3 Stable Slots! I have to get rid of a baby

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fumu
Realm: Kel'Thuzad

3 Stable Slots! I have to get rid of a baby

Unread post by Fumu »

Hello everyone! I have a bit of a problem...

My hunter is an alt, or more accurately a co-main, who won't raid (my main does, but my guild has a strict "no alts in the raid" policy). However, in the future that may change - and of course, there's always pug raids. For this reason, I want to grab a wolf. However, I have 3 rare tamed cats in my stable - Rak'shiri (server is heavy Alliance, so getting Sian Rotam via the Horde quest is borderline impossible), Echeyakee, and Humar. I may have to replace one of these guys for old Cliffjumper, if I'm lucky enough to spot him. I already trained and released a Bloodaxe Worg for the skills, so the wolf's skin isn't an issue - just giving up a stable slot for it.

Which cat should I get rid of out of the three? I'm leaning towards Echeyakee because despite his beauty, he's arguably the easiest to get back as me or a friend could level up a Horde to 16 for the horn. I'm 60 though, so the poor thing would have to be leveled alllll the way back up to 60...and that would still put me in the same "3 cats" slot issue. I thankfully don't need a tank or AOE-er for the content I do - just a single wolf for raids, so 1 cat has to go.
What do I do? Who is the least appealing/has the least prestige out of Rak'shiri (minty blue Frostsaber), Echeyakee (white lion), or Humar (black lion) in your opinion? I love them all equally and PvP rarely enough that the attack speed doesn't matter, and from what I understand, cast speed pushback doesn't matter in PvE either.

What do you guys think?
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Re: 3 Stable Slots! I have to get rid of a baby

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

I’m partial to Humar, but they’re all very nice looking cats. It sounds like you’re Alliance from your post, and Echeyakee is an extremely rare pet for Alliance on my server (it’s PVP, so maybe attack speed has something to do with that). Rak’shiri would be the easiest to re-level, and seems to be a fairly common pet for a rare.

What color is the mount you use most often?
Fumu
Realm: Kel'Thuzad

Unread post by Fumu »

You're right I'm Alliance, sorry that wasn't mentioned in the post. (if it was, I would just ditch Rak'shiri and tame Sian Rotam via quest whenever). I'm riding the blue Stormsaber and Rak matches great with it, but I'm doing the winterspring frostsaber grind so someday he won't match at all. They actually look awful together IMO, sat my pet next to another player's Winterspring frostsaber in Ironforge just to get an idea of how the pair would look. It looks amazing with my blue Stormsaber so far, though. Both Humar and Echeyakee match the lavender colors of the Winterspring Frostsaber much better, but just like with clothes white and black match everything :)

Honestly both lions are pretty common on my server, Humar much moreso but I bumped into 2 Echeyakees on my way to check the bank. Weirdly enough, Rak'shiri is the rarest pet on my server out of the three hands down.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

My 2 cents is get rid of the one that is easiest to get back. My stables on 3 of my hunters are full to the hilt so if and whenever Blizzard expands them i can go back and get the ones that are easiest to find again.
Darkynhalvos
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pagle

Unread post by Darkynhalvos »

Of the 2 I have, the one I'll never ditch is Deathmaw.

Finally found him untouched about an hour and a half ago after looking for almost a month.

Other rare is Uhk'loc, that guy's far easier to camp for.