taming question.

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Evilhomer

taming question.

Unread post by Evilhomer »

I am lvl 60. My question is.

Is it better to njow tame a low lvl pet and lvl it to 60 or find highest lvl to tame?
Mentakh
Realm: Flamelash, Razorgore

Re: taming question.

Unread post by Mentakh »

Hey there,

It does not matter really, it is of course easier to get a higher level pet.
You will always need to improve your pet to loyalty level 6 by keeping it happy all the time and killing mobs that give you xp ( so at least green con mobs ) and try to avoid getting it killed.
Now if there is a specific pet that you want that is lower level, than obiously you need to level it :p

So TLDR no you don't have to tame a low level pet, you can find the highest one you like and go from there.
Evilhomer

Unread post by Evilhomer »

Thank you friend
Supradraco
Realm: Atiesh

Unread post by Supradraco »

I have to disagree. When you train a lvl 60 pet, such as the rabid Bear in winterspring, it comes with ZERO training points. So without the ability to gather the 300 points you need for specialization, you are stuck with a "off-the rack" pet.

I just confirmed this. I went to Winterspring, tamed a lvl 60 Bear. It doesnt come with ANY abilities. Of course you can train Growl 7 free. That is it. Zero training points, and it can only auto attack. there is no Bite or Claw ability. So it can just growl and auto attack. I paid 10 silver and unlearned skills and it didnt give me 300 points to specialize the pets abilities.

Furthermore on the Stats (MM hunter raw pet stats)
Lvl 60 bear tamed at 60 - HP=3296, Armor= 3739 (40.5% damage reduction from a lvl 60 mob), damage 82-104 @ 46.6dps
Lvl 60 Windserp tamed at 30- HP =3262 Stam 7, Armor 3996 (42.1% damage reduction from a lvl 60 mob) Nat Armor 6) dam 93-117 54.4dps

So my windserp is a better tank then this new bear.

So until you level that bear its crap...