In need of a BiS list of pets and a fast way to level pets

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cuino

In need of a BiS list of pets and a fast way to level pets

Unread post by Cuino »

I've been on the hunt for the best in slot pets for a few specific occasions, mainly I need the best possible tank pet for solo content and the best possible DPS pet. I know the latter, for raids, is the LBRS wolf, but what about for simple dungeons? I have Broken Tooth (lvl 37 still) for PvP and I recently tamed Rotting Agam'ar because I was told it's the best tanking pet. I would like to know if that is true, and if not, which one is better.

As mentioned in the title, I also need a fast way to level pets as now 2/3 pets are way lower level than me.
Mentakh
Realm: Flamelash, Razorgore

Re: In need of a BiS list of pets and a fast way to level pets

Unread post by Mentakh »

About the Rotting Agam'ar, afaik there is nothing special about him, besides that he is a boar, which are very good tanks.

I was answering your post, but it became too big in size and scope, so I made a separate post here:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26120

p.s. The LBRS wolf is not the best Raid wolf. There are wolves with faster attack speeds ( see my link above ). You only need to tame the LBRS wolf for his abilities, then learn them to a wolf with faster attack speed.
Supradraco
Realm: Atiesh

Unread post by Supradraco »

Pet BIS is dictated by role, since the pet has abilities that can aid in your objective.

PVP, PVE Raid and PVE Social each have requirements for your BiS pet. PVP for example, many Hunters like the speed of some pets, simply because it interrupts casting, because speed negates DPS. Some like high DPS because they know the Pet's speed isnt always going to be useful in every fight. A fast cat just hits faster, the DPS is the same as a cat who hits slower. I like and some guys like Wind Serps because LB ignores armor and is a ranged attack... so right from the Start you can see in PVP its a personal choice.

PVE Social you are going to want Thunder Stomp in a tank pet. At level 60 running lower dungeons means you are have to keep aggro on multiple mobs.

PVE Raid is going to be determined by what the other Hunter(s) have as well. Seems to me there is a wasted perk if you have several Hunters wolves and you cant coordinate when FH is up. FH was bugged prior to TBC so I am not sure whats going to be the end resualt of it. Id say Wolves and FH are needed as much as a Bat with screech is needed, that takes up 2 /3 of your slots just for PVE Raid !!! Now you only have 1 slot for either a PVP BiS or a Gorilla with TS if you want to run low Instances as a tank.
Mentakh

Unread post by Mentakh »

I have to agree with most of what Supradraco said. The only remark I have is that if you are in a raid guild you should be able to coordinate with your fellow hunters to decide if you train a bat or a wolf, so I personally would not keep 2 raid pets. You only have 3 slots, and unless you have learned all the abilities you want, you need a free slot for taming temp pets to learn their abilities. Furthermore, I would reserve a spot for a pet that I like purely for it's look and feel :p
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

For raiding, I use Deathmaw since I learned Furious Howl 4 from the LBRS Worgs, so I get the benefit of the higher buff with the faster attack speed.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Mentakh

Unread post by Mentakh »

Setanta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:44 pm For raiding, I use Deathmaw since I learned Furious Howl 4 from the LBRS Worgs, so I get the benefit of the higher buff with the faster attack speed.
That is the best Wolf ( You could also choose the Slavering Worg from SFK for the same Attack Speed ), and BIS for raiding indeed. Of course if several Hunters have wolves already you could make a different choice.
I would call this also the BIS 5-man pet if you don't need to off tank.