Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Zetsoban

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Zetsoban »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:25 pm Wowhead often has conflicting info, so it's worth checking. Anyone with time on their hands mind checking is on PTR and/or Beta? Right now it's an abberation, but things aren't always as they seem right now.
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=84833/sangrikass
Funny you mention this, I checked this an hour ago. Sangrikass is still an abberation on PTR.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Curses. Oh well.
Zetsoban

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:42 pm Curses. Oh well.
It's fine, he uses a generic wind serpent model. Nothing special about him.
Zetsoban

Wowhead lists soul fragment as another skeletal windserpent in Tanaan Jungle. Rasthe summons these, and these serpents are also transparent. Handy if you want two of them for animal companion! You just have to wait a little until they spawn.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081320_004533.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081320_004533.jpg (475.86 KiB) Viewed 4593 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wain, you make me sad because I know this giraffe/gazelle skin combo will never be in the game.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:57 pm Image
Wain, you make me sad because I know this giraffe/gazelle skin combo will never be in the game.
The white giraffe is just like it, but white, but I would love a tan giraffe and white gazelle, and okapi gazelle in the game too
abellemorte

Unread post by abellemorte »

None of my rays have Nether Shock, and my Spirit Beasts don’t have Spirit Shock either.
Buggaboo
Realm: Aerie Peak - US

Unread post by Buggaboo »

Ayame is tamable on the PTR
ayame.png
ayame.png (2.77 MiB) Viewed 4545 times
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Anyone else having trouble getting into the PTR? I keep getting an error, #0 (0x851000000) assertion error. Don't have an active subscription, but I've made a PTR account in the past.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Kaydia
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Kaydia »

Lupis wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm Significantly hoping we see some sort of pass on cloud serpent tamability, yeah. It's tragic to see so many of the black cloud serpent options locked away by the Shan'ze Cloudrunners not being tamable yet.
There are plenty of tameable black cloud serpents.

The Onyx Stormclaw, Wild Onyx Serpent, Onyx Warserpent, and Huolon. The Onyx Stormclaw is probably the easiest to get. You just need to kill the Shan'ze Spiritbinder
next to it first.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Kaydia wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:11 pm
Lupis wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm Significantly hoping we see some sort of pass on cloud serpent tamability, yeah. It's tragic to see so many of the black cloud serpent options locked away by the Shan'ze Cloudrunners not being tamable yet.
There are plenty of tameable black cloud serpents.

The Onyx Stormclaw, Wild Onyx Serpent, Onyx Warserpent, and Huolon. The Onyx Stormclaw is probably the easiest to get. You just need to kill the Shan'ze Spiritbinder
next to it first.
Oh yes, I know! :D I love the regular onyx ones, but the Shan'ze ones have the very cool different "sheen" colors, so they're all Onyx but the shine on their scales are all different colors that you can't find anywhere else. I love them, and it makes them super unique, so I hope we see them tamable too!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

So, I saw this on WoW head about the newest "Spirit Beast" we'll get to tame when the PTR stuff is ready to go live. Makes sense, he definitely fits into that category :)

*** SPOILERS ***
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

abellemorte wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:43 pm None of my rays have Nether Shock, and my Spirit Beasts don’t have Spirit Shock either.
Many of the pet’s abilities are missing
Veronika

Unread post by Veronika »

Quiv wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 pm Didn't see this mentioned anywhere. In Exile's Reach, the quest "Meredy Huntswell rescued" spawns a beast called Bloodbeak. Its tameable currently, but taming it hard bugs the quest for everyone. A couple people have hit this quest and can't progress, its been about 15 minutes since taming.

Edit: I abandoned bloodbeak and the quest, and the event reset. Abandoning quest alone didn't despawn it, the event only despawned after I abandoned pet and quest. Odd.

Edit 2: I picked the quest back up, event respawned bugged again. Abandon quest, event despawned.

I mentioned it up top, I just logged out and than logging in next day it was fixed, not sure if it fixed it by logging out or not, just had to go to bed is all. On a Tauren the pets are entirely too small.
Ailuridae
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ailuridae »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, I haven't seen any mention of it, but as of right now on the PTR, Tsulong is tameable in his attackable black form and he retains his name!
Attachments
ptrtsulong.png
ptrtsulong.png (675.61 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:57 pm Wain, you make me sad because I know this giraffe/gazelle skin combo will never be in the game.
Who knows? :) They've done skin swaps on models in the past. For example a number of elite ravager colours only exist because skins were copied over from the regular ravager folder (at our suggestion). And the pink cloud serpent skin was only copied back because we kept its memory alive in our database for so many years. So it's always possible they'll copy those skins over :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Bloodbeak on Exile's Reach still does that thing where the quest can't be done for a while. I feel like a war criminal each time I tame it, but I do it for science.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Just makes me sad all these amazing cunning pets are essentially useless in pve. :( Cause you'd never take over a spirit beast purge + defensive, or a lust. I wish cunning had brez back or something.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Yeah, cunning is way overdue for a fix/overhaul. They're literally the wrong choice, and have been ever since the forced pet spec was implemented. Really, it should just be removed. Put Master's Call into all hunter specs as a baseline ability, and convert all cunning pets to either Ferocity or Tenacity. Mechanicals for example should be tenacity while serpents should be ferocity, for example. Cunning sacrifices all benefits for a snare removal, which is exceedingly lackluster. It's like bringing a Windwalker Monk to any content (poor WW Monks, BfA did you wrong).

Unrelated, but I'm (not) proud to report that Bloodbeak is still doing the tame bug on PTR. Buggy bird.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Goblinoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:06 pm
worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:30 pm I just found out on PTR that animal companion pets don’t fly, and my flying rylak which was an icewing also got patched, and I’m so sad, the flight was the only reason I tamed that specific npc, irewing also lost its flight
Try re-taming the originals as they fly. I leaned most companions stay grounded if you tame them grounded and vice versa.
I just checked a few minutes ago, and looks like they got patched, RIP Flying Rylak pets, twinbreath stalkers and icewing rylaks are not special anymore :cry: