Narrowing down pet choice

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
niklinna
Realm: Deviate Delight

Narrowing down pet choice

Unread post by niklinna »

Of all the classic pets, the ones I like most are owl, tiger, wolf, and red raptor, more or less in that order. Since you can effectively have only two while leveling, I'm wondering if folks think there's a pair that's most complementary in strengths & abilities. For example, owl is more for offensive against multipe targets, and good for solo play, while wolf is better at buffing party members, better for party play.
listopencil

Re: Narrowing down pet choice

Unread post by listopencil »

I'm very fond of cats, specifically the Bengal Tiger look you can get from the Durotar Tiger in the Echo Isles that spawn as level 8 or 9 in Classic. You can get them from Stranglethorn Vale in their 20's in Retail. Durotar Tiger has a 1.3 attack speed standard in Classic. When trained it's a great little solo tanking pet as it will hold aggro with damage even when Growl is resisted for BM hunters. It does well in groups although you really have to watch pathing. You can give it Bite and Claw, and having two focus dumps for dps makes a difference. In PVP it's a clothie killer. Also you can have a Bear as a side pet when you need something more tank-ish because Bears also use Bite and Claw.