Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm
worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:36 pm So i went in the mount journal and noticed that the flayedwing mounts have different wing colors on one black skin
Edit-their underbellies also match the wing's colors
I'm fairly sure you're just looking at three skin colours there: "black", dark brown, and purple. They are kind of similar in certain light.
the purple skin is much lighter, or maybe it’s just a bug and Blizz probably mistakenly added black as the base, so your probably right, but if it stays, then Idk what to say
Edit-made a suggestion thread on pet discussion cuz it’s not shadowlands, kinda is revolving ideas for pets on the website
Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Wamo »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:03 pm Small note for folks who're going to level pandas in Shadowlands for those two uniquely-named pets; you can't use battle pet quests for extra exp. "Account" quests can't be turned in on neutral characters. RIP my sanity when leveling my new panda in Shadowlands for Zhao-ren and Guardian.
Couldn't you start levelling now to make it easier?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 pm
Wain wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm
worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:36 pm So i went in the mount journal and noticed that the flayedwing mounts have different wing colors on one black skin
Edit-their underbellies also match the wing's colors
I'm fairly sure you're just looking at three skin colours there: "black", dark brown, and purple. They are kind of similar in certain light.
the purple skin is much lighter, or maybe it’s just a bug and Blizz probably mistakenly added black as the base, so your probably right, but if it stays, then Idk what to say
Edit-made a suggestion thread on pet discussion cuz it’s not shadowlands, kinda is revolving ideas for pets on the website
I had a look and it looks like the model is bugged and handling textures badly. I'm not sure when it began, but they seem to be overlapping.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Anaua in Uldum can now be tamed, but like the other Suntouched Falcons, they incorrectly lose the glow when tamed. Lame. Keeps its name when tamed at least.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:12 pm Anaua in Uldum can now be tamed, but like the other Suntouched Falcons, they incorrectly lose the glow when tamed. Lame. Keeps its name when tamed at least.
From what I can tell, the following are the only ones that were made tamable are the following: Tat, Senbu, Vilebone, Marsh Anaconda, Aqir Hive Guardian, Yogursa, Blackpaw (Alliance version), Ekashim, Tia'Kawan, The Sand Queen, and the last untamable Voidstalker.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I am praying and dreaming for a skeletal horse for my forsaken SV hunter, they’re undead just like any other undead beasts, and I still don’t know why it’s untameable
Edit-I maxed the SV hunter to 120 and I’m speechless, it was not meant to be max level now, but whatever, I guess I can theme my forsaken hunter earlier :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:28 pm I am praying and dreaming for a skeletal horse for my forsaken SV hunter, they’re undead just like any other undead beasts, and I still don’t know why it’s untameable
Edit-I maxed the SV hunter to 120 and I’m speechless, it was not meant to be max level now, but whatever, I guess I can theme my forsaken hunter earlier :)
The WoW Devs, including Muffinus, are very busy with getting SL and the Prepatch ready. Since new Hunter pets are, in reality, a rather low priority compared to everything else, nothing else has been made tamable yet. I am hoping that there will be one last taming pass done, but I am not holding my breath. I am very grateful for what has been done for us :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:17 am Hunter Trainers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26339&p=619468#p619468
Fancy.

For those going after The Slumbering Emperor when SL goes live for the name or any other reason, btw, bring a worm pet. Use Eyes of the Beast, bring the worm to where the marker for the emperor is, then use Burrow Attack. (If you're using 2 pets, I suggest putting them on passive so that your second pet doesnt pull off your worm and make it hard to pull it back.)

MUCH more reliable than any other method I've heard of people using.

(He spawns *invisible* in a ginormous cloud of gas that will put you to sleep and port you away. Other methods are to aim a flare directly at him, (which is difficult to do with distance) or tossing a freezing trap (as suggested on https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... nweald_red, but that's just as difficult as the flare), or using a new toy in Shadowlands, which makes you do damage to enemies around you and become a slime.

