Shadowlands General Discussion

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
parkinstark
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Shadowlands General Discussion

Unread post by parkinstark »

Couple of observations after skimming the last page of the thread and also looking around Ardenweald:

I got my tome of bone binding from the plague-something dungeon. It can be read sub 60.
Gorgon taming book cannot be read sub 60, but can be acquired as soon as you zone in. The rare didn't have the portrait for me or a mark on the map.
The Glimmerfur Vulpin can spawn as the teal version with whiteish/gray fur.
I have yet to see the Teal with black fur vulpin in game anywhere and I've gone through the dungeon a couple of times; does it exist or is the petopia screenshot darker than the actual coloration? In the image attached I managed to snap a screenshot while the light blue one ran by. You can see the difference between it and the wild one + the one I tamed from the dungeon.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I mentioned in the other thread but yeah, the black-tail is a lighting error in the model capture, the foxes don't actually have that in game and what you're seeing in your screenshot is the correct one. I'll let Wain know so he can replace the image on Petopia!
parkinstark
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by parkinstark »

Good to know. Thank you! I guess we should add that that particular model has the capability of being that color as well since it's not listed either.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yeah I kept going past the teal and the purple vulpin because I thought their chest floof and tails were ment to be darker. Kind of a shame I think they look better that way. Did Wain say there were two teal types? one that was darker?
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Man, I want one of these crawbats as a pet. Imagine being able to build your own pets through the flesh craft stuff.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I also want crawbats, and I also want those slithering rib-cage thingies, they look like perfect pets for my forsaken hunter, it’s too bad crawbats stayed as critters, I would of died to have one for my forsaken
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Plus it would make some nice variation on the bats.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bats are boring in general, even the new models are not that cool, I guess everyone picks a ray for purge and ferocity since they are more varied and interesting, crawbats would of made the family used more
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

There's also those half-skeletal bat things from Argus that would be great bat pets. Crawbats and the Legion bats would have been the best additions for the family, what with bats having lacking options. I quite like the Dredbats, but I do agree that the weirder things need to be tameable too. I mean, we can tame skeletons, so why not half-skeletons? Perfect additions for undead tome tames.

EDIT: These things; https://www.wowhead.com/npc=124444/demonfly-acidmaw
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:35 pm There's also those half-skeletal bat things from Argus that would be great bat pets. Crawbats and the Legion bats would have been the best additions for the family, what with bats having lacking options. I quite like the Dredbats, but I do agree that the weirder things need to be tameable too. I mean, we can tame skeletons, so why not half-skeletons? Perfect additions for undead tome tames.

I would love to tame my own, but everyone would argue that their demons and they shouldn’t be tameable for hunters, I’ve seen warlocks summon darkhounds and infernal hellhounds from inner demons or nether portal, if warlocks can summon those, why can’t we have our own felbat, bilescourge, or dreadstalkers, they’re more like beasts than demons to me
Edit-I would love a felbat right on my side, walking rather than flying, I don’t know what family bilescourges aka skull Argus bats would fit, but I mostly aim for bats
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:54 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:35 pm There's also those half-skeletal bat things from Argus that would be great bat pets. Crawbats and the Legion bats would have been the best additions for the family, what with bats having lacking options. I quite like the Dredbats, but I do agree that the weirder things need to be tameable too. I mean, we can tame skeletons, so why not half-skeletons? Perfect additions for undead tome tames.

I would love to tame my own, but everyone would argue that their demons and they shouldn’t be tameable for hunters, I’ve seen warlocks summon darkhounds and infernal hellhounds from inner demons or nether portal, if warlocks can summon those, why can’t we have our own felbat, bilescourge, or dreadstalkers, they’re more like beasts than demons to me
Edit-I would love a felbat right on my side, walking rather than flying, I don’t know what family bilescourges aka skull Argus bats would fit, but I mostly aim for bats
It is because, imo, we are taking things away from the Warlock class. It is the same reason why I disagree with the npcs that use the BE Paladin horse models or the DK charger models being made tamable - we are taking something that is iconic to another class.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:39 pm
worgpower wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:54 pm

