ones :) But Ursoc still remembers more than just being a bear, doesn't he? Just more like an insane demigod?
Ahh, haha, I thought you meant the druids in the Island Expeditions.

Well, we've tamed Loque'nahak, Rhukmar, Anzu, Rhukran, Shadra, Blaithe and likely a few other similar beings that I've forgotten. All of them are either (implied to be) Wild Gods themselves or their mates/offspring, so technically we have already not only tamed sapient beings but also sapient deities. :D

Of course, the ideal solution would be to simply add new (preferably rare) mobs sharing their model. My (soon to be) troll head hunter would definitely like to hunt alongside a beast that looks like Kimbul.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Nazja wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 am
erictks1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:38 am Personally think those bosses in timeless isle should be tamable too ... I personally love the white tiger
Speaking of taming Wild Gods, I wish we could also tame Ursoc too. With 8.3 adding at least two more tameable Wild Gods, in the forms of Anzu and Rukhmar, he should be fair game too, right? :D

(And if we could tame the named feral druids in Island Expeditions, that'd make my day too.)
yup I love the bear too :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I can't believe we're actually taming so many demigods.

Also, tameable WoD Anzu when? (blue Dread Raven with armor)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Taming the Celestials might be too much, if only for the fact that it could break something on the Timeless Isle. Since they're never supposed to technically die but are only brought to 1 HP, who knows if they're even set to respawn? Fixing that would require more than just ticking the "tameable" box on them. Still, I'd love for it to happen. Hopefully they're not as obnoxiously bright when they're small?

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah it would just have to be an added npc that shares the skin and could be called something like Avatar/Spirit/Child/Spawn/etc of Chi-Ji or something. I personally doubt they will do that, but thats a method.

I also hope we can frame taming as more a companion partnership relationship and not something negative. I like to think of taming and pets as game mechanics, and the rest of the fantasy be two partners on a journey together. Having a sentient partner with a quirky personality fighting side-by-side could be a great fantasy!
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yeah, I think the models of the Celestials are cool, but I don't wanna go all-out taming a bunch of wild gods, even if there's precedent.

I'd be fine with the Loque-logic, though, where it's a child or mate of the celestials. But at the end of the day, it's up to Blizzard.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I thought we couldn't do the Pandaria celestials because they were reserved for monk abilities. For nightmare Ursoc or other druid form models, I think the Loque/Har'koa route is more likely. It's not like taming Ursoc would be a challenge to show off, so taming him directly wouldn't be necessary. Already existing npcs or new ones with those models somewhere else would be easy enough.
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

Bros the only one I want is Kimbul's model, i dont even care if it's a cat or a spirit beast or whatever......lol
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:57 pm Yeah, I think the models of the Celestials are cool, but I don't wanna go all-out taming a bunch of wild gods, even if there's precedent.

I'd be fine with the Loque-logic, though, where it's a child or mate of the celestials. But at the end of the day, it's up to Blizzard.
Agreed. I like this idea too. They really are gorgeous models, and would make fantastic spirit beasts, as would the Kimbul model. I forget if I added them to the site as unused spirit beasts. If not I will.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

I really hope they make grubs tameable eventually i want a big worm following me
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Zoruaronan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:15 pm I really hope they make grubs tameable eventually i want a big worm following me
I hope so, too. I think they currently are against it because the updated model for the classic grub model uses the basilisk skeleton and therefore lacks a burrowing animation, while their family ability is to burrow down.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I personally would love for the Python models (Introduced in Pandaria) to be tameable. I think the reason they weren't is because their animations were wonky or something. Still I want snek.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aleu wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:26 am I personally would love for the Python models (Introduced in Pandaria) to be tameable. I think the reason they weren't is because their animations were wonky or something. Still I want snek.
I'm surprised they aren't yet. I think it had something to do with the fact that they can't open their mouths (so no bite animations?) but....they're already used for large conspicuous models in the game world, I don't see what the difference is between that and a hunter pet.