Chains of Domination PTR is up! June 29 (NA) / June 30 (EU) Release!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Chains of Domination PTR is up!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I would suggest that any unused Panthara variants are put in Korthia. The issue is that Korthia is such a small area as is, and pretty much every section of it has something already there, so putting the Panthara in would probably overcrowd the small zone.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Gaskarga wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:53 am I was able to tame the Terrorclaw Predator on ptr. I found them on a floating island attached to what's labelled "Chain 014" . Map location of the island is 37.79,40.04. This beast has been asleep each time I've checked and was an easy tame without any unusual issues. The base of the chain (where it's attached to the ground) is in the Windswept Aerie 33.92,50.86. Hope this is helpful!
Thank you for the information! I have it already included in a list of compiled information, but thank you for keeping an eye out. If you find anything else that you think may have been missed, please post :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hoppers

*Recommend that the following be made Toads or Lizards*

Flashy Hopper 177158 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Fierce Hopper 178528 - Purple - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Mauler's Overlook in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Rockhopper 177335 - Gold & Brown - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in a cave in the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Zelnithop 177336 - Gold & Brown - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Rare - Found in a cave in the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend tamability, Name Retaining, and for it to use the unused Yellow variant.

Korthian Hopper 176665 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in mid Korthia. Recommend tamability and for it to use the unused Red variant.

Shardhides

*Recommend that the following be made Scalehides*

Shardclaw Alpha 178527 - Red - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Mauler's Overlook in Korthia. Tamable.

Shardclaw Mauler 177299 - Purple - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Seeker's Quorum in Korthia. Tamable.

Shardclaw Bear 178547 - Gold & Brown - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Mauler's Overlook in Korthia. Tamable.

Shardclaw Cub 178526 - Pale Yellow and Brown - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Mauler's Overlook in Korthia. Tamable.

Shardclaw Den Mother 178525 - Gold & Brown - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Mauler's Overlook in Korthia. Tamable.

Terrorclaw Dominator 177354 - Purple - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Hope's Ascent In Korthia. Tamable.

Terrorclaw Scraper 177353 - Red - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Hope's Ascent in Korthia. Tamable.

Terrorclaw Mauler 177352 - Gold & Brown - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Hope's Ascent in Korthia. Tamable.

Terrorclaw Pulverizer 177385 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Elite - Found on highest peak in Hope's Ascent in Korthia. Tamable.

Slatespine Brute 177296 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Tamable.

Slatespine Juvenile 177302 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Tamable.

Kah-Bear 177158 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Title: Kah-Dee's Pet - Friendly - Found in Keeper's Respite in Korthia. Tamable, but cannot be due to being Friendly.

Nyemi 177334 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Rare Elite - Title: Den Mother - Found in Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend Tamability and Recommend Name Retaining

Slitherwings

*Recommend that they be made into a Windrider family with Wyverns*

Korthian Flier 177355 - Red - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Hope's Ascent in Korthia. Recommend tamability. Recommend that it uses the currently unavailable Brown & Yellow variant.

Saberwing Gnasher 177356 - Yellow - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Elite - Found in Hope's Ascent in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Mature Slitherwing 177197 - Purple - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in the Estuary of Awakening and the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Slitherwing Matriarch 177196 - Red - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in the Estuary of Awakening and the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Siphoned Slitherwing 177249 - Purple - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Cannot be attacked. Found in the Estuary of Awakening and the Windswept Aerie in Korthia.

Juvenile Slitherwing 177374 - Purple - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Korthian Needlewing 177319 - Red - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Grimtalon 178906 - Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Elite - Found in the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Only spawns when the quest, "Broker's Bounty: Grimtalon" is up. Recommend tamability and Name Retaining.

Devourers/Animites

*Recommend the following be made into a new Devourer family*

Nimble Scavenger 177582 - Light - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in the Mauler's Overlook and the Sanctuary of Guidance in Korthia. Recommend that it also uses the Dark and Green variants unless more Devourers are added elsewhere. Recommend tamability.

Ravenous Scavenger 177198 - Light - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in the Estuary of Awakening and the Windswept Aerie in Korthia. Recommend that it also uses the Dark and Green variants unless more Devourers are added elsewhere. Recommend tamability.

Hungering Mite 177683 - Blue Animite - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in the Sanctuary of Guidance in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Cranes

Terrified Glitterfeather 178743 - Yellow & White - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Ardenweald during the "Battle for Ardenweald" scenario. Tamable.

Hounds

Starving Corpsehound 177130 - Stitched Olive and Stitched Green - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability.

Yiva 177444 - Uses Black Guarm - Min Level: 62, Max Level: 62 - Title: Mate of Guarm - Elite - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability and Name Retaining.

Girs 177422 - Uses the Brown w/ Chains Guarm - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Title: Child of Guarm - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability and Name Retaining.

Vargir 177443 - Uses the Brown w/ Chains Guarm - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Title: Child of Guarm - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability and Name Retaining.

Vanargun 177445 - Uses Black w/ Chains Guarm - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Title: Child of Guarm - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability and Name Retaining.