It is because, imo, we are taking things away from the Warlock class. It is the same reason why I disagree with the npcs that use the BE Paladin horse models or the DK charger models being made tamable - we are taking something that is iconic to another class.
Good point, but there’s many things that we can say that should be tameable, Skeleton horses because we got undead beasts, Blizz missed those horses for sure, crawbats still need tameability, if they made those real beasts that fly in maldraxxus, idk why Blizz didn’t add those instead of mana ray recolors, wicker beasts since drust is involved in ardenweald, we can probably get a rare drop tome or something, and hopefully and in the end of the day, if it’s another patch or Blizz decides to flag the beasts, soul eaters, i mention those beasts too much, might as well get one, and back to demons, we get tameable fel steeds, even though they use the normal horse model, so I can say we have a tameable demon
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's not "taking away", but rather "also being able to have it on a lesser scale". For Warlocks, they summon intelligent (arguable with felstalker and imp) demons that are so far from what they originally were. Felstalkers are beasts in the sense that they're animals, but that's as far as it goes. They are no longer bestial in the same sense as a hound or cat, but are just feral "things". With my mention earlier of the acidmaws, those are probably close to felstalkers in the same bestial argument; too far gone. I only mentioned it because the crawbats reminded me that they exist too. As for the horses; they are nothing more than horses. Some are undead, some are adorned with gaudy armor, and some might be ugly as all hell. In the end, they're still nothing more than a horse. Any class can ride a variant of those two horses (Argent Crusade has a white paladin mount, and the Shadowmourne quest gives a red deathcharger). They're only iconic in the sense that "this class had it first".

The short bit of my argument is this; demons are too far gone to be beasts anymore, while class horses are not special in any way other than any silly adornments they have.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You both make a really good point, wow is very confusing when it comes to class lore and the aspects of them, hunters are made to use bows and guns and have a name-able loyal animal on our side, warlocks are basically a more evil mage that have the ability to summon sentient demons that speak, DKs are also a pet class at an extent where we can have a ghoul, I understand if dreadstalkers and bilescourges could stay untameable, i can understand why felhunters belong to a warlock since they have magic powers, but I can see dreadstalkers and bilescourges being a ok candidate cuz they don’t have special powers, only animal behaviors, and they are tied to warlock abilities so it’s debatable
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Is anyone else feeling really overwhelmed right now? Maybe it's just me, but it feels like there are so many systems in Shadowlands that it's just too much to grasp when I first reach 60, and instead I resort to just keeping my head down, focusing on the one thing I'm doing and figure I'll work out the rest in the future. It certainly feels like there are more systems than previous expansions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the zones, but as for the level 60 stuff, it's hard to get a handle on it all. It's hard to ignore because I constantly see people on Twitter posting about the stages that they're at with all these different things, and what their plans are with each of them, and I feel like I've barely crossed the starting line. I think I'm going to have to get better at screening out Shadowlands social media for a while so I can just enjoy myself. I agree that everyone should complete content at their own pace but it's hard to feel the same enjoyment when you've already experienced everyone else getting there before you.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm in the same boat....overwhelmed.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think it helps for me that I only seem to be willing to spend a limited amount of time on wow right now. I'm actually still just leveling through the zones! But every time I read an article on wowhead about end game stuff, it kind of fills me with dread. The systems seem overly complicated, and the content sounds like it's just not going to be much fun...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There is a lot to do, and in order to do everything you will have to, honestly, invest hours every day in order to do so. For some that time is worth it, but if doing so will cause one stress and take away from their enjoyment of the game, then it is best that they just bite off what they can chew.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I don't have hours every day to invest....more like 45 minutes on a work day, if I'm lucky.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, it’s daunting when you can’t devote lots of hours to it. But regardless of time available, I still find the amount of different systems that become available at the same time at 60 is pretty daunting to understand. And if you follow many WoW related social media entities you get saturated with “and don’t forget to start X so you can get Y” posts. :p
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.