Shadowlands General Discussion

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Re: Shadowlands General Discussion

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

There's a new feature where you can see if your character has mail, when you're in the character selection screen. I really like this!

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

So I just found out that Wild Spirits night fae ability and it’s not as fun as it used to say which makes me go for venthyr’s flayed shot, but now it’s hard for me to decide for my Druid, I would go night fae, but it has soulshape which feels pointless for druids in general except for the flicker, which makes it harder for my other max level characters to decide on a covenant, again, it’s hard to decide for which covenant to go for on some of my toons
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Regarding the AoE cap, has anyone tested Barrage? It says it caps on 8 enemies, is it the same 8 each time? (there's 16 pulses on live)

Either way, I can see it possibly being beneficial depending on what you want to use it for.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

So having trouble finding info on it, so maybe you guys know.

I know tmog is locked to covenants (which is such bull, hopefully they'll remove that restriction in the future). Does this also include mounts? I'd love to have a larion mount for my pally, but the Bastion plate set is so ugly, I much rather have the Venthyr one. But for me, the only mail set that looks good is the Bastion one, but I really don't wanna drag my 2 mains thru the same covenant...blarg!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

If you want one part of the covenant, no matter what it is, you need that covenant. Mounts, armor, whatever; you pick a covenant and you're stuck with it until you "betray" them for another covenant (which is stupid since you're not betraying anyone. You're helping EVERYONE. God awful writing ahoy!). I doubt it'll change since Blizzard seems adamant with the players dealing with the hand they willingly pick and only that hand.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:21 am If you want one part of the covenant, no matter what it is, you need that covenant. Mounts, armor, whatever; you pick a covenant and you're stuck with it until you "betray" them for another covenant (which is stupid since you're not betraying anyone. You're helping EVERYONE. God awful writing ahoy!). I doubt it'll change since Blizzard seems adamant with the players dealing with the hand they willingly pick and only that hand.
They lifted the restrictions for artifacts, so kinda hopefully they'll eventually do it for covenants.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

While true for artifacts, that was (now) two expansions late. There's always got to be some exclusivity, even if said exclusivity is objectively bad.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since those abilities are tied to covenants, I’m not sure if they will retire covenant abilities since they are not tied to weapons or gear, I hope they won’t remove them for the next xpac after since SL will be a leveling xpac at that point and maybe they can just cap the class abilities to 60, but the normal abilities, especially venthyr and night fae have good abilities that don’t involve combat or summoning
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I’m so hyped for today, I won’t be able to play on the time of release due to how busy I am in the afternoon, but I can play at night, hopefully I can try to level through bastion and possibly get to maldraxxus, considering how long leveling will take and how massive the zones are
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Our local weekly gaming group is meeting one hour after shadowlands goes live (zoom meeting, stay safe everyone!), so I doubt I'll get to start questing until tomorrow.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Trying to figure out whether me or my fiance can get shadowlands or not right now. Stupid pandemic making money stuff harder than it needs to be.
I know Black friday is coming up in a few days.. But I'm thinking it's WAY too early in an expans release for it to show up as a black friday/cyber monday deal.. Right?

Siggy under construction!

Veronika

Unread post by Veronika »

First ever expansion I have to miss out on until I can figure out why my nerve pain has spread and am now unable to sit for more than 15 mins a day. Not even worth buying it, what can I do in 15 mins? and not everyday either, I’m on the verge of crying the last 10 mins and it makes it out every now and than soaking my cheeks. All those pets, new mounts argh I was already depressed, this does not help make me feel any better. Seeing a neurosurgeon hopefully he can find something that’ll help me, like another medication I could try or something, I didn’t get the PS5 either and am left with not much to do to take my mind off it except my IPad games and binging Buffy.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I’m very sorry to hear the stress and problems that you two are facing :(
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm very upset with my friend right now.
She bought me and my fiance shadowlands. I told her not to do it when she said she was, and she did it anyways.
SO I GUESS I MIGHT BE PLAYING?
IDK how i'm going to pay her back. I hope she will play with us at least.
Veronika, I hope you feel better soon. And dont worry, the pets will still be here. Same with the mounts. They wont go anywhere. They will wait for you when you are ready. If there are any battle pets that can be caged that you see you want, I can try to get an extra one for you for when you do get a chance to get on.
And TY Valnaaros <3

Siggy under construction!

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Can Hati be ridden in the Maw?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Good news everyone!

My guildie Daetur has found a bone tome - it dropped from a Maldraxxus elite mob (not a rare, just a regular one). I'm inclined to believe that it just wasn't activated during beta for whatever reason, glad to know it's working now and isn't too terrible, probably just a low drop rate from elites there.
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

Hi folks! Confirming for Veph- my hunter looted this on live off of the "Bloodtusk Ancient" elite in the Valley of a Thousand Legs, Maldraxxus. So I can confirm it's dropping, but not if it's 100% off this mob, or just from elites in the zone and I lucked out. But it does exist.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks for the clarification, going to hunt for this tomorrow
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

I just killed this one first try (https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175 ... sk-ancient) and it dropped ( tome of bone binding)
Edit: tried to tame an undead pupper on my nelf ( who is lvl 50) after learning it on my main, and she was able to. So you just need to learn it on one toon
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I got over 30 kills just now from the bloodtusk ancients, still no drops, hopefully I’ll get it tomorrow