Shadowlands General Discussion

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Shadowlands General Discussion

Unread post by Ana »

I like the look of a lot of things in Shadowlands. ..but not too wild about the idea of the souls :(.,

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Neat!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Namárië wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:17 pm I like the look of a lot of things in Shadowlands. ..but not too wild about the idea of the souls :(.,
Why not?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

FormosT due to my personal beliefs but I also feel it's too uoriginal. Been done to death in so many games. The alternate dimension is ok, but I just feel meh about a whole expansion where it's about the souls of the dead.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

oh, I've missed hunter's mark!

and I want the spider leg cloak, but will probably end up with that purpley one...
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

You gotta go with the moth. "Why", you ask?

You just gotta.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Regarding minipets.. has there been any talk about getting rid of the stupid limits? So you can collect all colors of snakes, beetles etc?

Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Hmm, I wonder whether a prolonged visit to the Shadowlands will finally teach hunters the ability to tame all undead beasts, not only the few exceptions we can tame currently.

I wouldn't say no to undead Devilsaurs, Ravasaur mummies and skeletal wind serpents.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nazja wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:41 am Hmm, I wonder whether a prolonged visit to the Shadowlands will finally teach hunters the ability to tame all undead beasts, not only the few exceptions we can tame currently.

I wouldn't say no to undead Devilsaurs, Ravasaur mummies and skeletal wind serpents.
I think maybe it's time. Perhaps Forsaken should get them by default, and others have a way of learning to tame them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Namárië wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:41 am Regarding minipets.. has there been any talk about getting rid of the stupid limits? So you can collect all colors of snakes, beetles etc?
As far as I am aware, no. There has been hardly any talk of battle pets in Shadowlands aside from some Covenant pets that have special interactions with the environment.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In case you haven't already seen this news, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur is going to be removed from sale in Shadowlands:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... 1/370236/8

There are quite a few threads about it, filled with many angry posters.

It will still be available in a more limited way - it's going to be added to the Black Market Auction House, which will likely be a far more horrendous experience than farming the hoard of gold for it that you currently need.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Definitely one of the more idiotic things Blizzard has done, for sure. We can still buy the other two vendor mounts expansions later, but the brutosaur is the special snowflake to get thrown into the no-peasants auction house? It doesn't matter that the former two are just vendors and transmog either; they're vendor mounts, and so it the brutosaur. They've never taken a vendor-bought mount off and made it exclusive for no reason, aside from the equally stupid change in Classic to BC with the original mounts. They have no good reason for doing this, and it is only being met with negative feedback. It's already stupidly overpriced, and putting it in the poverty-not-allowed auction house is just going to make it more expensive because it's going to be more than 5m gold every time.

I mean, I can't even amass 1m gold over the course of a year, so buying it was out of my range indefinitely, but the fact that I actually will never get it due to this change really peeves me.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

When I saw the 5 million price, I knew there was no way I would be able to afford the mount anytime soon, but expecting it to still be available at the vendors in future expansions, I didn't mind too much. I thought that, eventually, inflation would allow me to own it, and surely, by then there'd be so many new gold-sink mounts that no richmon would mind a poormon like me riding it any more.

How foolish I was... I knew I shouldn't have joined the cult of Jani when BFA launched. :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I briefly considered trying to make the gold for the brutosaur before Shadowlands hit, but then I did some calculations and realized:
If there are 50 weeks left (there’s probably less) and you need to make all 5 million gold, then you must gather 100k gold a week, every week until the expansion is over. I’m unsure how many hours a week it would take me to do nothing but make gold. Every day of every week. For a whole year. That’s seriously unhealthy gameplay.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I have like 3 mill saved ;-;
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:35 am I have like 3 mill saved ;-;
Nice! That cuts it down a lot. It's still maybe 40k a week, but it's much less damaging to your sanity than 100k :) Are you going to buy it?

I actually have over 1 mill. spread over my toons (opposing factions, so harder to pool), so it's easier for me than what I estimated in my last post, but it's still in the range where it would be crazy and I'd just be playing into the 'fear of missing out' psychology they're aiming for.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I just come to terms with that i wont get it and bought the yak mog mount instead :P

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm honestly fine without having it. I didn't think I ever would, so it's not huge blow to me.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

While I'm upset about not being able to get it, I'm more upset that Blizzard is trying to get people to panic and buy up tons of WoW tokens to get before its gone. That's a disgusting move to me.

Siggy under construction!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:59 am
cowmuflage wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:35 am I have like 3 mill saved ;-;
Nice! That cuts it down a lot. It's still maybe 40k a week, but it's much less damaging to your sanity than 100k :) Are you going to buy it?

I actually have over 1 mill. spread over my toons (opposing factions, so harder to pool), so it's easier for me than what I estimated in my last post, but it's still in the range where it would be crazy and I'd just be playing into the 'fear of missing out' psychology they're aiming for.
Yup! It's the whole reason I've been saving for months and I may already be insane haha