8.3 New Tame Bugs

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

8.3 New Tame Bugs

Unread post by Wain »

I'm closing this thread, now most 8.3 stuff is fixed, I've moved the remaining stuff to the main BfA pet bug thread. Thanks for all your reports, and please continue to post there :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: 8.3 New Tame Bugs

Unread post by Rikaku »

I know you have Rukhran listed for size/scaling issues, but I wanted to add that he also comes with some really odd UI issues. He's impossible to stable at Stablemasters, because in the Stable UI he shows up as invisible. I have screenshots to show what I mean if necessary.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The latter could be a caching issue. Does it still look that way after deleting your cache?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Fire birb is not bugged.

Image :mrgreen:

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

The cache helped the UI issue, though it appears they have fixed Rukhran's scaling problem already.

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Not after taming but before... Lalathin is SUPERTINY.

And Rukhran....is MASSIVE on your login page. But I will say I can stable him just fine. He's a bird icon for me.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012920_193932.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012920_193932.jpg (399.84 KiB) Viewed 28168 times

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) The scaling on the login page *could* be some kind of caching issue too, but I'm unsure. Hopefully it settles with time.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Any sort of flying pet (Ji-kun, Aqir wasps, etc) that are placed in the Animal Companion slot have unorthodox and faulty pathing. For example, I had Ji-kun following me up the stairs in Throne of Thunder, but in a weird "sliding on its belly" kind of motion, and then later, when I was descending stairs, it flew in a direct line towards me rather than obeying the geometry of the ground. Someone on discord mentioned that it was able to chase a flying player in PvP as well, which is a bit messed up since pets are very capable of dazing.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I talked Ruhkran almost immediately and never had a scaling problem.

As for other things: Faultline is tiny compared to other clefthoofs once tamed.

Shassera loses her name when tamed. (Not a big thing since you can just name it that but yea)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Myzou wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:34 am Shassera loses her name when tamed. (Not a big thing since you can just name it that but yea)
Oh odd, she kept it for me after I tamed her.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012920_184351.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012920_184351.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 28108 times
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 am
Myzou wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:34 am Shassera loses her name when tamed. (Not a big thing since you can just name it that but yea)
Definitely turned to Serpent for me. Renamed her to Slither cause I couldn't stop looking at how it slithered through the air haha.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:39 am
Vephriel wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 am
Definitely turned to Serpent for me. Renamed her to Slither cause I couldn't stop looking at how it slithered through the air haha.
I just tamed her now and she definitely kept her name. Maybe it was a glitch, or another caching issue.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

I got Rukhran set as my animal companion and he seems to position himself real far back when attacking things, with him positioning himself so far back are all abilitys hitting properly?
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Suntouched Falcon in Uldum, seems larger than they should be. Also, they do not have an icon in the summon pet spell. If you have one on you and go to the stablemaster, they disappear, though taming another made him return.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xcreeping wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:32 pm I got Rukhran set as my animal companion and he seems to position himself real far back when attacking things, with him positioning himself so far back are all abilitys hitting properly?
I wanted to test this out, and from what I'm seeing: no, Rukhran's abilities are not all hitting properly.

I set Rukhran as Animal Companion (stable slot) and as the active main-pet. In both cases he would periodically stand at a "range" to the target, and would attack from a distance. Stomp would go off, but would miss. Kill Command would work, but that's likely because KC has such a long range anyways. It did appear that some auto-attacks did land, but it would come out to a slight DPS decrease when using Rukhran.

My guess is that somehow it's based on Rukhran's actual programming as a boss. Not sure if that actually is the case, but in the dungeon he attacks players on a platform from a distance, and it does appear that the bug of "standing at a range and attacking" does mimic his behavior pre-tame as a Boss encounter.

Edit:
Also note that the Fel Fire armored Dread Ravens and Rukhran seem to have ESPECIALLY loud combat sounds. It sounds a lot like how Chromaggus and some other Core Hounds (when they first were tameable) were extremely loud and could be heard from far away. Using the blue/black unarmored Dread Raven seems to be completely normal, but the two armored fire-birds definitely have an above-average sound file. I wouldn't have considered this a possible bug, until I compared it to the unarmored birds and just found the differences in sound-levels actually quite massive lol

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Not a bug but just a warning if you try and tame fualtine or his rylak bro you can get infinitely pinned and get softlocked i hope blizz fixes
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shade wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:35 pm Image

Suntouched Falcon in Uldum, seems larger than they should be. Also, they do not have an icon in the summon pet spell. If you have one on you and go to the stablemaster, they disappear, though taming another made him return.
Have you tried emptying you game cache? The icon part could be just this.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Wain wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:44 pm Have you tried emptying you game cache? The icon part could be just this.
Just tried clearing my cache a moment ago, logged in and took a look-clearing the cache did nothing to fix the icon or the fact that the pet is missing in the stable.

In this picture I have her as my summoned primary pet when I go to the stable, named her Wren-she shows on the summon pet still as the whistle icon and should be the fourth pet visible in the stable screen but is not there.

Also for size comparison next to the tiny void elf.

Here is Wren-the suntouched falcon summoned as a pet.
Her wingtip is just s smidge from the track questing sidebar here (the yellow dot on the side).

Next, without moving my character or the zoom on my screen, I dismissed her and summoned a random hawk that I tamed in Borealus:
This other hawk is much smaller, with the wingtip nowhere near the track questing sidebar (that yellow dot again).
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

The other day I tamed a red flying bug. Today it is blue. :(
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Dewclaw wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:37 pm The other day I tamed a red flying bug. Today it is blue. :(
I can confirm this, my red Aqir Impaler is now blue. :cry:
ImageImage