Hunter pets secrets?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Arddy24

Hunter pets secrets?

Unread post by Arddy24 »

Hi all.

Since TBC, I've been following this site, and love the resource it has given to me as a fellow hunter. With Classic's recent launch, I find myself back here for many wonderful info.

There is something that I can't seem to find, however, and I'd love it if someone can fill me in on the details?
  • 1) Asides from King Bangalash's passive "Cobra Reflexes", are there any other pet passives? It seems this is only known through Petopia, if you specifically click on the pet, and there doesn't seem to be a list held anywhere.

2) I was initially under the assumption that pets within the same family (cats, bears, scorpids etc etc), shared the same stats (not talking about atk spd). However, after doing some reading, I'm under the impression that they are different all throughout every pet? Is there a list of stats for pets somewhere?

3) With the differences in attack speed, does it still hold true that the overall DPS remains the same? (i.e, fast atkspd = low dmg. Higher dmg = lower atkspd)?

4) This one was a big hit to me - unbeknownst to me, I didn't realise that all pets has a different run, or 'chase' speed. Is this true? Is there a page somewhere noting the differences between the pets and their run speed? Much like the site's attack speed list (which was very helpful)!
Overall, I originally thought that changing 'cat's just meant you were changing the skin/look. Little did I know that there were so much differences in each pet - within their own family! Attack speed, damage, health/armour/stats, run speed; and I think this is all amazing and provide a greater level of uniqueness for hunters all round - unless of course they all chose King Bangalash for BM PVP purposes.

I appreciate any all answers, really :).

Thanks everyone!

-Arddy
IRobertus

Re: Hunter pets secrets?

Unread post by IRobertus »

Just tested Bangladesh and Snarler and neither of them had anything special after being tamed. Looked like besides pet attack speeds pets are fairly normalized.

DPS is the same unless you sepc into Frenzy where a faster attack speed could lead to higher frenzy uptime for a slight DPS increase. Faster attack speed is also great for causing interrupts on casters in PVP.

Run speed seems normalized from my limited testing.
Arddy24

Re: Hunter pets secrets?

Unread post by Arddy24 »

IRobertus wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:55 pm Just tested Bangladesh and Snarler and neither of them had anything special after being tamed. Looked like besides pet attack speeds pets are fairly normalized.

DPS is the same unless you sepc into Frenzy where a faster attack speed could lead to higher frenzy uptime for a slight DPS increase. Faster attack speed is also great for causing interrupts on casters in PVP.

Run speed seems normalized from my limited testing.
Sincerest apologies for the delayed response. I left one earlier this week, but upon checking this thread again - I noticed it was missing?

Anyways. Thanks very much for your input. It's good to hear that the other cats all share the same stats - run speed, crit chance, etc etc. Knowing now I'm not missing out, and as a BM with BT, I'll be getting the best out of the Cat's family.

Has anyone else experienced anything different?