N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth - Tame Friendly NPCs

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Tame Friendly NPCs

Unread post by Wain »

Radikid wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:57 am Hello everyone.

I waited to share this information until I was able to look at everything that might be valuable for fear that posting this would incite a hotfix. N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth allows you to tame some friendly NPCs, for example, Tucel. I couldn't find any friendly monsters that reacted to this item that were previously untameable skins/models.

I may have missed some things, so please, if you find something of use, share it here.
Sorry Radikid, that you tried to tell us about the Sliver trick way back in February and we completely missed it. My only excuse is the distraction of the Alpha combined with the onset of Covid lockdown (at least here). If only we'd noticed this sooner we could have been testing things a while ago!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth - Tame Friendly NPCs

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I've moved all posts about Sliver tames to this thread, so that they're consolidated, except for SylviaDragon's thread devoted specifically to taming the two serpents.

If anyone finds any Sliver tames that haven't been mentioned, please post them here. I'm going to start cataloguing them for the database. Thanks :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Whatever faction is in parenthesis is the faction that can now tame them because of the Sliver.

Tiragarde Sound

Guardian of the Spring
Workhorse (Alliance)
Mara (Alliance)
Magoo (Alliance)
Goldie (Alliance)
Scout (Alliance)
Korthos (Alliance)
Kul Tiran Horse (Alliance) 123604
Kul Tiran Horse (Alliance) 127572
Domestic Alpaca (Alliance)
Rose (Alliance)
Ravasaur Sniffer (Horde)
Ravasaur Fleshripper (Horde)
Venomous Diemetradon (Horde)

Stormsong Valley

Mountain Hawk (Alliance)
Yard Dog (Alliance)
Lil' Red (Alliance) - does not retain name.
Pack Mule (Alliance) 142610
Pack Mule (Alliance) 128838
Riding Wolf (Horde)

Drustvar

Trader's Mule (Alliance)
Forsaken Bonechewer (Horde)

Nazmir

Milo (Alliance) - does not retain name.

Vol'dun

Alpaca 147453
Elusive Quickhoof
Lost Alpaca (Alliance) 140501
Max (Horde)
Molly (Horde)
Dolly (Horde) 128848
Dolly (Horde) 126219
Dolly (Horde) 143741
Dot (Horde) 143740
Dot (Horde) 128849
Dot (Horde) 126217

Zuldazar

Moult (Horde)

Mechagon

Nothing new and tamable in Mechagon.

Nazjatar

Wrinklefin (Horde)
Tinitoa - does not retain name.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Ivory Cloud Serpent
Rajani Warserpent 154761
Rajani Warserpent 156389

Uldum

Nothing new and tamable in Uldum.
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

ugh I need this beast so badly! but finding a group to get the toy has been very difficult!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I recommend joining the secret finders discord and join rosepetal ranch, Luna sets up events on mondays
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

worgpower wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm I recommend joining the secret finders discord and join rosepetal ranch, Luna sets up events on mondays
Seconding Rosepetal Ranch! They're a group in Discord that does very nice Sliver events, I joined their first one and it was a wonderful time. Very chill + everyone there is just an excited hunter and most of them are forum stalkers. :lol:

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I have tried a couple times to join their events but they did them when ever I wasn’t able to so I hope I can make it to the next one
Karasan
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Karasan »

I'm happy you guys have enjoyed our Rosepetal Ranch runs! If you shoot me a message I'll get you invited to our server :) The runs are hectic (makes me think of raid leading a PUG kinda lol) But we've gotten a bunch of toys and people who already have the toy help be sacrifices.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Karasan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 pm I'm happy you guys have enjoyed our Rosepetal Ranch runs! If you shoot me a message I'll get you invited to our server :) The runs are hectic (makes me think of raid leading a PUG kinda lol) But we've gotten a bunch of toys and people who already have the toy help be sacrifices.
Thank you so much for doing this! It's very generous. Do you have a Twitter post I can re-tweet, and/or Discord info I can tweet about? I'd like to publicize this more on the Petopia account :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Karasan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 pm I'm happy you guys have enjoyed our Rosepetal Ranch runs! If you shoot me a message I'll get you invited to our server :) The runs are hectic (makes me think of raid leading a PUG kinda lol) But we've gotten a bunch of toys and people who already have the toy help be sacrifices.
Oh sounds fun! Hope I can get in one of those!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Here’s a taming challenge for someone with the Sliver and a friend.

