9.1.5 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 9.1.5 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Gonna second that devourer tame. We got blood beasts, which were a VERY welcome addition (I still love my ugly mutant toad baby), and while two of the three possible tameable devourers are basically reskinned blood beasts, I'd still love to have them in their own non-cunning family. Considering Blizzard is caving in to so many things people have wanted since beta, now is definitely the time to push for fun stuff like that.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:58 pm Gonna second that devourer tame. We got blood beasts, which were a VERY welcome addition (I still love my ugly mutant toad baby), and while two of the three possible tameable devourers are basically reskinned blood beasts, I'd still love to have them in their own non-cunning family. Considering Blizzard is caving in to so many things people have wanted since beta, now is definitely the time to push for fun stuff like that.
Blood Beasts and Devourers share really similar physiology too (even if just by coincidence, I don't mean to imply a lore connection, it's just funny that the 2 major body types are identical)

Image Image
Image Image

I just think devourers would make great candidates for our next specialty tame, whether it was some sort of tome requirement or maybe a special quest or something.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'm sure Devourers will get their time in our stables. Blood Beasts were dangling in front of us until the tome was slipped into the game out of nowhere. If anything, it'll be unusual for us to NOT get them. The same goes for the two obvious candidates in Korthia as well, but Devourers have been in since beta, and we still don't have them yet. It's not like we don't have alien freaks as pets, like the panthara and marsuul, and if we can tame mutant frog babies like blood beasts and hilarious stitched abominations that genuinely don't deserve to live like Chimaeron, then a beast that exists between realms isn't out of the question.

I'm still waiting for that mythic challenge tame of getting the Spawn of G'huun. Blood Beasts aren't complete without that.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I wasn't convinced on devourers until the Korthia "crawg" types were added honestly, those really solidified them as potential candidates to me, that model is just too pet-worthy. :D
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Worst comes to worst, at least we get them as mounts like Razorwings.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm hoping that they'll make the anima mites, the devourers, and the gorgers all tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This is a minor look addition, but the Bound Scavenger (already tameable skeletal raptor) in Nazmir will have the unused, slightly-different bronze skin added to it in 9.1.5. This look is really similar to the existing tameable bronze, but it has small texture differences.

Here's a comparison of the two looks. It's hard to tell, but the existing one on the right has a slightly higher contrast, and slightly different regions of light and dark.
SkeletalRaptorComp.png
SkeletalRaptorComp.png (4.98 MiB) Viewed 6091 times

Maybe it'll be easier if you compare the model shots:

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The higher contrast looks so much better. It's not minor at all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The yellow cobra variant is now tameable! It will now spawn from Fangcaller Xorreth.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Good to see it's finally in. Felt bad for it since it was left out when the (better) red skin was added. I'm personally not too keen on the yellow, but I'm even less keen on things being left out when they're already in the game files.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

It’s nice their adding more looks, but I think there might be more horse looks we don’t know even exist in game, i know a while ago, Luna found a regular light palomino
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

What if Razorwings tamable as Ravagers? And I think Wilderlings would make great Feathermanes!
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

A long time ago they added a golden variant to the saber cat skins. I wanted it the second I saw it. That was years ago. I know people are tired of cats. but still want. :(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pm What if Razorwings tamable as Ravagers? And I think Wilderlings would make great Feathermanes!
While ravagers and razorwings may look alike, they’re not related, ravagers are a ravenous insect predator native to draenor/Outland even after the mutations, Razorwings are armored flying beasts from the shadowlands and completely unrelated in terms of background, wilderlings on the other hand can’t be feathermanes, the hybrid should have wings or winglike appendages, hence owlcats, the best bet for wilderlings right now are either serpents, or believe it or not, wolves, like the beast lore says ingame, razorwings can fit into feathermanes with their unique cousins of the family wind riders or wyverns which don’t fit at all, but still there
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No changes to Devourers, Wilderlings, or Razorwings in today's build.

No changes to Nyemi or to the Corpseflies of Korthia.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

My usual checks are also not changed, and I checked every instance of pink elekk since it's currently Brewfest (aka the perfect time to make them available, come on!). My dream of pink elekks is slipping away, just like my dream of looting the Big Love Rocket every February.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:00 pm My usual checks are also not changed, and I checked every instance of pink elekk since it's currently Brewfest (aka the perfect time to make them available, come on!). My dream of pink elekks is slipping away, just like my dream of looting the Big Love Rocket every February.
Now it is called the X-45 Heartbreaker.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

New PTR build. Stables are fixed and work as intended now.

Things that should be tameable:
- Pink Elekks: Still marked tameable, still marked friendly.
- Razorwings: Still not classified as a tameable beast type.
- Wilderlings: Has wolf info when Beast Lore is applied, but still not tameable.
- Devourers: Still abberations.
- Animites: Still abberations.
- Gormlings: Still not classified as a tameable beast type.
- Gorm Matriarchs: Still not classified as a tameable beast type.

Things from the Pets that could retain their names when tamed (suggestions) page:
- Amethyst Guardian: Still forgets its name when tamed.
- First Guardian of Kalliope: Still forgets its name when tamed.
- Ironbarb Skyreaver: Still forgets its name when tamed.
- Ol' Big Head: Still forgets its name when tamed.
- Son of the Beast: Still forgets its name when tamed.

Persistent Bugs:
- Crystal Scorpids: Still missing parts of their model.

It's safe to say that no pet-related content was added in this patch, unless it's another surprise skin addition on an obscure mob. Another thing that I do kind of wish was tameable; Mist Decoy. It makes no sense, but come on! Taming an illusion would be fun.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is possible that they could still add more beasts, but I think that if they were going to make new families, they would’ve done so by now.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It is a bit of a shame, but it really does feel like we won't see our blue alien friends as tameable for a while. The other stuff already has something it can fit in, albeit rough fits. Then again, Gromits are toads, so putting Razorwings, Wilderlings, and the other Gorms in fitting families isn't too much of a stretch.

Clearly however, this isn't a pet patch. Not by a long shot. Maybe next time.