After trying both for an hour with no luck, I tried eyes of the beast with a worm out of random chance and managed to pull it on first try. Repeated it a few times to check. It isn't a unique skin to my knowledge, but it retains the name after taming.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Maizou wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:25 am
Wain wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:17 am Hunter Trainers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26339&p=619468#p619468
Fancy.

For those going after The Slumbering Emperor when SL goes live for the name or any other reason, btw, bring a worm pet. Use Eyes of the Beast, bring the worm to where the marker for the emperor is, then use Burrow Attack. (If you're using 2 pets, I suggest putting them on passive so that your second pet doesnt pull off your worm and make it hard to pull it back.)

MUCH more reliable than any other method I've heard of people using.

(He spawns *invisible* in a ginormous cloud of gas that will put you to sleep and port you away. Other methods are to aim a flare directly at him, (which is difficult to do with distance) or tossing a freezing trap (as suggested on https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... nweald_red, but that's just as difficult as the flare), or using a new toy in Shadowlands, which makes you do damage to enemies around you and become a slime.

After trying both for an hour with no luck, I tried eyes of the beast with a worm out of random chance and managed to pull it on first try. Repeated it a few times to check. It isn't a unique skin to my knowledge, but it retains the name after taming.

If you don't have a worm with you, you can simply attack a mob in the area with your pet, send the pet in with the mob and use multishot :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:16 am
worgpower wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:28 pm I am praying and dreaming for a skeletal horse for my forsaken SV hunter, they’re undead just like any other undead beasts, and I still don’t know why it’s untameable
The WoW Devs, including Muffinus, are very busy with getting SL and the Prepatch ready. Since new Hunter pets are, in reality, a rather low priority compared to everything else, nothing else has been made tamable yet. I am hoping that there will be one last taming pass done, but I am not holding my breath. I am very grateful for what has been done for us :)
Still grateful, im super excited for prepatch no matter how many tameables there will be, gotta be ready for the quest lines and the icecrown content
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Does anyone know what type of creature the priest’s spell shadowfiend is without its shadow effects(not referring to sha) they look so beast like, they could be potential pets for idk what family they would fit in, I’ve been curious to know what type of aberration they are
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They're always abberations or unclassified. They grow from larvae though, so they're definitely bestial in some ways. They're essentially blood beasts since they're parasites, too.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:52 pm They're always abberations or unclassified. They grow from larvae though, so they're definitely bestial in some ways. They're essentially blood beasts since they're parasites, too.
I would look at them as blood beasts, but the thing holding me back is that the blood beast family is only restricted to blood magic and blood god work, we need some new family to fit them and something else related to them, back on topic, I’ve been checking everyday because im excited since all the new beasts were datamined, and I’m mostly excited to play an expansion to tame new awesome pets, and then get excited for content, then pets, where is my tauralus, it’s been waiting for me, #blizzardgivememytauralus
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thus far I haven't seen any changes or anything new in the latest PTR build.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Likewise. I checked all the instances we all keep checking (as well as the mandragoras because I keep dreaming), but nothing has been fixed yet. Hope they fix this before live, because there's really no reason for the bug to begin with. Anzu was fixed, so these should too.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I hope for fixes and new additions, but at this point I am doubtful that anything more is going to be done. Next week is likely to be the last build before 9.0.1 launches, and Blizz honestly has more important things to take care of and fix than the tamability of certain pets.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 pm I hope for fixes and new additions, but at this point I am doubtful that anything more is going to be done. Next week is likely to be the last build before 9.0.1 launches, and Blizz honestly has more important things to take care of and fix than the tamability of certain pets.
Well, the only thing I think needs to be implemented is the skeletal horses, everything else so far is good, maybe a color addition to a few creatures, sure, but it’s not a big deal to have a unused look, Blizz can add stuff whenever they’re free and whenever they want
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Has anyone checked the honored raptors in King's Rest? They are classified as Undead but they've got a neat glow like the Legion purple hippagrphs.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wowhead may be trolling us, or it could be a change we've wanted.
https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175 ... -matriarch

EDIT: Also a few more beasts, some obviously wrongly classified. https://www.wowhead.com/news=318046/pos ... -slime-cat
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.