Managing Multiple Pets

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thor

Managing Multiple Pets

Unread post by Thor »

I've been playing a Hunter on a private server (old computer wouldn't run the game client), but will be jumping into Wow Vanilla now that I'm getting a new computer. Something I've struggled with is leveling pets. That's mostly been my indecision on what pet I want. I was constantly taming lower leveled pets that I like the look of, and then spending an endless amount of time leveling them up (such a painful process). I'd change my mind again and do it all over.

For WoW Vanilla I do not want to repeat my mistakes. I plan to get myself a pet that levels with me instead of constantly changing my mind. If I pick up a new pet, then it will be close enough to my level that I'm not grinding endlessly to level it up.

My question is this - how do you manage multiple pets?

By this I mean, the typical approach is a leveling pet, a PVP pet, and a raiding pet. At what point do you pick up your PVP pet or your raiding pet? I know that depends on what pet you plan to use for those jobs, but odds are it's not at 60. If you're snagging a pet at 30 for your PVP pet, are you leveling it beside your normal pet to not have a level disparity? Or are you picking up that level 30 pet at 60 and grinding levels? What's the general approach?

I wasted so much time on the private server from poor pet management and I don't want to repeat that mistake.

I should note that I'm not asking for the best pets for each job. I've read enough and tested enough that I've figured out what I like. I won't be min/maxing my Hunter and very likely not raiding either. Just looking to have fun and not waste my time.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Managing Multiple Pets

Unread post by Rawr »

Pick out 2 pets you want and level them with you, as you level tame/train the abilities they will need (notepad and https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/ can help). At max level finish learning all the skills your pets need then go tame a 3rd if you want to. :mrgreen:

Thor

Re: Managing Multiple Pets

Unread post by Thor »

Fair enough. Thanks for the response.