Simple Tome of Bone-Binding

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Goblinoid

Simple Tome of Bone-Binding

Unread post by Goblinoid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:39 am

Any news? I've been looking everywhere in beta and haven't found anything yet. My only clue comes from the flavor text:

"A tome written by members of the House of Rituals, in large letters and using simple words, to teach the House of the Chosen members how to bind undead beasts to them. There are pictures."

The houses are part of Maldraxxus, so it's assumed to either come from rep, a dungeon, or specific mobs. So far no mobs dropped them and I haven't seen a vendor with it.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Simple Tome of Bone-Binding

Unread post by Wain » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:49 am

No news :(

We believe we know which NPC will drop it (though clearly we can't prove that yet). But it appears that the NPC is unkillable currently because he evades when you try. Very frustrating.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

Goblinoid

Unread post by Goblinoid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Wain wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:49 am

We believe we know which NPC will drop it (though clearly we can't prove that yet). But it appears that the NPC is unkillable currently because he evades when you try. Very frustrating.
Which NPC is it? Maybe he's bugged or needs a specific event to happen to make him take damage.

worgpower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:39 pm

I am super excited for this, I’m more excited for undead pets than cloud serpents, but I still wish cloud serpents could of been wind serpents, and all the undead pets are ones I dreamed for, I’m going to tame a beast abomination, a lower profile hellhound, a skeletal raptor, and a skeletal wind serpent for my SV, I’m going to get a blue infernal hound, skeletal devilsaur, another bony raptor, and best of all, Reban for my main BM hunter, I’m so excited I can’t stop posting my excitement and feelings about this stuff on the forums, and I am still praying the source will be a drop and not a rep grind

Valnaaros
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Goblinoid wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:38 pm
Wain wrote:

Which NPC is it? Maybe he's bugged or needs a specific event to happen to make him take damage.
He is bugged and has been for most of Beta. Most recently he has been afflicted with another bug that has made him giant.

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered-Hand

Unread post by Krauth » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Valnaaros wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 pm
Goblinoid wrote:
Wain wrote:

He is bugged and has been for most of Beta. Most recently he has been afflicted with another bug that has made him giant.
is it the spinning bug guys near the tauralus rare?
Tyranny is selling endgame stuff, check it out!

https://tyranny-guild.com/tyranny/shop/

Valnaaros
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Krauth wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm
Valnaaros wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 pm
Goblinoid wrote:

is it the spinning bug guys near the tauralus rare?
No, not that one.

worgpower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 pm

When I first saw the tome announced, I was scared that the maldraxxus beasts were going to be there but no, they’re not true undead, they’re anima beasts taking on the form of undead beasts, and in some other forum, I was only told “true” undead which are not in SL zones have the tome required, but I’m super hyped for most of the pets in SL