Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

I’m still waiting to be accepted, I was so excited when they fully implemented it, I was trying to find it on YouTube to see what it’s like on SL
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 am Just seconding what Veph said earlier, it is best for now to just request what models and beasts currently exist in game rather than the creation of something new. Requests for new models or beasts can always be made in the lurker thread.
I will never NOT use an opportunity to ask for Slime pets.
And in SL with the whole Slime area with the Necrolords, it would be perfect slime time.

Though I DO want to see some old models update. I love the new death boars but I want to see the old pig animations. The modern pig look... strange when they run at high speeds.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:08 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 am Just seconding what Veph said earlier, it is best for now to just request what models and beasts currently exist in game rather than the creation of something new. Requests for new models or beasts can always be made in the lurker thread.
I will never NOT use an opportunity to ask for Slime pets.
And in SL with the whole Slime area with the Necrolords, it would be perfect slime time.

Though I DO want to see some old models update. I love the new death boars but I want to see the old pig animations. The modern pig look... strange when they run at high speeds.
I agree with you when it comes to boars, when wod was announced and saw the boar and the mounts, was so hyped and dreamed for boar mounts until my dreams got crushed as I saw them with direhorn animations, eugh, I was hoping a newer boar would have the old animations, but no, direhorn again, the boars should get switched, and suggested Blizz to do so, other than that, the models look great
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:38 pm I agree with you when it comes to boars, when wod was announced and saw the boar and the mounts, was so hyped and dreamed for boar mounts until my dreams got crushed as I saw them with direhorn animations, eugh, I was hoping a newer boar would have the old animations, but no, direhorn again, the boars should get switched, and suggested Blizz to do so, other than that, the models look great
Yer, at this moment in time i'd rather use the janky old boar models than the HD ones because of it. Don't get me wrong I appreciate all the pets we get, but these don't really feel like boars, more like Bacon flavoured insects, scuttling along at high speeds.

edit: I was looking at the animations to compare. And I think I found the main problem.

The modern boars don't actually run. They just move slightly faster.
Where as the old ones actually do a full gallop.
And the new ones also try to tail swipe you...
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

They can probably modify the boar animations or give all direhorn skeleton creatures a gallop, would be better for all the creatures rather than a quick walk
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Best part of the pig debate is that the original pig animations were at least nearly accurate to actual motions used by the real deals.I sure can't wait for all the old models to get faithful updates, so the newer boars can get their animations fixed.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I would /kill/ for a faithful boar update. The old animations are incredibly cute and endearing, and I dearly, dearly miss the old fuzzy boars - especially the Razorfen Kraul armored ones. Updated boars are right up there with updated old cats for me, there are just so many unique looks we can't have in the updated models provided. So, speaking of- updated cats are almost as high on the list as the list goes. I'd LOVE to see updated saber and regular cats. I'm personally a huge fan of the new nightsaber model and wouldn't mind that one being used as the regular cat, but I know that one had mixed reviews overall.

As for existing models, however- please!!! pigs!!! (and while we're at it, I'm being really sold on cloud serpents :,D)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Speaking of updates.. I'd really love it if Classic crocs got a model update. I like their design so much more than the Cataclysm ones that look more like stone constructs.

HD Vanilla crocs would probably have a lot of personality. Especially if they got a bit of a glossiness shader on them.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Qraljar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:19 pm Speaking of updates.. I'd really love it if Classic crocs got a model update. I like their design so much more than the Cataclysm ones that look more like stone constructs.

HD Vanilla crocs would probably have a lot of personality. Especially if they got a bit of a glossiness shader on them.
1000 times this!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

We need old cat, raptor, boar, and especially old wolf model updates, the newer wolves look great but don’t look too much like wolves to me due to the colors, I would love to see wolves with striking real life colors and good sized heads, I want something like this, no large tusks or three toed paws, should be four toes
A510AD47-2B9C-4462-94D2-FB3BB77B4707.jpeg
Attachments
A510AD47-2B9C-4462-94D2-FB3BB77B4707.jpeg
A510AD47-2B9C-4462-94D2-FB3BB77B4707.jpeg (179.15 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Updated cats would be my YES PLEASE moment. My original pet was the Springpaw Lynx from the Blood Elf starting zone. I corpse ran there in BC at level 20 on my Draenei hunter, taking a really damn long time to get there, just to tame a red cat. Its model REALLY shows age now though, as it's literally a red recolor of the original Night Elf druid cat form. Druids got an updated model, so why hasn't my red cat? It's been YEARS, Blizzard!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Lots of old models, getting an update would be lovely.
Boars, Hydras, Turtles, there's like 2 updated turtle models and one of them is made of lava.
Classic darkhounds animations were much better. I just don't like the WOD wolf animations.

Key part for updating old models would be keeping the old skeletons.
Because right now, Darkhounds and Regular wolves could be in the same category.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I wasn’t really a fan of old darkhounds, and I love the new ones more, when they were given hyena animations, they feel like an entirely different creature, and wolves, oldest ones, the worg is outdated but looks fine, but the old regular wolf on the other hand has a small head, and I can’t unsee it, and the draenor wolves and legion worgs have heads too big, and all draenor wolf mounts should of been given normal wolf animations, the mount ones suck, that’s why I only use beastlord’s warwolf nowadays, and the old cats look hideous, the saber has a weird grin that the new sabers don’t have, the lions are ugly, and the lynxes are pixelated asf, we need the updates
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

New Pet Familes!

Silithid is now Aqiri

Dog is now Hound

Shale Spiders are now Shale Beasts

Goats are now Gruffhorns.

Krolusks are now Carapids

Camels are a new family.

Mammoths are a new family.

Coursers are a new family.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

So Carapids I would assume for the Ardenweald bugs.

Shale Beasts for the Gyreworms?

Aqiri for Aqir Goliaths and maybe Kunchong? :O

Padwarle
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Padwarle »

There also appears to be a string for not knowing how to tame Undead.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:29 pm So Carapids I would assume for the Ardenweald bugs.

Shale Beasts for the Gyreworms?

Aqiri for Aqir Goliaths and maybe Kunchong? :O
I would agree regarding all of those.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Padwarle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:32 pm There also appears to be a string for not knowing how to tame Undead.

Ooooh. So something like for Mechanicals then.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dune Strider: Increases the Aqiri's movement speed by [ 30 + 25% of Spell Power ]%. Exotic Ability. Exotic Ability.

Tendon Rip: The Aqiri slashes at the target's feet, reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec. Special Ability. Special Ability. Melee range. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Simple Tome of Bone-Binding (New) Learn the dark secret to taming Undead beasts. Instant.