Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar »

Medium Decomposters are Basilisk/Krolusk, but for family.. idk. Maybe the Krolusk family is too specific.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia »

Qraljar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:45 am
MothArdenweald

I'm not usually a bug person, let alone thinking one is adorable, but... that is the cutest moth I have ever seen and I need it in my stables. The antennae almost look like floppy bunny ears. ♥
Valnaaros wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:01 pm

I feel like this one is sorta unlikely since it looks undead, but I'm still hoping this one is tameable too. Maybe we might get lucky since it's a "Shade Beast" with the emphasis on beast. Not entirely sure which family would be a good fit for it though. Out of the current families, maybe Warp Stalker?

Also I hope that by the "significant" stable slot increase we're getting, they mean at least 10. Because I'm gonna need at least 5 slots alone to decide which vulpine/fox color I want.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I NEED those Moths and Butterflies to be tameable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

The Shade Beast actually uses the Dragon skeleton.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

These gorgeous Larions are tameable as Cats, though they should probably be Feathermanes.
Larion.png
Larion.png (475.64 KiB) Viewed 5675 times
The lovely new ram model is also present in Bastion. It so far seems like a really nice and faithful update to the original, though I haven't had any time to study it. I also want to see what the other colours look like, since in the past some model updates have been faithful but the textures have not. At least in this case they've never been tameable before, so potential colour shifts aren't going to upset any current owners, but if they update the mounts (which they haven't yet) then the texture shifts are more important.
NewRam.png
NewRam.png (508.33 KiB) Viewed 5675 times

I haven't found any of the new moths to be tameable yet, but I haven't got far.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The beautiful, new "vulpin" fox model. I've seen a few colours around the place. The one was part of a pack that started attacking me out of nowhere.
Vulpin1.png
Vulpin1.png (340.17 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
Vulpin2.png
Vulpin2.png (351.42 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nice nice. Good job, Wain. I had assumed the rams would become tameable, but it's quite a new one, all things considered.

If you get the time, could you check old world pets too? Like Cloud Serpents, Aqir Goliaths, Kunchong, uhh, well, a bunch of stuff. I know you're probably busy enough as is, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:02 pm Nice nice. Good job, Wain. I had assumed the rams would become tameable, but it's quite a new one, all things considered.

If you get the time, could you check old world pets too? Like Cloud Serpents, Aqir Goliaths, Kunchong, uhh, well, a bunch of stuff. I know you're probably busy enough as is, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
I want to, but I need to find a way back to Azeroth first. My hearthstone seems to be set locally and I haven't found a portal home yet.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:57 pm
Qraljar wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:02 pm Nice nice. Good job, Wain. I had assumed the rams would become tameable, but it's quite a new one, all things considered.

I want to, but I need to find a way back to Azeroth first. My hearthstone seems to be set locally and I haven't found a portal home yet.
Oh,I saw some people in Stormwind who tried to find a way back. I know that there's a portal to Bastion in the Mage Tower. Not sure how to go back to Azeroth, though..

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I didn't catch WHERE they were, but I saw a recolored Teroclaw Chick. "Anima-Starved Cloudfeather" or something along those lines. I saw it on Sloot's stream somewhere before reaching "Agthia's Repose" in Bastion. It was inside of a tunnel, but he was zoomed way the hell out so a screenshot wouldn't have been easy. There's also maybe a new Teroclaw adult called "Corrupted Cloudtalon". Looks like it has the blue color, but it might be a new one.

EDIT
A few new colors for our cute birds. There's white with gold tips and pale lilac for both models, and a darker violet one for the adult.
EDIT 2
Saw dark violet hatchlings, didn't get a screencap. They're north-west of the pictured ones in a canyon.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 5629 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 5629 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Another lovely vulpin colour:
Vulpin3.png
Vulpin3.png (581.71 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
Another new ram:
NewRam2.png
NewRam2.png (551.43 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
One of the new moths that is tameable. They're clearly designed more with a critter in mind as their resolution is a tad lower, but not too bad. They're still lovely, and sufficiently detailed to pass as a beast. They do sit very low to the ground (drag in the dirt) and their nameplates are mostly hidden by their wings, which I suspect are both the result of them being designed as critters.
NewMoth.png
NewMoth.png (558.92 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Is it me, or are the goat's rear legs kind of dangerously anorexic? Like, it looks like you could kick them and the leg would go flying off the body.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

So, datamining suggests the Quilen Family will be renamed "Stone Hounds", which suggests its either expanded to some other rocky dogs (those elemental skeleton hounds?) or the "Windsteeds" people spotted before are taking their proper name and becoming tameable. Or both. Both would be nice.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I rarely check MMOChampion since it's not as good a resource as wowhead, but they had this screenshot of one of the new Ji-kun birds.

Edit; saw a new crane skin on Sloot's stream, but wasn't quick enough to cap it. Similar to the above bird, but blue.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 3307 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Bambu wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:13 pm So, datamining suggests the Quilen Family will be renamed "Stone Hounds", which suggests its either expanded to some other rocky dogs (those elemental skeleton hounds?) or the "Windsteeds" people spotted before are taking their proper name and becoming tameable. Or both. Both would be nice.
The elemental rocky dogs are most likely. The Windsteeds aren't hounds and would fit better in the stag family.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I now have WMV working for 9.0 so I'll start grabbing models, after I have a nap :)

Regarding the "Thunder Isle" bird model, there are at least 3 new skins: the dark purple, a shiny pale gold, and a shiny pale blue-grey. But the "young bird" (flightless) version has been updated to have all the same skin range as the adult birds (previously it just had one)!

There's at least 6 new crane colours, golden-white, blue-white, purple, dark purple-grey, green-white, and a pinish mauve.

I think all the ram skins have been translated to the new ram2 model. I'll try to draw up a comparison later.

There's at least three new dragon turtle colours, all with glowing runes, but the runes look more green and cyan, rather than blue like the original. The funkest is probably the deep magenta turtle with green runes.

There's also a new stone dragon turtle that looks very funky indeed. It's a rich magenta, with jade green stones and a copper shell! It's very eye-catching.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The flightless one gets HOW MANY NEW SKINS? My god, I'm going to have SO MANY NEW BIRDS. Can't wait to see the models after your nap. That last turtle sounds neat too.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 pm
Bambu wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:13 pm So, datamining suggests the Quilen Family will be renamed "Stone Hounds", which suggests its either expanded to some other rocky dogs (those elemental skeleton hounds?) or the "Windsteeds" people spotted before are taking their proper name and becoming tameable. Or both. Both would be nice.
The elemental rocky dogs are most likely. The Windsteeds aren't hounds and would fit better in the stag family.
Yeah, I'm confused because the stone skeletal dogs would be a horribly forced match with them too. They have zero things in common, really. Plus half the quilen we tame are now flesh, no longer stone.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Wain That is very true. I am not sure where they are going with this. I was thinking about if there are any stone hounds added in SL and there aren't. There are those constructs that the Kyrians have, but they are clearly designed to look like cats.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They're saying the windsteeds may be getting called Qilin/Kirin instead, which is the oriental mythological beast that the windsteeds are based on. It's wishful thinking at best right now, but since Quilen (A weird misspelling of Qilin, perhaps?) are being renamed to Stone Hound for whatever reason, it's a valid theory. Most likely going to stags, but hey. Wishful thinking!