Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

This beautiful, spectral manaray is the Anima-Gorged Feaster. It's found on the fragmented realm of Shattered Grove, which is reached via a quest in Maldraxxus. I'm unsure if you can ever go back there once you've completed it, so if you want one you may need to tame it while you have the chance!
AnimaGorgedFeaster1.png
AnimaGorgedFeaster1.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4813 times
AnimaGorgedFeaster2.png
AnimaGorgedFeaster2.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 4813 times
It's a beast, not undead. The sparkly coating is quite lovely. I could only do a rough approximation of it for our database:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... e-spectral
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Is it part of the covenant quests, or just a normal quest? Pretty neat otherwise. Not my jam since the solid blue one is my boy, but this is still a nice addition.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:52 pm Is it part of the covenant quests, or just a normal quest? Pretty neat otherwise. Not my jam since the solid blue one is my boy, but this is still a nice addition.
It is a normal quest.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:34 pm This beautiful, spectral manaray is the Anima-Gorged Feaster. It's found on the fragmented realm of Shattered Grove, which is reached via a quest in Maldraxxus. I'm unsure if you can ever go back there once you've completed it, so if you want one you may need to tame it while you have the chance!

AnimaGorgedFeaster1.png AnimaGorgedFeaster2.png

It's a beast, not undead. The sparkly coating is quite lovely. I could only do a rough approximation of it for our database:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... e-spectral
Looks cool, but I wish we can have that dark brown mana ray which hasn’t been used, I’ll probably tame it during the quest, but people can probably ask for party syncs if you completed the quest
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Dude I love that spectral mana ray! The colors go so well with the transparency and Ardenweald!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:17 pm Looks cool, but I wish we can have that dark brown mana ray which hasn’t been used, I’ll probably tame it during the quest, but people can probably ask for party syncs if you completed the quest
As far as I know, the only two unused are the orange and the black & white. I could suggest they be used somewhere and hope :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I’m still praying for tameable wicker bears and cats, SL seems like the best Xpac to add them as pets, and I’m hoping skeletal horses also become tameable, and I know that green eyed black tauralus is waiting in maldraxxus for me
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Raigonn (green Kunchong) is still functionally untameable as of this latest PTR/beta build.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The armored tauralus' are now tamable.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nothing I can see so far with regards to offering any new Cloud Serpent skins.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I’m still waiting for the phalynx fix, I really can’t wait to tame one, but not like that, gross, I hope Blizz can fix it already
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Riverfall Crystalback is now tamable

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Here's hoping with all the other creatures getting the 'taming' switch thrown, they'll get around to fixing the older models before the patch drops!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Kurasu wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 pm Here's hoping with all the other creatures getting the 'taming' switch thrown, they'll get around to fixing the older models before the patch drops!
It is possible that they don't know exactly what is wrong. After all, not everything in a raid or dungeon is not tamable. Only some things.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I don't have access to my main computer with the ptr right now. I know it's a long shot, but can someone check the plant hydras in Draenor after this patch hit? I was on wowhead, checking the tameable tag, and prior to today, those plant hydras didn't show up there when searching tameable hydras from WoD. They do now though, which triggered my hopefulness again. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment again, but still.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:43 pm I don't have access to my main computer with the ptr right now. I know it's a long shot, but can someone check the plant hydras in Draenor after this patch hit? I was on wowhead, checking the tameable tag, and prior to today, those plant hydras didn't show up there when searching tameable hydras from WoD. They do now though, which triggered my hopefulness again. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment again, but still.
Which Hydras specifically are listed now as tamable?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:46 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:43 pm I don't have access to my main computer with the ptr right now. I know it's a long shot, but can someone check the plant hydras in Draenor after this patch hit? I was on wowhead, checking the tameable tag, and prior to today, those plant hydras didn't show up there when searching tameable hydras from WoD. They do now though, which triggered my hopefulness again. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment again, but still.
Which Hydras specifically are listed now as tamable?
I've always secretly hoped that one day they'll add Botani as an allied race and so feel compelled to add plant creatures to our list of tameables. But it seems unlikely for it to be intended at this stage. Cross fingers though :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=52:39;68:6;0:0
All of the ones with "Mandragora" in their name are listed, even one I didn't know existed.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

On a somewhat side-note. I hope the Darkshore sabers (mounts and pets) get the new druid cat form run animation. They look a lot better. Priestess' Moonsaber has it too, but not the Umber Nightsaber or Kaldorei Nightsaber mounts. Not the tameable pets either.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Taming Bloodbeak in Exile's Reach no longer bugs the encounter. You can simply talk to the NPC to restart it. Yay for cool pets in the starter area!