BlizzCon Beasts

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: BlizzCon Beasts

Unread post by worgpower »

Tbh, It would, since they’re kind of related to dream runners, and the dream runner skeleton actually came from the windsteeds
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I really love those stags

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:06 pm Jeez, that olive one looks so good. I didn't know it had a good color scheme. I was going to ignore them initially, but if that olive one is tameable, I am all over that.
It’s funny, at first that one grabbed me the least. But if you look at the gorgeous textures it’s quite amazing. The green scales are like precious metal.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH_V0gMBFeY this guy showed early gameplay and theres pleanty of beasts hes shown
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Hard to say which beast(s) I will end up taming. I'll probably have to wait until testing to see them for myself before I can say for sure, but I do like the windsteeds.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I've already got my list ready for when playable alphas/betas come out, and I even have my template suggestion ready to beg for certain mobs to be tameable. As it stands though, I'm certain the only beasts we've seen that won't be tameable will be the grubs. The rune stags and windsteeds are obvious candidates for the stag family, the etherwyrms are blatant wind serpents, and the Larion (wing lions) are most definitely going to be feathermanes, but those bunny-eared grubs will likely be forgotten, as are all worms that aren't classic worms, wrath jormungars, or BfA tidal guardians. Worms deserve the grubs, dammit!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I can agree, blizzard is stupid in a few ways, why tf are grubs untameable, all types, no reason, they deserve to be pets and they are just as slimy and aggressive as regular worms, I hope blizz lets us tame grubs, I love the new ones, and the Argus ones
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

oh I agree with Werebear, that olive one is gorgeous!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Divixon wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:22 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH_V0gMBFeY this guy showed early gameplay and theres pleanty of beasts hes shown
Awesome! Thanks!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh geez. I will probably never use any pet but Egg for any length of time, but damn do I need all the windsteeds. I wonder if this means there will finally be the other mount colors of them, too?
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Watch them be mean and make nothing in the Shadowlands tameable since they're all dead, and only add newly tameable stuff on Azeroth, lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

For older world beasts, I’m begging for mammoths, and elekks, I just want a mammoth by my side, same with giraffes, and possibly horses with no horns, and grubs like I mentioned above
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Maybe everything in the shadow lands will be Spirit Beasts. Lol. No that'd be mean.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I have a feeling that there will be wild versions of the Sylverian Dreamer mount, and they would be fit to be in a family with the new wind serpent or a spirit beast which is probably the best for it
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

I wonder id the undead-y covenant or its area might give access to taming some existing undead-y beasts - like the trick for taming the green demon wolf in WoD...
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's mind-boggling that they haven't used that concept since. Obtaining an item from an NPC that's hard to fight (for that expansion) was the best concept, but it's only been used once. We had other odd taming methods, like the awful Panthera one (please god don't let this one happen again), but the best one has definitely been the WoD method. That would be nice to have so we can tame some kind of fancy undead beasts in Maldraxxus, though I'm not holding my breath for a miracle like that.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

I still have the undead spider in my WoD garrison just in case they do put something in...