Is there a way to convince Blizzard to add the Azeroth WASPS to the TAMEABLE table?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mojomo
Realm: jin'do

Is there a way to convince Blizzard to add the Azeroth WASPS to the TAMEABLE table?

Unread post by Mojomo »

It seems stupid and unfortunate that WASPS got added as Tameables in Wrath, but none of the "Wasps" actually filed under "Wasps" are tameable in Wrath Classic
Only the fireflies and two boss wasps in Shozalar are tameable wasps.

Esfand got Blizzard to give his Paladins a Horde seal on Alliance in TBC Classic, but it feels like Hunters were really scuffed on this one.
I don't think it gets much attention. I think even Chimaera's have more choice than the Wasps.

Don't get me wrong, I think the fireflies are cool, but c'mon,
WASPS, the actual FERALAS WASPS, aren't Tameable???
I've made a (dead) thread on the WoW servers and sent Blizzard a suggestion, but it's depressing and I don't think it'll get changed.
I've had people tell me "but those wasps are Silithids", but then Silithids also became tameable?
I just don't get it.
Only a tiny amount of wasps are tameable, why did they even call them wasps and not Fireflies????
Ok,
thanks pet bros. I enjoy pets a whole lot as you do and am just shooting this out there, peace,
pls help me with this one
Mojomo

Re: Is there a way to convince Blizzard to add the Azeroth WASPS to the TAMEABLE table?

Unread post by Mojomo »

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ble/388421
I posted my thread here, although I am copypasting my added notes here just for convienience for you.

In Wrath, with the Beast Mastery tree, Silithids became Tameable. It would be bizarre, if these Azeroth Wasps are actually Silithid, and Blizzard said they were not tameable a second time in another pet class that is now also Tameable in Wrath. Mind you Petopia, the hunter pet website, says they are indeed “Wasps”, in fact funnily enough, the only Wasps in the game by their standards, but even so, if they are Silithid, then shouldn’t they be classified as Exotic pets like the Hive’Zora, Hive’Zara, and Ahn’Qiraj Silithid, most of which are absolutely tameable.
From what I’ve read, Blizzard never categorised the Azeroth wasps as anything, like an oversight, and this is the sole reason they are not in the Tameable Wasp tree. If they were Silithids, it would say, “Silithid”, like the Tameable Soldier Silithids.
Lorewise the Raptors in the Barrens are “intelligent” as well as the Spirit Beasts and Glitch pets people have gotten away with.
In TBC Classic, Alliance Paladins got given a Horde seal because it was a retroactive misnomer on the devs part, and they fixed it, adding these Wasps to the wasp table would be no different, it’s not a new thing, they got added in later, and Wasps still are tameable as Fireflies with their Sting toolkit. It’s not like I’m proposing something crazy like a new ability or pet family.
I just find it strange that Blizzard DID make an effort to add in Silithid AND Wasp families in Wrath, they just didn’t make certain models tameable for some programmable reason.
arixito
Realm: Eranikus

Re: Is there a way to convince Blizzard to add the Azeroth WASPS to the TAMEABLE table?

Unread post by arixito »

Money
Mojomo

Unread post by Mojomo »

lol, I'm glad they helped out a lot of pets in Wrath, but lots of them still seem scuffed, did they fix them in Cata? I can't remember maybe it was even MoP. Exotic pets dont feel powerful enough.