Special Summon Effects Missing?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fargaze
Realm: Faerlina

Special Summon Effects Missing?

Unread post by Fargaze »

Just tamed Arikara and noticed that the stable summon effect is missing. Has anyone else noticed the same for other pets with special effects?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Special Summon Effects Missing?

Unread post by Wain »

Oh that sucks :( It should be considered a bug since that effect wasn't removed from Arikara until Cataclysm. I've posted a bug report here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ing/286428
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rookwood
Realm: Deviate Delight

Unread post by Rookwood »

Can confirm, Arikara has no special summon effect.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

tamed Arikara just now...so disappointed.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, that's sad!

I remember when pets had summon effects, like Arikara and I believe Gezzarak too, but I couldn't recall if they'd been in the game during Vanilla. (I'm assuming so though)

I wonder if it's something to do with the coding being based off the modern game, which no longer has those effects. I've noticed the pet AI is still the modern one which still feels slightly delayed compared to what it used to be (I think the delay started in Legion and was never really fixed back to the original feel).
listopencil

Unread post by listopencil »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:50 pm I wonder if it's something to do with the coding being based off the modern game, which no longer has those effects. I've noticed the pet AI is still the modern one which still feels slightly delayed compared to what it used to be (I think the delay started in Legion and was never really fixed back to the original feel).
Is that why I no longer have a Move To command on my toons with pets?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

listopencil wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 pm
Vephriel wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:50 pm I wonder if it's something to do with the coding being based off the modern game, which no longer has those effects. I've noticed the pet AI is still the modern one which still feels slightly delayed compared to what it used to be (I think the delay started in Legion and was never really fixed back to the original feel).
'Move To' was not an option in Vanilla, that was changed much later on (I forget which expansion), instead we had 'Stay'!
listopencil

Unread post by listopencil »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:02 am
listopencil wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 pm
'Move To' was not an option in Vanilla, that was changed much later on (I forget which expansion), instead we had 'Stay'!
Oh, OK, I was wondering about that. I miss the Move To command.