Glitch Pets and Party Sync

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gryphinclaw
Realm: Earthen Ring

Glitch Pets and Party Sync

Unread post by Gryphinclaw »

Hey guys. So I've never posted here before but I have to warn any people with glitch pets. DO NOT use the party sync if you have a glitch pet in your call pet or active pet slots. I just lost my precious oil-stained wolf today because of it : ( Super heartbroken.

I really doubt there is any way to get the effect back now so yeah... don't be me and be careful : ( Has anyone else lost a glitch pet?
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Glitch Pets and Party Sync

Unread post by Xota »

Thanks for the warning.

You can get back an identical oil-stained effect, but it only lasts an hour at a time(and maybe when the pet dies too, I don't remember). But it's from an item you can stock up on, called Machine Fluid. The island you farm it on is level 110, but since Machine Fluid doesn't bind on pickup, you can take your best toon. If you try to fly over the island, it will dismount you, so be prepared for that. Also landmines that still hurt at 120 (just keep moving, you get out of distance before they explode).
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

This post would best be placed in the Pet Discussion forum
TwoJoints
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by TwoJoints »

Sadly it looks like we're losing our glitch tames come pre-patch anyway.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Twojoints, that's not confirmed, just an issue with copy at the present. Veph was able to copy hers without issue.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Dialga wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 pm Twojoints, that's not confirmed, just an issue with copy at the present. Veph was able to copy hers without issue.
Ohp, no, if you're talking about my screenshots those were taken from live.

My sha-crocolisk did not retain his appearance through PTR or Beta copy, but I assumed that was a common issue that happens all the time and not necessarily indicative of whether or not they'll stick when prepatch actually releases.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see! :(
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Most of my "glitch" pets do not look the same on beta as they do on live.

Flaming boar is just an armoured boar,
Wolf with a dagger in his head is just a slightly transparent wolf,
Two-headed vulture with a blue glow has lost the glow but is semi-transparent,
The oil stained bird and wolf are just standard now.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

It's very common for pets with appearance buffs to not be copied correctly to PTR since it's just transferring the 'model' which isn't tied to the buffs. For every past PTR, it didn't affect anything on live and all pets were fine. However, because this is the first level squish that has ever occurred and there's been some reports of pets who did copy correctly losing their buffs on live, the theory is that the level squish is tied to an initial buff wipe like one encounters in party sync and timewalking/arena. We'll have to wait until the 13th to find out, since that's when the pre-patch/level squish goes live.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Fingers crossed - we have no comeback if the worst should happen!
TwoJoints

Darknez wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 am Most of my "glitch" pets do not look the same on beta as they do on live.

Yup im seeing all the same things. It's a bummer for sure.

I dunno what this cat is on about saying this is a "common problem on PTR/Beta" but in my experience that is not correct. Does it happen time to time for early patch/s on Beta? Sure, sometimes. On PTR, rarely but I suppose you could say it happens.
Never this long this consistently from what I've seen in the past. (I copy my characters a lot during test cycles, mainly checking my coveted glitch pets)

With this squish I'd say 98% for sure that buff removal is part of the pass. Without getting into to much detail it only makes sense when you see non-cosmetic buffs that persist in the stable and the funny things they can do between patches. (Small example: I have mend pet buffs with 6+ days left for duration on a couple of pets)

Unless something changes super last minute, I'm quite sure our special little pals are finally losing their spark unfortunately.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

TwoJoints wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:42 pm
Darknez wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 am Most of my "glitch" pets do not look the same on beta as they do on live.

Yup im seeing all the same things. It's a bummer for sure.

I dunno what this cat is on about saying this is a "common problem on PTR/Beta" but in my experience that is not correct. Does it happen time to time for early patch/s on Beta? Sure, sometimes. On PTR, rarely but I suppose you could say it happens.
Never this long this consistently from what I've seen in the past. (I copy my characters a lot during test cycles, mainly checking my coveted glitch pets)

With this squish I'd say 98% for sure that buff removal is part of the pass. Without getting into to much detail it only makes sense when you see non-cosmetic buffs that persist in the stable and the funny things they can do between patches. (Small example: I have mend pet buffs with 6+ days left for duration on a couple of pets)

Unless something changes super last minute, I'm quite sure our special little pals are finally losing their spark unfortunately.
I've gotten into most PTR/Beta's and never had my glitch pets copy over with their buffs. I will of course be sad if this is the case that it's wiped, and will make sense with the level squish and probably buff wipe. We'll know on the 13th since that's when the squish happens.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

I would say that one benefit would be additional freed up pet slots... but seeing as we get another 14 pages anyway, that's not much of a consolation prize!
TwoJoints

Good news! Looks like they made it through the pre-patch unscathed :D
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Yep the few I've had time to check so far seem to be intact! :D

*phew*