Classic name reserves

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Classic name reserves

Unread post by Castile »

Hope everyone got their names and realms today - seems a lot didn't.

From an Oceanic perspective (and we only get TWO realms) the pvp one had all the issues - randomly booting people to a US server, not telling them and they made toons. Only having to try to delete and get back into oceanic without getting disconnected. Thank frick I picked pve - got my names no issue.

But if you'd like to join the whine - reddit thread here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... h=29e80ff3

Welcome to the true Vanilla experience :lol:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Classic name reserves

Unread post by Vephriel »

Got the names I wanted, was very lucky and must have logged in at the very second the realms went live, hardly had any wait time and beat the queue rush.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

For those that aren't aware, like I wasnt. You MUST have an active sub going in order to get to the Character Screen for Classic and make a character.
Ended up grabbing a token for 147k :l Euuugh but oh well.

Siggy under construction!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I reserved 3 names on the one server bound to attract all the anglers: Pagel.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It took me 30 mins for the login server to stop timing out and booting me off. I was resigned to the fact my names would be gone by then, but they (Wain and Mhu) were still available on the Oceanic non-PvP realm.

Like Veph, I logged in right at the start time, and saw the realms were still locked. She was persistent and kept trying until they unlocked and got her names. In contrast, I decided that it must be a client issue (because I'd logged in before the start time) so I decided to try restarting it. That was a bad mistake, since it took me so long to get back in :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I and some of my guildies will be on the Oceanic non-PvP realm as it's the only non pvp one!
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 am I and some of my guildies will be on the Oceanic non-PvP realm as it's the only non pvp one!
ooo Horde? My moo cow might need friends >.< (I know a few alliance already)

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yeah we will be Horde. I'm making a Troll Priest! I never played a cloth in Vanilla.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Got both names I wanted so happy camper

Going to play a dwarf priest with hubbys paladin and then offcourse a hunter solo. Hunters name offc. Tårnfalk and my priest is Tivoli so yay!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel

Wain wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 am It took me 30 mins for the login server to stop timing out and booting me off. I was resigned to the fact my names would be gone by then, but they (Wain and Mhu) were still available on the Oceanic non-PvP realm.

Like Veph, I logged in right at the start time, and saw the realms were still locked. She was persistent and kept trying until they unlocked and got her names. In contrast, I decided that it must be a client issue (because I'd logged in before the start time) so I decided to try restarting it. That was a bad mistake, since it took me so long to get back in :P
:lol:

I'm really glad after all that you got yours! I don't know what compelled me to try the [Locked] realms anyway at first, I was just so eager and started clicking like "let me inn!!!" and then it worked and I was shocked haha.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Wain wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 am It took me 30 mins for the login server to stop timing out and booting me off. I was resigned to the fact my names would be gone by then, but they (Wain and Mhu) were still available on the Oceanic non-PvP realm.
Here's the three I got for myself. So glad I got Jawa, he's going to carry on the tradition of being an Enchanter / Engineer (probably Gnomish specialized), and if they ever add Cataclysm in the future, he can race change into a Goblin :)
Attachments
Classic Names.jpg
Classic Names.jpg (269.01 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
Vephriel

Oh yeah, I never actually mentioned the names I saved, but I got Vephriel (of course), Morticia (for my forsaken warlock), and Lemmy (my dog's name, I just thought it might be cute if I need another alt). :) All on Bloodsail Buccaneers because RP realms are the only ones I'm interested in playing on.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I managed to login right at the beginning but it kept giving me errors when I tried to save, had to log back in, but got lucky and got three of the names I wanted, tho one I wanted was already taken. Ah well I'll check for it again as time goes on. ;)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:10 pm and Lemmy (my dog's name, I just thought it might be cute if I need another alt). :)
It's a shame there's no worgen :) I have two worgen characters I created and named in memory of a pair of labradors I took care of for a friend, and became like my own for a while.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I don't remember only being able to have 3 characters? I just reserved Ankelbiter for a gnome rogue and wanted to reserve a name for a warrior too but only allowed 3 characters?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

crimzon07
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by crimzon07 »

Mĭrya Namárië wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 am I don't remember only being able to have 3 characters? I just reserved Ankelbiter for a gnome rogue and wanted to reserve a name for a warrior too but only allowed 3 characters?
The limit of 3 is only for the name reservation period. You will be able to create more characters once the servers go live.

Alliance Hunter: Aeolus Stables
Horde Hunter: Shireivun Stables

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ahh goodie :D I always make sure to cover all proffesions so my main can be well tended :P

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:10 pm Oh yeah, I never actually mentioned the names I saved, but I got Vephriel (of course), Morticia (for my forsaken warlock), and Lemmy (my dog's name, I just thought it might be cute if I need another alt). :) All on Bloodsail Buccaneers because RP realms are the only ones I'm interested in playing on.
Oh me neither haha! I got Tsukino (warrior - my original vanilla character), Nadeshiko (priest and most likely classic main) and Castile my Tauren hunter.
I also nabbed Sakurie (druid), Tsurani (paladin) and Chibiusa (warlock) on my second account - all on oceanic Remulous realm.

Shadowlands

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

My partner and i managed to get our names after 1hour of being put in que for non aus servers so many times. waiting for servers to come online aruga or w.e that serv is for oceanic
got 3 of the names i wanted and im 100% sure my 4th name wont be taken on how unique they are Xd

Gadzooks -druid - my very first char in the vanilla days and yay got it on this one
Core - warlock
Swiftpaw - hunter

Nothing to do for 2 weeks now *twiddles thumbs*
VelindraJay
Realm: Saurfang, Farstriders

Unread post by VelindraJay »

I managed to get all three names I wanted on Remulos. I'm actually stunned they weren't taken because I joined the name reserving a wee bit late (two days after they opened XD).

- Lazona (my original Dwarf Hunter before she was name/racechanged at the tailend of Wrath - now going to act as my bank alt)
- Remington (Main Hunter)
- Silverstar (Feral Druid)

Just eight more days =)