Frekki 177441 - Uses Dark Grey w/ Chains Guarm - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Title: Child of Guarm - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability and Name Retaining.

Hrodvetni 177442 - Uses Light Grey w/ Chains Guarm - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Title: Child of Guarm - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability and Name Retaining.

Rampaging Shadehound 177328 - Uses Dark Jailer Hound - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Dead - Found in Perdition Hold in The Maw during the Necrolord Assault. Tamable, but cannot be due to always being dead.

Rodents

Voracious Mawrat 179308 - Teal - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in The Path of Understanding in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Shadebeasts

*Recommend that the following join Warp Stalkers*

Shadecoat Ridgeback 178660 - Grey Soul Eater - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Seeker's Quorum in Korthia. Recommend tamability.

Chained Dusksavage 177137 - Black Winged Soul Eater w/ Red Eyes - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Found in Desmotaeron in The Maw. Recommend tamability.

Feathermanes

Andira 178357 - Uses Gold & Teal Larion - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Friendly - Found in Cocyrus in The Maw during the Kyrian Assault. Tamable, but cannot be tamed due to being friendly.

Battleready Larion 178376 - Uses Gold and Teal Larion - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Friendly - Found in Cocyrus in The Maw during the Kyrian Assault. Tamable, but cannot be tamed due to being friendly. Flagged as Mechanical - recommend being made into a Feathermane.

Mechanicals

Gatamatos 178354 - Silver Phalynx - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Friendly - Found in Cocyrus in The Maw during the Kyrian Assault. Tamable, but cannot be tamed due to being friendly.

Battleready Phalynx 178359 - Silver Phalynx - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Friendly - Found in Cocyrus in The Maw during the Kyrian Assault. Tamable, but cannot be tamed due to being friendly.

Chimaera

Flayedwing Transporter 178633 - Green Death Chimaera - Min Level: 60, Max Level: 60 - Friendly - Found in mid Korthia. Do not recommend tamability.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I personally don't agree with the scalehide change, even if it'd make them more useful as pets.They're alien bears that just have reptilian features. Panthara were amphibious/reptilian cats, but they stayed cats. Let the shardhides stay as bears! For the sake of evidence, Mawrats don't even look like rodents, shadehounds are floating plates of armor in the shape of a bear and are hounds, and Chimaeron has a massive turtle shell yet is still a hydra. Freaks and weird things deserve to stay weird!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 am I personally don't agree with the scalehide change, even if it'd make them more useful as pets.They're alien bears that just have reptilian features. Panthara were amphibious/reptilian cats, but they stayed cats. Let the shardhides stay as bears! For the sake of evidence, Mawrats don't even look like rodents, shadehounds are floating plates of armor in the shape of a bear and are hounds, and Chimaeron has a massive turtle shell yet is still a hydra. Freaks and weird things deserve to stay weird!
I don't want to sound like a broken record on points. But its much better to have them in a scalehide family, because at least then they get to be used. If you slap them into the bear family then nobody is really going to play with the new toys, it's going to be a case of catch, then cage. never to be seen again.

The panthera are clearly still cats, just with weird feather things.
The maw rats, are called mawRATS
The shadehounds are shadeHOUNDS
If you call these things shardBEARS then i'd be fine with them going into the bear family even if it would be a waste.
Chimeaeron, is a weird one, because it's clearly still a hydra, even if it's looking weird. Because there's nowhere else to really put it.

Bring back pet spec choosing.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As Danny said, Mawrats are called Maw Rats. They also use abilities and spells that support them being rodents, like one being called “Rats!”.

Shade hounds originally are hounds. All of those ghost hounds running around in The Maw are Shadehounds without the armor. The “quest” line to get the new shade hound mount shows that shadehounds are made from the spirits of hounds or wolves.

I agree that being able to choose your pet’s spec should come back. I get why it was done, but overall it would probably be best for it to be reimplemented.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Everyone agrees on the return of pet specs, if it were to be added back, pet families won’t matter anymore, but it never makes sense to me how blizzard represents Shardhides as alien bears, they look nothing like them, just the rigging, when I saw “Shardhide Bear”, I kinda thought it was a bad decision, they should change the names to being more reptilian rather than bear or mauler
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

DannyGreen wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:20 am I don't want to sound like a broken record on points. But its much better to have them in a scalehide family, because at least then they get to be used. If you slap them into the bear family then nobody is really going to play with the new toys, it's going to be a case of catch, then cage. never to be seen again.

The panthera are clearly still cats, just with weird feather things.
The maw rats, are called mawRATS
The shadehounds are shadeHOUNDS
If you call these things shardBEARS then i'd be fine with them going into the bear family even if it would be a waste.
Chimeaeron, is a weird one, because it's clearly still a hydra, even if it's looking weird. Because there's nowhere else to really put it.