We need to know if the alpacas Molly and Max are tameable (1) by Horde using the Sliver, and also (2) if they’re also visible, friendly/hostile and possibly tameable by Alliance (perhaps even without the Sliver, if they’re hostile?)

The trick with this pair of alpacas is that they only exist when they pull a “Vulpera Caravan” 60-second rapid transport vehicle that Horde players can use in Vol’dun if they’ve fully established at Vulpera Hideaway. You just speak to a vulpera named Dust to use the Caravan.

The passenger definitely can’t tame them because they’re only present while the caravan is operating and they vanish as soon as you exit the vehicle. They don’t appear as separate NPCs anywhere, to my knowledge.

What *may* be possible is that someone else can tame them while you’re operating the caravan, if you stay close to them. Say, run the caravan into a wall so it stops moving.

To test this you’d need to be In the same shard as the other player. If it turns out the alpacas are normally aggro to Alliance then it might not be hard to test it with War Mode off. But for a Horde tame, and possibly Alliance also if the alpacas are friendly, you’d both need to have War Mode on and get lucky and be in the same shard in Vol’dun, then have the other person use the Sliver and try to tame them away from you.

I want to try and test this for myself, if I can coordinate a time with someone, but I’m posting here in case someone else can manage to test it first :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

So, I bit the bullet and when to try to get the danged toy today on my own.

Joined a CTA group in the Vale-told them I was just there to try to get the toy.

We got the required number of opposite faction kills (Horde as I was on one of my alli toons) easily enough and I got the quest.

Used the quest item.

I was able to go on and tame the Raljani war serpent (twice) WITHOUT completing the quest or getting the Sliver of N'Zoth toy.

(I was going to try, was actually looking it up, when a lovely dk on my faction ganked me of course, ending the quest and the buff)

So if you are like me and dont want to stress getting the toy-the pretty war serpents can still be yours without having to get the toy. :) Screenshot below to show my lovely new pets and LACK of the toy.

Though now that I know getting the other faction kills is not as bad as I was thinking, I am going to pester my buddy to come and help me by letting me kill her alts to get the toy and vice verse.
Brunswick

Unread post by Brunswick »

I made a YouTube video about getting the sliver and it has links to Rosepetal Ranch’s wow community and our discord channel! Please come join us! We’re a happy hunter group!

https://youtu.be/ZBwNR4vlYGI
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Brunswick wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:30 pm I made a YouTube video about getting the sliver and it has links to Rosepetal Ranch’s wow community and our discord channel! Please come join us! We’re a happy hunter group!

Thank you for this!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Brunswick wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:30 pm I made a YouTube video about getting the sliver and it has links to Rosepetal Ranch’s wow community and our discord channel! Please come join us! We’re a happy hunter group!

Thanks so much! I've tweeted about it :)

https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 6353314817
and:
https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 4596856832
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've created a Petopia guide with info about the N'lyeth toy taming trick, and a list of all known pets that you can tame with it. Please let me know if I've missed any:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/guides/nlyeth_tames.php

Radikid

Unread post by Radikid »

I appreciate the credit! I'm glad there is an area to discuss and explore what tames are possible.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I tried checking if the snapdragon dexter in nazjatar was tameable with sliver, but it only makes him neutral and in attackable
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, only one of the four friendly beasts in Nazjatar can actually be attacked and thus tamed. The other three remain unattackable.
Radikid

Unread post by Radikid »

Wain wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:40 pm I've created a Petopia guide with info about the N'lyeth toy taming trick, and a list of all known pets that you can tame with it. Please let me know if I've missed any:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/guides/nlyeth_tames.php

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=153902/tucel Missed one!