Serpents

Discuss WoW Classic, and the development of our Petopia Classic site.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
User avatar
Ynez
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 8:49 am

Serpents

Unread post by Ynez » Thu May 09, 2019 2:37 pm

I love the Classic Petopia page, but it got me wondering, was Serpents not tameable in classic wow? the serpents in Wailing Caverns for instance.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16010
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Vephriel » Thu May 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Ynez wrote:I love the Classic Petopia page, but it got me wondering, was Serpents not tameable in classic wow? the serpents in Wailing Caverns for instance.
Nope, serpents were not added as a family until TBC. :)

User avatar
Ynez
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 8:49 am

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Ynez » Thu May 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Dang it, there goes the whole snake-tamer theme I had planned :)

morbidmike
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 6:29 am

Re: Serpents

Unread post by morbidmike » Sat May 11, 2019 6:32 am

Vephriel wrote:
Ynez wrote:I love the Classic Petopia page, but it got me wondering, was Serpents not tameable in classic wow? the serpents in Wailing Caverns for instance.
Nope, serpents were not added as a family until TBC. :)
Wind Serpents are a perfectly tameable family in Classic. So grab one of those bad boys from Wailing Caverns ;)
Tip: the blue Wind Serpent from Wailing Caverns (Deviate Dreadfang) is the only tameable Serpent with that specific skin. Most people who tame a Serpent tame the one from ZG which is dark red. If you run around with the Blue one you will look very unique.

User avatar
Tårnfalk
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 15050
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 am
Realm: Azol-Nerub ~ Tårnfalk #2397
Gender: Female
Location: Copenhagen- Denmark

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Tårnfalk » Sat May 11, 2019 10:54 am

Sadly many wind serpents had caster stats. .. not sure if they will keep that in classic

Image

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair


User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Rawr » Sat May 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Tårnfalk wrote:Sadly many wind serpents had caster stats. .. not sure if they will keep that in classic
Doubtful, that was a glitch that was fixed in WotLK (maybe BC) and they said they weren't putting in the mistakes. :headbang: :mrgreen:

Image


User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11852
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Wain » Sun May 19, 2019 11:32 am

Rawr wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Sadly many wind serpents had caster stats. .. not sure if they will keep that in classic
Doubtful, that was a glitch that was fixed in WotLK (maybe BC) and they said they weren't putting in the mistakes. :headbang: :mrgreen:
Yeah. I had hopes they may fix this bug, simply so Wind Serpents would be useful, but since they went to painstaking lengths to reproduce other bugs from Classic I'm now doubtful.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4456
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Rawr » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Wain wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Sadly many wind serpents had caster stats. .. not sure if they will keep that in classic
Doubtful, that was a glitch that was fixed in WotLK (maybe BC) and they said they weren't putting in the mistakes. :headbang: :mrgreen:
Yeah. I had hopes they may fix this bug, simply so Wind Serpents would be useful, but since they went to painstaking lengths to reproduce other bugs from Classic I'm now doubtful.
What bugs, they took out the item glitches/Hunter Dead Zone/ect. what did they leave in? :| :mrgreen:

Image


Valnaaros
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3911
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sun May 19, 2019 10:47 pm

There is a Q&A where Ion or someone stated that there were bugs that they chose to leave in Classic. So long as they didn't actually cause problems and weren't exploits, they were left in.

One quote from an interview with USGamer: "Bugs that affected Gameplay, like Mages able to Polymorph each other, were recreated for Classic, but others, like Mages blinking in the bridge of Wetlands and falling to their deaths, weren't."

Another from Gamerhub TV: "Quirky bugs that are not game-breaking/exploits were actually left in the game."

So seeing as Wind Serpents using caster stats in Vanilla wasn't game-breaking nor exploitive, I do not think that they'll fix it.

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11852
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Wain » Mon May 20, 2019 2:00 am

Things like:
NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

fatsquid
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:38 am
Realm: Classic

Re: Serpents

Unread post by fatsquid » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:42 am

Vephriel wrote:
Ynez wrote:I love the Classic Petopia page, but it got me wondering, was Serpents not tameable in classic wow? the serpents in Wailing Caverns for instance.
Nope, serpents were not added as a family until TBC. :)
I don't know when it was fixed but you could during Vanilla tame the ZG snakes... you could not feed them and the only way to gain loyalty was to PvP with them..
But they lacked any real abilities and you could not train them... soooo yea....IDK

Supradraco
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Realm: Atiesh

Re: Serpents

Unread post by Supradraco » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:11 pm

as of 9/28/2019, the orange WS in WC at lvl 16, and the white WS in 1000needles you tame for LB3 and the red one you tame for LB4 are NOT casters. They have full damage.

Post Reply