"abandonpet" script in Classic?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

"abandonpet" script in Classic?

Unread post by Darknez »

Hi all,

Just curious - has anyone tried the old "abandonpet" script in any of the classic versions of WoW? I'm presuming the "fix" that was implemented way-back-when is also in Classic (unfortunately!).

For those not in the know the "script" was as simple as filling a macro with: -
/script PetAbandon();

And spamming it at the point you tame a creature with an unusual look (that would ordinarily be lost after taming).
This resulted in being able to tame relatively rare looking creatures (such as a boar that was on fire, or a wolf with a sword stuck in it's head).

Unfortunately, certain effects were also not just cosmetic - hence why Blizzard decided to fix the issue. There's also concerns using these special pets in areas like arenas or keystone runs where buffs (including hidden ones) are reset.
Shalama

Re: "abandonpet" script in Classic?

Unread post by Shalama »

I tried using it to get the oil-stained wolf that I had back in the original WOTLK era.
Since I am horde, I had to use the script (otherwise it used to work in the context of an Alliance quest) but after about an hour it just wouldn't work.
Did some research and found out that it is likely fixed like it is on retail and we do not have the true build as it was back then.
Would still be interested to know if it would work with the Alliance quest, but would not be surprised if it doesn't. Sad times, but what can you do?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

None of the old glitches will work, they are running WotLK Classic on the current WOW's engine, not the WotLK engine. Thats why a lot of spells and other mechanics don't work the way they used to. :| :mrgreen:

Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Yeah that's what I expected, but always have that hope 😂

Thanks all