Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
User avatar
worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:57 pm
Realm: Gurubashi
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Qraljar wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:50 pm
On a somewhat side-note. I hope the Darkshore sabers (mounts and pets) get the new druid cat form run animation. They look a lot better. Priestess' Moonsaber has it too, but not the Umber Nightsaber or Kaldorei Nightsaber mounts. Not the tameable pets either.
we need it on all cats, panthara specifically, and also the robot tigers, marsuul(not cats)

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 pm
Realm: Too many, all NA
Gender: Electon Microscope

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Quiv wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 pm
Taming Bloodbeak in Exile's Reach no longer bugs the encounter. You can simply talk to the NPC to restart it. Yay for cool pets in the starter area!
Neat. Was it a unique skin, or no? Either way, a roc by level 10 is a sweet thing. Such primal birds.

Image

Crawgs are the best hunter pet. Prove me wrong.
Oh wait...you can't!

ImageImageImage
Name the game these characters are from, and I'll be amazed.


User avatar
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:53 am
Realm: Shattered-Hand
Gender: Male

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Krauth » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Valnaaros wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:18 pm
The armored tauralus' are now tamable.

Image
SO nice!

btw the quest cut to the bone was fixt, saw you were having same issues i had.
Tyranny is selling endgame stuff, check it out!

https://tyranny-guild.com/tyranny/shop/

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Posts: 4456
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Good to know. Thanks Krauth!

Baedos is now tamable. Makes stomping noises as he runs.

Image

User avatar
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2975
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)
Gender: Dood

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Quiv » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:08 pm

WerebearGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:53 pm
Quiv wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 pm
Taming Bloodbeak in Exile's Reach no longer bugs the encounter. You can simply talk to the NPC to restart it. Yay for cool pets in the starter area!
Neat. Was it a unique skin, or no? Either way, a roc by level 10 is a sweet thing. Such primal birds.
Not unique, uses this Dread Roc skin: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=roc_orange

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 pm
Realm: Too many, all NA
Gender: Electon Microscope

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Gotcha. I couldn't remember as it's been a while since I made people angr-I mean tested it myself.

Image

Crawgs are the best hunter pet. Prove me wrong.
Oh wait...you can't!

ImageImageImage
Name the game these characters are from, and I'll be amazed.


User avatar
worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:57 pm
Realm: Gurubashi
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:32 pm

WerebearGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:10 pm
Gotcha. I couldn't remember as it's been a while since I made people angr-I mean tested it myself.
I did the same, had to apologize on the General chat and report it to blizz

User avatar
worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:57 pm
Realm: Gurubashi
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm

WerebearGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 pm
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=52:39;68:6;0:0
All of the ones with "Mandragora" in their name are listed, even one I didn't know existed.
I just checked wowhead, that’s crazy, I hope we can actually tame them, whether it’s a skill or not, hopefully we can get wicker bears and cats soon enough, been wanting one since I first saw them in BFA

User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2039
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:39 pm

worgpower wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm
WerebearGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 pm
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=52:39;68:6;0:0
All of the ones with "Mandragora" in their name are listed, even one I didn't know existed.
I just checked wowhead, that’s crazy, I hope we can actually tame them, whether it’s a skill or not, hopefully we can get wicker bears and cats soon enough, been wanting one since I first saw them in BFA
Wicker beasts would fit so well as a skill tame from Ardenweald.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

User avatar
worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:57 pm
Realm: Gurubashi
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Qraljar wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:39 pm
worgpower wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm
WerebearGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 pm
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=52:39;68:6;0:0
All of the ones with "Mandragora" in their name are listed, even one I didn't know existed.
I just checked wowhead, that’s crazy, I hope we can actually tame them, whether it’s a skill or not, hopefully we can get wicker bears and cats soon enough, been wanting one since I first saw them in BFA
Wicker beasts would fit so well as a skill tame from Ardenweald.
For sure, just checked the mandragora, can’t be tamed due to its classification

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 12636
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:53 pm

Milau, in the original phase of the Vale, is also now tameable, so that's one more colour of thundering cloud serpent :)
Milau.png
Milau.png (2.04 MiB) Viewed 1375 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:55 pm
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Talihawk » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:56 pm

Yay for Milau!! Need colooored noodles!

User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2039
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Cool. Really hope they find a way to give us at least all the base colors and slowly work in the other remaining ones over time.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Nagathia1
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:22 pm
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Nagathia1 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:25 pm

Has anyone checked the Grand Wyverns? Been waiting for this model ever since we got their griffin equivalents. :) This model: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=elitewyvern

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Posts: 4456
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 pm

Nagathia1 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:25 pm
Has anyone checked the Grand Wyverns? Been waiting for this model ever since we got their griffin equivalents. :) This model: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=elitewyvern
I checked a couple of hours ago. Still untamable, unfortunately :(

User avatar
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2532
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Gender: Male with both gender toons
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Kurasu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:49 am

Likewise with the gryphons in Gilneas. :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!

Aroim
Pet Finder
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:17 am

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Aroim » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:50 am

donkey for the alliance!
Image

User avatar
worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:57 pm
Realm: Gurubashi
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:39 am

Aroim wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:50 am
donkey for the alliance!
Image
Looks like freckles got another look added to the npc

User avatar
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 9:56 pm
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg
Gender: Female
Location: California

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Bambu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Hunting Worgs and Barrow Spider(ling)s on Exile's Reach are now also tameable. Will post pics later. Still need to check on the previously untameable black boars in the ogre pens.

EDIT: They also seem to have added goats and porcupines to the area north of the Quilboars near the mountains, meaning you don't need to run back if you wanna tame multiple. Unless those were already there and I missed them previous playthroughs?

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 pm
Realm: Too many, all NA
Gender: Electon Microscope

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Weren't those already tameable? At least on PTR, they were when I tried it unless I'm having a brain malfunction. As for the goats and porcupines, they were up there before, just not as numerous as prior to the quillboars.

Image

Crawgs are the best hunter pet. Prove me wrong.
Oh wait...you can't!

ImageImageImage
Name the game these characters are from, and I'll be amazed.


Post Reply