Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by Valnaaros » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:20 pm

taywinnet wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:41 pm
Valnaaros wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:31 pm
Yes, but generally it has to be posted in a thread that Muffinus (the WoW dev largely responsible for Hunter pets) will notice it. Wain has compiled a list of beasts that should be made tamable, and also some recommendations of npcs that could have unused color variants added to them. The red and dark red Vulpin is included already in these recommendations :)
Thank you; this gives me hope! Poor gnome will just have to (im)patiently wait and pray.
You’re welcome! Hopefully it’ll happen in the next patch :)

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Classic Pterrodexes are very small when tamed. Not sure if this is intentional. Only been able to test the ones in Un'goro.

Also suggestion for the War horses and War kodos in swamp of sorrows, and then the armored War gryphons from Twilight highland. Potentially with a "lost" or "abandoned" rare version that is for both factions.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:31 pm

Unsure if this has been suggested or not, but it would be a nice QoL change for some of the Legion unicorns in the courser family to have their attack animations updated and in-line with the new Shadowlands coursers. The new ones have a second attack animation that has them basically stabbing in a nice fluid forward motion which is used alongside the old kicking animation, but the old Legion horses that use the same model are stuck with only the hoof kicks.

I love my Ephemeral Runner, but it feels awful to use in comparison to the newer unicorns. Likewise with Somber Dawn; it has such pretty colors and uses the exact same model as the new ones, but doesn't feel as great to use. The new coursers with that one extra animation seem so much more alive and less robotic than the others that it feels like straight-up downgrading when switching to a Legion one. And in the grand scheme of things, the Legion mobs aren’t that old.

worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 pm

Runethia wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:31 pm
Unsure if this has been suggested or not, but it would be a nice QoL change for some of the Legion unicorns in the courser family to have their attack animations updated and in-line with the new Shadowlands coursers. The new ones have a second attack animation that has them basically stabbing in a nice fluid forward motion which is used alongside the old kicking animation, but the old Legion horses that use the same model are stuck with only the hoof kicks.

I love my Ephemeral Runner, but it feels awful to use in comparison to the newer unicorns. Likewise with Somber Dawn; it has such pretty colors and uses the exact same model as the new ones, but doesn't feel as great to use. The new coursers with that one extra animation seem so much more alive and less robotic than the others that it feels like straight-up downgrading when switching to a Legion one. And in the grand scheme of things, the Legion mobs aren’t that old.
That also bugged me for a while, idk why they didn’t update the old ones if they’re basically the same, they should also give it to the owl steeds and make their animations faster, it’s slow motion running makes me not use it

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder
Realm: Too many, all NA

Unread post by WerebearGuy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Not sure when this began, as I don't use them very often, but the owl steeds (feathermane) have a very slow and floaty run now when you're mounted and they're following you. Rather than moving at normal run speed, they look to be moving in slow motion. This is exceptionally noticeable when riding any of the unicorn mounts, since those are basically the same animation.

Crawgs are the best hunter pet. Prove me wrong.
Oh wait...you can't!

ImageImageImage
Name the game these characters are from, and I'll be amazed.

worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:33 pm

I agree, Just like I said above, it really bugs me on how slow they are, they also made the same procedures to the windsteed mount and winged guardian (not the same model and skeleton, but I’m including it). Pets like Warpstalkers, Saurolisks, and some pets with very slow animations are the pets i use the least, this is why I don’t even use my owlsteed at all