Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Quiv wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:00 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:46 pm As for The Gargon training, I hope the undead Tome comes from a rare, I hope it’s not covenant tied, so I don’t have to switch from covenant to covenant, and I’m now super hyped for my Hairless bear to enter my stables
Same. Locking an entire sub-family of pets behind a Covenant would feel terrible. It makes sense it would come from Maldraxxus, and a rare drop would be perfectly fitting.
I am wondering if they’re going to change maldraxxus beasts to undead, if the source of the tome is hard or takes time, I hope they don’t switch they’re types, if the source of the tome is easy, I won’t mind
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Qraljar wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:30 pm
Bulletdance wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:26 pm I can confirm that the red grub still works fine in Shadowlands.
The MoP one? Same for the green one in that case.
Yes, sorry I took screenshots, but can't find where they are for the beta in my pc lol
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Speaking of undead beast i hope midnight from Return to karazhan will be tameable.

I would love to be her new owner and have her by my side
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Zoruaronan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:18 pm Speaking of undead beast i hope midnight from Return to karazhan will be tameable.

I would love to be her new owner and have her by my side
I hope undead horses will be tameable, because of the new courser family and the additions of undead beasts, there’s no reason to leave them out, midnight, the normal horses, and even old midnight should be tameable, the skeletal horse will be perfect with my forsaken SV hunter
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A screenshot of Rockbreaker. Sadly, he currently doesn't retain his name.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Thankfully the name can be put back in, what with the lack of spaces or special characters, but hopefully our guardian zookeeper Muffinus can right this wrong!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

This is the first xpac since... Cata? That I didn't get a beta invite.

So I'm jealous of the people able to track stuff on beta. I'm glad I can help a little with the PTR at least.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

worgpower wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:46 pm As for The Gargon training, I hope the undead Tome comes from a rare, I hope it’s not covenant tied, so I don’t have to switch from covenant to covenant, and I’m now super hyped for my Hairless bear to enter my stables
Same. Locking an entire sub-family of pets behind a Covenant would feel terrible. It makes sense it would come from Maldraxxus, and a rare drop would be perfectly fitting.
I do worry because the Gargon tome was a green quality item, but the undead tome is blue. It might mean nothing, but if they were both gained in a similar fashion I would expect them to be the same quality. The cloud serpent tome was blue, and that ended up being a rep item. Hmmm...
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:36 pm
I do worry because the Gargon tome was a green quality item, but the undead tome is blue. It might mean nothing, but if they were both gained in a similar fashion I would expect them to be the same quality. The cloud serpent tome was blue, and that ended up being a rep item. Hmmm...
Colors of skills of family
Green-mech family, gargon model
Blue-cloud serpents, blood beast family, undead models, direhorn family
Purple-feathermane family
Strange how they have the same use but different colors
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I would hope undead taming isn't Maldraxxus covenant-only, if it's something Forsaken hunters get as a freebie. Would be rather unprecedented and kind of shitty.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Definitely. Locking any pet family behind a covenant, when by design it's extremely hard to switch back and forth from covenants, would not be okay.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Anyone know if Fetid Devourer is tameable now? Its the one pet i`ve been holding my breath the most for since they announced undead pets.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Krauth wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:18 pm Anyone know if Fetid Devourer is tameable now? Its the one pet i`ve been holding my breath the most for since they announced undead pets.
Currently he is not, and he most likely will not be until the xpac after SL, unfortunately.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It currently isn't. It's also a bit too early, if you consider raid boss pets. For example, we didn't get to tame Ji-Kun (MoP) until BfA. Earliest tameable raid boss, excluding classic, was two expansions later. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was Thok.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:25 pm
Krauth wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:18 pm Anyone know if Fetid Devourer is tameable now? Its the one pet i`ve been holding my breath the most for since they announced undead pets.
Currently he is not, and he most likely will not be until the xpac after SL, unfortunately.
Oh, whys that? Thought boss tames were pretty common these days, is he an aberration? Was hoping hed be tagged as undead =(
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Out of curiosity, I did some very scientific Freckles... um, science. I camped it for a couple hours and tame/abandoned on PTR until I saw every known color. I did kill once, no loot. Side note: He is right next to Lucktail's island spawn point, who gave me a good spookin' a couple of times as questers came through. Anyway, to the scientific science!

Respawn: My average spawn time was reliably 6-8 minutes, although I saw a couple respawns between 5-6 minutes. Never over 8 minutes. Still better than Madexx, but I can see it being pretty maddening.

Color cycle: It took 27 spawns before I saw all 10 known colors, but your mileage will vary. I only saw the 10 known colors, no new ones. I didn't notice any discernible color spawn pattern, seemed random.

Here are the color result totals:

Black: 2
Brown, white spots, shaggy mane: 4
Brown, white spots, short mane: 5
Black, white spots, shaggy mane: 1
Black, white spots, short mane: 1
White, long mane: 1
White, short mane: 3
Brown, short mane: 3
Gray, shaggy mane: 2
Gray, short mane (donkey): 5
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So it's a random spawn instead of a pattern, great. Fully expected, but still. Can't wait to waste several hours finding my donkey skin. Thanks for the science.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's why the respawn needs to be reduced to a minute. It is bad enough if it is just you farming. It'll be a lot worse when you are competing with others.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's okay, I'll just go to a dead server with warmode on, assuming Blizzard doesn't merge all the good (dead) servers before then. Jokes aside though, I wonder how many people will be crowding Freckles' spawn point on day one. Debating on logging in there when it's live, just to see how crowded it is for the day.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Krauth wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:40 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:25 pm
Oh, whys that? Thought boss tames were pretty common these days, is he an aberration? Was hoping hed be tagged as undead =(
Muffinus has told us their rule is 2 expansions after.