Best Broken Tooth Abilities

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Roxton
Realm: Thalnos

Best Broken Tooth Abilities

Unread post by Roxton »

Can anyone tell me what are the best skills for Broken Tooth "BiS"? I'm looking for almost 2 hours and I can't find any reliable saying. Some say Claw + Bite others say only Claw... And Prowl is nice? Can anyone tell me?
Should I put Growl too?

I really want know what the BiS combination for Raid and world content and also for PvP. Please folks, help me :cry:

Calculator
Last edited by Roxton on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Best Broken Tooth Abilities

Unread post by Bowno »

Is your pet ever going to be tanking in raid? If no, dont put on Growl.
Pretty sure the only time Growl works in PVP is on other pets, but even that might not be the case any more. So no point in having it for PVP.

If youre raiding and PVPing, you'd likely be fine with Claw, Bite, Prowl and Dash.
But that's just my thoughts.

Siggy under construction!

Roxton

Unread post by Roxton »

Bowno wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:02 pm Is your pet ever going to be tanking in raid? If no, dont put on Growl.
Pretty sure the only time Growl works in PVP is on other pets, but even that might not be the case any more. So no point in having it for PVP.

If youre raiding and PVPing, you'd likely be fine with Claw, Bite, Prowl and Dash.
But that's just my thoughts.
And for World Content, farming?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

If youre actually going out and fighting things alone, then youre going to want growl to hold agro. Unless youre a kiting master of course ;P
But, at that point, if you're doing really different things, like raiding/pvp AND you also are doing solo stuff in the world, then you might as well have 2 different pets.
Unless you dont really care about being super optimized, in which case I'd just go claw, bite(OR PROWL), growl, dash

AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

What are your other pets? Every Hunter I know uses a wolf for farming, including DM trib.

Also, the Hunters in my guild have been parsing BT damage in raids vs wolves, and we aren’t convinced BT is better for raids than wolves (especially because Furious Howl buffs tanks, and that doesn’t show up on parses).
Roxton

Unread post by Roxton »

AcadiAnne wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:05 am What are your other pets? Every Hunter I know uses a wolf for farming, including DM trib.

Also, the Hunters in my guild have been parsing BT damage in raids vs wolves, and we aren’t convinced BT is better for raids than wolves (especially because Furious Howl buffs tanks, and that doesn’t show up on parses).
I'm leveling one Slavering Worg only for Raid. But I didn't know that he was so good at farming things too.
Am I right to tame a Slavering Worg? Or is there a better one?
And what skills do I put in my Wolf?

Thanks for reply.
AcadiAnne
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Classic Alliance/ Retail Alliance and Horde

Unread post by AcadiAnne »

Slavering Worg/ Deathmaw are the best wolves. They both have the fastest attack speed at 1.2.
I have max Growl (for solo farming), Bite, Furious Howl, Dash, and Fire Resist, with the rest split between armor and stamina.
Roxton

Unread post by Roxton »

AcadiAnne wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 pm Slavering Worg/ Deathmaw are the best wolves. They both have the fastest attack speed at 1.2.
I have max Growl (for solo farming), Bite, Furious Howl, Dash, and Fire Resist, with the rest split between armor and stamina.
And Claw? Not so good for wolves?
Last edited by Roxton on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Wolves cant use claw.