Bring back pet spec choosing.
While I'm not knocking your personal choice, it's unfair to claim that everyone plays the same. While I fall victim to using the "right" pets for actual hard content like mythic 15 and up, I'll use whatever I want in raids, pvp, and basically any other content. Even if it's in the actually wrong and inferior spec of cunning. I've seen people using bears in all content, so it's unfair to assume nobody uses them. They may not be the second best tanky pet, but bears are still great tanks in most content. As for your counter arguments;

- "clearly" isn't very accurate. You can mistake them for odd lizards if you don't see their face. I've certainly mistaken them as lizards a few times with passing glances.
- They may have "rat" in the name, but they definitely don't look like rats at all. They're weird fleshy skeleton dogs with missing jaws that take the role of vermin.
- Just because it has "hound" in the name doesn't mean it's a dog. There are hyenas with "hound" in the name for example, and they're not related to canines at all.
- It was silly to mention Chimaeron in the first place, but come on; that big turtle shell is an endearing yet mismatched part. Would've been funny if it was a turtle pet, you have to admit.

In nature, there are animals that have names that don't fit. Binturongs, also known as bearcats, are neither bear nor cat. Honey badger isn't an actual badger, but more of a marten. The hilariously named "horny toad" is a lizard and in no way amphibious. Catfish, dogfish, electric eel, and so on have names that include other species, but are not cats, dogs, or eels. Hell, I just learned of a frog that's called a mountain chicken, and frogs are definitely not chickens. While World of Warcraft isn't an offshoot of National Geographic, the fact remains that an animal's name doesn't always describe the animal's actual species. Shardhides may not have "-bear" or anything ursine in the names, but the fact remains that they're basically alien bears. Life on other worlds doesn't have to be the same as what we find normal. While Draenor/Outlands had animals that were barely alien in most regards, we saw creatures on Argus that were absolutely alien like Marsuul and Panthera. While they fit the bills of rodent and cat respectively, they had alien designs that at a distance would mask what they actually are. Likewise on the topic of names that don't match; Sporebats. They definitely aren't bats, after all. The bear family deserves an interesting new model since the only skins are "It's a bear, but <color>". The Amani bears were a good way to change things up, but it's still just a regular bear. Shardhides are a perfect way to give them a unique and unusual look.

Your last sentence is an objectively correct opinion though, but Blizzard clearly chooses to ignore this much-REQUIRED fix.

EDIT: I just thought of this example after posting, but re-reading worg's post above reminded me. You know the term "bull"? When you think of this, I bet the first thing you think of is a male cow. A perfectly reasonable thought, if you did have it. Using wikipedia, there's many animals that use "bull" as the term to denote males in species. cetaceans such as dolphins and whales, chinchillas, alligators, camels, sharks (bull shark bull, haha), and so on. Worg pointing out that their internal names were "shardhide bear" can be argued for and against my own argument. On one hand, it's named as a bear, while on the other hand, it looks nothing like a bear. I'm definitely on team "is a bear", if my protest wasn't obvious enough, but the fact remains that bears deserve to keep the skin. They deserve SOMETHING, at least.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Anyone with the void warpstalker, can confirm if that model got updated on the ptr as well?

Screen shot plz =D
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Warp Stalker pets sadly didn't get updated. That model is purely for a mount, unfortunately.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:50 pm Warp Stalker pets sadly didn't get updated. That model is purely for a mount, unfortunately.
For now.
The model has only one skin and no attack animations, but that model is just warpstalker2.m2. It's not warpstalkermount2.m2, and it has no saddle. In the coming builds we'll probably see a saddled/armored version for mount usage, which means that Blizzard added a non-saddle version, and they wouldn't do that for no reason. Hopefully that reason means they'll end up making versions we can tame as well.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They wouldn't do that for no reason, huh? *Cries in ugly WoD Rylak that was removed* Salt aside, I do hope it gets attack animations. I really love the new look, and I'd love to finally have a reason to go grind for Gezzarak.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Putting all the bear arguments on the side
1.Blizz doesn’t make sense with hunter pets since it’s the thing they least care about
2. Give every pet family a unique trait to make them stand out, or instead of a spec, give it some sort of talent tree to choose what your pet will do whether it’s tanky, PvP oriented, or give it something to make other models shine while not making them all a waste, cuz most of the good pet models are cunning and tenacity and those two are not even as good as a ferocity
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Bladewing Bloodletter now uses the unused orange Outland chimaera variant

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Huh.. now that's a change nobody expected.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Dreadtick Latcher now uses the unused green bloodtick variant

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Slateclaw Shrieker now uses the unused light tan pterrodax variant.

The unused black skin for saurolisks is now used by the Thornspine Saurolisk.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Ankylodon Bull now uses the unused black variant

The Venemous Diemetradon now uses the unused vermilion variant

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

oh!! what pleasant surprises, I always like to see unused models added in :D
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Just looking at things on WoWhead since I've been slacking on leveling my hunter and I can't actually check the PTR in a practical way. Sorry. :(

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=175994/wolf-serpent Generic name so it might be a test npc, but tameable labeled wolfserpent.
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=176264/maldraxxus-fly (corpsefly beast, not labeled tameable.. yet?)
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=177335/rockhopper (Hopper NPC. There are many of them that are beast, none yet labeled tameable)
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=177553/deadsoul-scavenger (Another Beast devourer NPC, not labeled tameable)
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=177137/chained-dusksavage (Another)
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=178044/tamed-devourer (Another. This one's name is rather on the nose.)