8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dead_Jackrabbit
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by Dead_Jackrabbit »

Aaaa I'm glad you found them. For anyone else looking for the black ones, I found mine at

/way 18.59, 61.15
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Skikx'trax is tamable.
Dead_Jackrabbit
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dead_Jackrabbit »

It looks like the goliaths don't have a beastlore despite being classed as beasts, which leads me to believe they might not be tamable at all. Which is kinda disappointing.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

The Corpse Swarmers spawned by Corpse eater are Tameable. They also Hiss when clicked.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012920_014111.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012920_014111.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 4819 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's a shame that wasps and beetles still suck as pets. I was reminded of their pitiful frailty when I tried doing something I normally do. Still, I love these little squidbillies.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'll stick with Bumbledore my bee for Wasps.

But the beetles are intriguing. Sadly the color I want isn't in the game. (Black and Red)
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

A quick heads-up, I just tamed Corpse Eater itself on Moon Guard. (Apologies if this was already mentioned earlier! It's late and the new tames have me....abuzz. ;) ) I found out via a misclick while trying to tame one of the little adds, lmao.

Edit: Again on WrA. Makes noises on click! Pretty chatty with another pet of the same model out. It sounds like they're talking to each other. :shock:

Edit: Invalid target for Aqir Grub that spawns from the Wastewander Host mobs. Of course. :<

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks all :) Our 8.3 page has been updated with the new taming info. Unfortunately this all happened while I was at work so took me a while to get home, double-check everything and update the database:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch83.php

Sadly there are no tameable red or black scarabs right now, but a lot of that is probably that none were used in the open world to begin with. There are some red (at least) in the raid, but I don't believe they're currently tameable. I haven't had a chance to document them yet. If anyone in a raid group is able to check their tameability and if they come in other colours please let us know :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The wasps have jiggle bones in their tentacles. They flail around like proper dangling appendages. This pleases me way more than it should.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I just tamed a wasp and a scarab and I honestly love how chatty the wasps are. I hope that the mountspecial animation will eventually be added to their idle animation cycle, because it would be nice to have your aqir drone (or bee) occasionally land and wiggle around.
Wain wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:48 pm Thanks all :) Our 8.3 page has been updated with the new taming info. Unfortunately this all happened while I was at work so took me a while to get home, double-check everything and update the database:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch83.php

Sadly there are no tameable red or black scarabs right now, but a lot of that is probably that none were used in the open world to begin with. There are some red (at least) in the raid, but I don't believe they're currently tameable. I haven't had a chance to document them yet. If anyone in a raid group is able to check their tameability and if they come in other colours please let us know :)
Thanks for all the work you're doing and have done.

As for the scarabs-- maybe the ones out in the world could come in all their colors? Not sure how much can be pushed without an actual big patch, though.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Found a bug with the wasps. If you have an Aqir wasp as an Animal Companion, and you zone to another area (dungeon, portal, etc), the companion will be slightly elevated from the ground, and it will react much slower. For example; I use Barbed Shot, and it lags behind the main pet in terms of reaching the target. I've seen the Stomp proc miss because of this. Easily fixed by dismissing and summoning the pet again. Likewise, the companion wasp will temporarily fly with you if you take off.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

A special red tameable Aqir Impaler has been found - thanks to Siok from Secret Finders Discord. This is the only one I've found, in this exact spot. Sort of like a shiny Pokemon!
Last edited by Dialga on Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Also, the world boss Earthbreaker summons red scarabs, but they are not flagged as tameable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

According to somebody on the secret discord, the black worgs in Halls of Valor are now tameable. Not sure if there's any truth to it as I haven't tested it yet, but I could see Blizzard doing this as a result of the stuff with the Vulpera questline.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They're doing things that are nice then, if true. Now if only they'd touch on Ji-kun...
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Also, I have no idea if this is recent. Maybe Valnaaros or Wain can correct me on this, but

Have these three always beast lored as being tameable? Fyi, I can't tame them because it says they aren't tameable when I try, but as you can see, beast lore does imply they should be, and I haven't seen anybody mention that this was the case before-- seems like something that would be noteworthy.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

ADDENDUM:
I had a weird hunch that killing them once to remove the elite tag user-side might maybe help and lo and behold I was right. I returned to Xaarshej after killing Qroshekx and I was able to tame him

I'm so happy!

EDIT:
Qroshekx too!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They don't keep their rare names? Weird. At least we can copypaste them since there's no extra characters, but hooray for silithid love!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

GLEEFUL SHOUTING
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012920_164332.png
WoWScrnShot_012920_164332.png (821.11 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
Reaper
Realm: Aman'Thul(Relart),Thaurissan

Unread post by Reaper »

Looks like that weird invisible Beetle stable slot just stopped being weird and works fine now, also the Wasp least has some use in pvp since its small + healing debuff too, also im glad to see those Silithid Tanks are now tamable :D