Taming and leveling King Bangalash

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sandshrew

Taming and leveling King Bangalash

Unread post by Sandshrew »

Hello,

I tamed King Bangie 2 days ago. When I came in STV and accidentally saw him when I was hunting other beasts for quests, I knew I will tame him on level 43.

Firstly, I noticed that it took me a long time from 1 do 6 loyalty (maybe its just a feeling). I was in the dungeon (Ulduman) and I had a real struggle to keep him alive (maybe because I didnt train him Natural Armor (I did it after the instance) or maybe I just used to my boar and the boars are tankier pet then cats).

I found this on Petopia about King Bangalash.

Petopia source:
“Knows: [Claw 6], [Dash 2] when tamed.
Attack speed: 1.4
Cobra Reflexes is a passive skill that is not available at the pet trainer. As a passive, it does not appear that the hunter can learn this skill to pass it on to another pet, and if you untrain King B he will lose it. These things seem to indicate that the skill as it occurs here is a bug. Cobra Refelxes doesn’t show up on the pet bar because it is a passive skill, but you can find it in the pet’s spellbook. The description for this skill is: Cobra Reflexes (Rank 1): Attack speed increased by 30%, but damage done is reduced.”

Can someone confirm this? And also, since I am new player and I am mistaking a lot (will probably make a mistake with using of training points as well), really dont want to make a mistake and to lost his “Cobra Reflexes”.
P.S. - In spellbook there is no “Cobra Reflexes” (passive nor active).

Is it true that the rare and elite pets has higher armor and hp then normal pets?

His current talents are:

Arcane Resistance - rank 1
Fire Resistance - rank 1
Frost Resistance - rank 0
Nature Resistance - rank 0
Shadow Resistance - rank 0

Natural Armor - rank 5
Great Stamina - rank 5
Growl - rank 5
Bite - rank 6
Claw - rank 6
Dash - rank 2
Prowl - not learn yet

He has 81 training points left.

Also, if you dont mind, I would really like to hear your opinion about training points. What do you think its the most important to level up on your pets? Is there any type of standard scheduling of training points for each pet family or everybody maxing what they think its the best?

I would like to know, from people who has an experience with Hunter class and with training pets - how hard is to train equally two pets? I like Bangie, but I also really like my boar (Bellygrub - Pumba), dont want to neglect neither. Dont want to abandon these guys, because I bonded (one of my flaws from real life).

So far, I only have 2 available spots in stable, but in the near future I will open the third one as well, since I will need one spot for taming one beast to level abilities of my current pets. An latter on, will probably take high level wolf, such as Bloodaxe Worg.

Sorry for the longer post, for new players, it is very hard to get all information and to understand everything. :)

Thank you for your answers,
Best regards,
Sandshrew