Savannah Cubs not tameable?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Savannah Cubs not tameable?

Unread post by Wain »

I've had a report that Savannah Cubs in the Barrens can't be tamed. Is anyone else able to please confirm that? If so, it's a bug, since I'm pretty sure they were tameable in Vanilla. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Savannah Cubs not tameable?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

from wowhead:
Inkadog wrote:At least some of these are tagged as "Savannah Matriarch's Pet" and cannot be tamed.
So maybe the only tameable ones are the ones more NW that aren't by the matriarch?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Can someone confirm that at least some are tameable? There's only one ID for them on Wowhead and it's weird that some of that ID are tameable and some aren't.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe our old site was wrong and they were never tameable. There's a comment from Thottbot dating back to the end of 2006 / start of 2007 stating they couldn't be tamed because they're already controlled: http://web.archive.org/web/200711210231 ... .com/c5766
dpyers

Unread post by dpyers »

I recall trying to tame them in some release of Classic and couldn't do it.
They also despawn it pulled too far away from their spawn point.
Takes a while for Dishu to reset them though.
Used to tame her by starting a tame, running away hen the cubs spawned and until they despawned, then come back and tame her without her spawning the cubs a second time.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

dpyers wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:24 am I recall trying to tame them in some release of Classic and couldn't do it.
They also despawn it pulled too far away from their spawn point.
Takes a while for Dishu to reset them though.
Used to tame her by starting a tame, running away hen the cubs spawned and until they despawned, then come back and tame her without her spawning the cubs a second time.
Thanks for your report :) Did you mean you tried to tame the Cubs in Vanilla and couldn't? If so I'll set them as untameable, and assume Petopia's old info was incorrect. There are too many incidental things that make more sense if the cubs were never tameable.