8.3 New Tame Bugs

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 8.3 New Tame Bugs

Unread post by Wain »

Oh dear :(. I’ll check these out.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Oh that color change sucks. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to the scarabs.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:07 am Oh that color change sucks. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to the scarabs.
My scarab is still red today.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:57 am
Qraljar wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:07 am Oh that color change sucks. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to the scarabs.
My scarab is still red today.
My Corpse Swarmer is still red and my Qho is still brown. Hope that doesn't change.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My red one is still blue this morning. I was hoping it'd magically fix itself. :( I'm so disappointed.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Regarding the names on taming; Beast of Jade is not a rare NPC, but retains its name. This is a good bug, but it's annoying that only this non-rare enemy keeps its name when tamed. I want Ji-kun to keep the hyphen :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:57 pm Regarding the names on taming; Beast of Jade is not a rare NPC, but retains its name. This is a good bug, but it's annoying that only this non-rare enemy keeps its name when tamed. I want Ji-kun to keep the hyphen :(
Ji-Kun doesn’t keep her name? I’ll add her to the list.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Are people with Rukhran or Rukhmar still seeing scaling issues with either? I’ve seen reports on Twitter even though I thought it was supposed to be fixed.

I know there are issues with one or both of them on the login screen, but I thought they were meant to be fixed in game.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I just now checked to see if Rukhmar was still having scaling issues and, well...

BeforeLogin.jpg
BeforeLogin.jpg (427.44 KiB) Viewed 14550 times

Yep, she definitely is. @_@ But this is before I logged Sypha in to check. In game, Rukhmar's scaling is fine, and same for on logout, which is weird.

LoggedOut.jpg
LoggedOut.jpg (424.74 KiB) Viewed 14550 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Wain wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:02 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:57 pm Regarding the names on taming; Beast of Jade is not a rare NPC, but retains its name. This is a good bug, but it's annoying that only this non-rare enemy keeps its name when tamed. I want Ji-kun to keep the hyphen :(
Ji-Kun doesn’t keep her name? I’ll add her to the list.
Non-rare bosses tend not to keep their names. I think the only bosses that do keep their names, as far as I can tell, are the Iron Qon mounts (all three) and Beast of Jade. Rukhran and Horridon do as well, don’t they? And Faultline?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Falcon wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:44 pm I just now checked to see if Rukhmar was still having scaling issues and, well...

Yep, she definitely is. @_@ But this is before I logged Sypha in to check. In game, Rukhmar's scaling is fine, and same for on logout, which is weird.
Odd. Thanks for checking. If you close the client and restart it, is she back to huge?
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Wain wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:00 pm Odd. Thanks for checking. If you close the client and restart it, is she back to huge?
Yep, she definitely is and you're welcome. I closed just WoW the first time and then tried closing both WoW then the launcher and she was back to huge on the login both times.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I’ll make note of that in the bug info.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Faultline, Dreadwing, and the three armored Quilen all retain their names after being tamed.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I think I mentioned it before, but after testing it out with different Dread Ravens, I wanted to repeat it cause I feel it does warrant being a listed bug (but someone can prove me wrong, so all good XD)

So when I used Rukhran or the Fel Green Ravens from Hellfire Citadel, I've noticed that they tend to attack at a range. I've tested it in wild and on training dummies, but I notice that they tend to stand a few yards away from the target and begin attacking. This seems to result in a dps loss as Stomp from these two specifically do not seem to hit the target. In my testing on a training dummy, their Stomps never seemed to actually hit the target. I only registered a less than 1% of total damage coming from their Stomps (versus the main pet's Stomp's hitting just fine), and typically this damage was only bc Rukhran or the Fel Raven tended to hit a random critter passing by, not the actual target.

When I used a regular unarmored Dread Raven (blue/black model), it had no problems whatsoever, getting right into melee range and all of its abilities (notably Stomp) hitting just fine.

I haven't tested the armored brown dread raven, but I will edit this once I do. I thought Rukhran was bugged out simply because it was a "Boss" that actually attacked from a range. But the fel raven I tamed was laying on the ground in the raid, not attacking from a distance. So the fact that it does the same weird "ranged only" attack like Rukhran makes me wonder if its a bug with all armored Dread Ravens.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added that to the bugs list. Thanks. Sorry, I should have added it before.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lalathin is now supposed to be accessible to Alliance players and Horde players who haven't completed the zone. I tried on my shaman but still couldn't see her, so either it's not working right yet, or it's designed to only be visible to hunters. I don't have a hunter in that situation, so could someone please test this and let me know?
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:12 pm I believe Lalathin is now accessible properly to Alliance players and Horde players who haven't completed the zone. I don't have a hunter in that situation, so could someone please test this and let me know? Thanks!
I flew there just now on my main (Alliance Hunter) and I saw Lalathin for a brief second on the platform before she suddenly phased away.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Damn, maybe it's still in the middle of being hotfixed.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yeah, she seems to show up for me as long as the map says "Suramar" or "Suramar Bay". It's as soon as the game registers the subzone "The Nighthold", that's when she phases away.