Low Level Hunter pets.

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Siouxie
Realm: Pyrewood Village

Low Level Hunter pets.

Unread post by Siouxie »

Im a lvl 47 hunter. If i tame a low level pet (20' ish) how long would it take to lvl him up? How does the pet xp works, do i need to attack mobs the same level as my pet? Has been a lot of discussion on internet, some say pet lvl mobs ,others say Char lvl mobs.
Thanks in advance (its more of a theoretical question).
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Low Level Hunter pets.

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The mobs have to give your character xp, so they have to be 'green'--as low as 8 levels below your character?
listopencil

Unread post by listopencil »

Your pets get xp based on your xp from kills. So you need to kill mobs that give you xp. IDK for sure but I think you can put your new lowbie pet on passive (so it doesn't die) and burn down easy mobs to level your pet up.
Xanthin
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Xanthin »

Best three method in order of effectiveness:

1) Party with a similar level mage friend/guildie and let them AoE mobs in your level range.
2) Run level appropriate dungeons with a decent group such that your low level pet isn't an issue.
3) Kill mobs your level that are casters so your ranged attacks stay in play until they are dead. Preferably not healers. lol

Again.. mobs must be YOUR level not the pet's. On a side note: A great article on pet Loyalty and how it works... basically a combination of 5% of EXP to YOUR next level AND a timer:

So basically, to go from fresh tamed unruly to best friend takes 25% of your next levels EXP and 3 hours 45 minutes. They are tied together, sort of... which is why you can be in town and not killing anything and your pet dings. Because you laready did your 5% exp gain... and the timer went off when you were in town. Wat I do not knwo is if you have to get he 5% after each ding... or if you can stack up the whole 25% and sit in town for 3 hours and 45 minutes and ding all the way up. My guess is you have to gain 4% after each ding then wait out the timer for the next ding.

https://www.engadget.com/2007/09/11/tim ... CnBi-4UNS1