The 2 main pet that you choose

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
niklinna
Realm: Deviate Delight

Re: The 2 main pet that you choose

Unread post by niklinna »

Back in vanilla, with my dwarf hunter, I first tamed Timber, cause he looked so elegant and imposing. But, he just stood there not doing anything. The regular wolves were much more animated, so I tamed one of those instead. Later I tamed Broken Tooth cause I stumbled upon him. I renamed him Peanut.

My orc huntress in vanilla ran to Teldrassil to tame an owl. I'll probably do that again in Classic, but I'm a bit torn. Tigers look pretty cool, and get Prowl. I still like wolves, too, for the looks, animation, and party buff, and red raptors also look pretty awesome.
niklinna
Realm: Deviate Delight

Unread post by niklinna »

Back in vanilla, with my dwarf hunter, I first tamed Timber, cause he looked so elegant and imposing. But, he just stood there not doing anything. The regular wolves were much more animated, so I tamed one of those instead. Later I tamed Broken Tooth cause I stumbled upon him. I renamed him Peanut.

My orc huntress in vanilla ran to Teldrassil to tame an owl. I'll probably do that again in Classic, but I'm a bit torn. Tigers look pretty cool, and get Prowl. I still like wolves, too, for the looks, animation, and party buff, and red raptors also look pretty awesome.
LazyeyeBob
Realm: Thrall-H 120 Hunter/Nessingwary-A 120 Hunter

Unread post by LazyeyeBob »

Secured my tame on Broken Tooth and released my Ghost Saber to the wild. Now, I am torn between a Gorilla, Bear or Boar for my tanking pet.
Supradraco
Realm: Atiesh

Unread post by Supradraco »

Gorilla for Tanking low Instances, Wind Serpent for PVP and Soloing, and final slot will be a Wolf for Raid.
Mentakh
Realm: Flamelash, Razorgore

Unread post by Mentakh »

Ghost Paw Alpha - Wolf and Kurmokk - Gorilla
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I finally got dragged back in to WoW again with Classic! (Hi again, everyone!) The thought of playing hunters old-style again was too tempting. My nelf hunter is only level 13 right now, but I had a list of pets I was interested in. I ended up not going with any of the "useful" ones, as I got attached to a white tallstrider in the Barrens. He was supposed to help me grind to 13 so I could tame Dishu, but...you know how it goes. Dishu is still sitting under his tree, and now I have a white chicken named Pokey. I'll have to get a SS later.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vanth
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Vanth »

Only one - Blue, Vanth's grungy, yellowed, cantankerous owl who gave his life in the War of the Shifting Sands.
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

My #1 is my Deviate Dreadfang. It is my favorite Windserpent skin in the game (yes, I am aware Lightning Breath 6 won’t come out until the release of ZG). My #2 is a Bloodaxe Worg for raiding (I've been considering swapping it out for Deathmaw because Deathmaw barks, or a wolf because they have more animations; I'll update my list if I get around to swapping pups).

I've been told that I should get an owl for the third spot because Screech is overpowered in Classic, but I needed a cat with Prowl for PvP as a Night Elf, so I picked up a Broken Tooth.

Update Edit (April 19): I replaced the Bloodaxe Worg with a Frostwolf from AV in March. I released the Frostwolf to get Lightning Breath 6 for my Deviate Dreadfang on the opening day of ZG. My current and permanent wolf is a Ghostpaw Alpha. I like the wolf animations better than the worg animations, especially the howl, and the 1.3 attack speed is second only to the Slavering Worg and Deathmaw.

Since the original post, I’ve also rolled a Dwarf twink for the level 19 BG. She has Ressan, The Rake, and Deathflayer.