Shadowlands General Discussion

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands General Discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros »

All Courser, Nightmare, and Dreamrunner mounts can fly in Shadowlands.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=314431/fly ... hadowlands
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:14 pm All Courser, Nightmare, and Dreamrunner mounts can fly in Shadowlands.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=314431/fly ... hadowlands
I wasn't too surprised by this, because a lot of the dream runners appearing in Bastion have names like “cloudrunner”, etc. suggesting they can fly :) (none were ACTUALLY flying though).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316232/blo ... preview-of
Blizzard caved in and is basically letting players have the option to be high elves in the same vein as sandfury trolls and wildhammer dwarves. Both Blood and Void elves will get to have normal skin, advanced skin colors, and blue eye options. This is basically the beginning of the end for pointless customization restrictions, since Blizzard outright stated on numerous occasions that we'll NEVER get high elves, yet here we are, getting high elves that aren't (all) blueberries.

Now that they added this minor thing, where are my Eredar skins?!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah, I didn’t think they were going to go with blue eyes. But I guess it makes sense, as the fel wears off, that some would revert to their original blue. Unlike eredar, where the demonic skins aren’t something the draenei ever were or would want to be.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, I don't think that they'll add Eredar skins. I could be wrong, of course. You never know what Blizz will do. But the Draenei do not care for the Eredar and vice versa. They are two completely different people with two completely different ideologies. Besides that, there is only one occasion that I can think of where an Eredar was not trying to kill us, and it was that one that Rogues meet in the Sub Artifact questline.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:14 pm https://www.wowhead.com/news=316232/blo ... preview-of
Blizzard caved in and is basically letting players have the option to be high elves in the same vein as sandfury trolls and wildhammer dwarves. Both Blood and Void elves will get to have normal skin, advanced skin colors, and blue eye options. This is basically the beginning of the end for pointless customization restrictions, since Blizzard outright stated on numerous occasions that we'll NEVER get high elves, yet here we are, getting high elves that aren't (all) blueberries.

Now that they added this minor thing, where are my Eredar skins?!
Thrilled for this personally. I started WoW over ten years ago as a blood elf hunter. After much drama and chaos I ended up leaving my horde guild, joining a friend on the alliance and moved my main toon over as well. She has been my main ever since I joined and has been a number of different species over the years. Made her a void elf as soon as possible because it returned me to my roots-and now she is not going to be Viola from Willy Wonka anymore? I can essentially give her normal skin?! I can bring her back fully on the side that I prefer to play these days?

YAAAASSSSS
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I can make my booooy, I'm making a happy dance.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Gorgeous art, Inay :)

Sorry I haven't posted any updates in a while. The amount of crashes and disconnect bugs (some of which prevent your characters being used at all!) combined with the fact there haven't been many beast updates meant I've taken a break from the Alpha for this build. Instead I've been focussing on our database of creatures that retain names when tamed, and thanks to all the generous Petopians who've helped it's almost complete!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've also added a new "Upcoming" category to pet status, which is something that I should have added ages ago. So if you see a teal clock face next to an NPC's name you'll know it's not yet tameable but soon will be.
upcomingshot.png
upcomingshot.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 16182 times
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Ardenweald stuff:

There's also a pale blue fox, but in my enthusiasm I forgot to screenshot it. Currently, all high elf NPC have purple (F) or blue (M) eyes.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

That Tame Gormling has me hopeful. I know it could just be a name, and that they may not actually be tameable, but that's just too much of a cruel red herring if they don't end up tameable now.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

It's a little pet in the first inn, you can pet it!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They seem to be getting ready to put out Maldraxxus already. Feels like Ardenweald was just a filler with how fast it came and went. Like, we got the beautiful Bastion, the dreary Revendreth, some Ardenweald. and soon the dreadful Maldraxxus. Emphasized text size being how much time each one got and how fantastic they were. Ardenweald looked to have the best visual aesthetics, but there's jack all relating to it in comparison to the other zones so far. I was most looking forward to this zone too. Is Ardenweald just that small?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Bear in mind that there was a bit of a gap between Revendreth being release and then Ardenweald being released. It is possible that by the time Ardenweald was to be released, Maldraxxus was either ready or almost ready.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm Bear in mind that there was a bit of a gap between Revendreth being release and then Ardenweald being released. It is possible that by the time Ardenweald was to be released, Maldraxxus was either ready or almost ready.
Yeah, I suspect that's the case. It still surprises me they're not staggering them more, to take advantage of influencer news cycles, but maybe they need testing done now.

I only just finished getting all the Ardenweald stuff in the database. It's too soon to start again! :cry:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Adorable pic of a construct and his pet dog just relaxing & enjoying the moment in Maldraxxus.

UndeadPair.png
UndeadPair.png (589.89 KiB) Viewed 15729 times
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

I wanted to make a comparison between the Retail and the Alpha starter pets, but the game itself is not quite sure at the moment.

I'll make a compilation when that part will be less bugged. At the moment, you start with no pet when you log despite the pet appearing on the character selection screen. (And it ceases existing if you log on then log off.)

The new tutorial zone (Alliance side only for now) starts with no pet, and you get a quest to tame one. In one hand, it's nice to have a quest to introduce the mechanic. On the other, it's a very generic island, and "go tame one of the three animals that live here and have no attachment whatsoever with your character race" is... I feel it loose a lot in personnality. It's the original quest of "Go tame three animals of the region" but in bad because the original, the zone was depending on your race and not two races had the same starting creatures.
I don't know, I just... I wish there was something to keep pets specific to race even in that tutorial. Maybe if you starts with a draenei there's a rare talbuk escaped from the ship somehow, I don't know.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, it's very uncertain what they intend, right now. I hope we get some clarification soon, so we can provide proper feedback. And I agree that there should be some options there for racial pets, but when you're all on the one island that's difficult unless you add special code for each race :/ Hopefully we'll know more soon.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Class-wide Artifacts are something being considered by Blizz.

There will be no new Stable UI in Shadowlands.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I want to see a chart of the new starter pets, would be lit