Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

I wish the ravenous shade was also changed to retain its spectral look, I wish the hyena skeleton hellhounds have more variation, so I hope some day they’ll let us tame it with the fade
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Wain wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:26 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:22 am
This specific skin just won't show up anywhere. and the Mawsworn Seeker that's supposedly in Cocyrus is not there. I gave up trying to find the Assassin version because it's ALWAYS one of three annoying dudes rather than the beast. Other than Lor and Ventun, I don't think this look is actually available outside of that first quest where you go into Skoldus. I actually spent half an hour in Skoldus Halls, letting Mawsworn Seekers spawn, and they always spawned as the grey tone. Next Beastwarrens with the correct enemies is on Tuesday, so I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled, but as far as I can tell, this skin isn't available if you miss Lor and Ventun. Someone needs to prove me wrong, because I want all three skins.
You're right that the Mawsworn Seeker inside Torghast is the grey one. Sorry. I fixed that.

But the ones in the open Maw area (Cocyrus) are definitely light. In fact I've seen them recently. What phase are you in? I'm wondering if some quest is blocking them. :/
I've completed every yellow quest up to what's available when Ve'nari is Ambivalent. I'm almost at the next rep rank. I'm 100% caught up on main story content. The only beasts in the Cocyrus area are Ravenous Shade (the ghostly skeletal dogs that INCORRECTLY lose their ghost look when tamed), Obedient Shadehound (black color only), and the mountable Bridled Shadehound (pale color, but friendly).
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=15620
This NPC is not in the game any more. The quest associated with it is not offered anymore. It was back in classic WoW, but has since been gone for years.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Skittering Broodmother, a named purple Mawrat, is tameable. Currently says it's not on Petopia, but it's definitely tameable. It's only a rare, and it is not an elite, so its level isn't a factor for max level players. Keeps her name when tamed, too.

My favorite Mawrat color too, so this one makes me happy.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I've been studying things related to that pale Shadehound skin, and WoWhead only shows one NPC with that skin out of the five that are listed on Petopia. The Mawsworn Seeker in Cocyrus is the only one with that skin, according to Wowhead's model viewer. I know the ones in the Beastwarrens won't spawn until next reset (or halfway into the next week, whatever the timer is), but Wowhead's model viewer hasn't been wrong so far with confirming skins. Compare the model viewer for these five;

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=164424/mawsworn-seeker
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=161763/assassin (I've never seen this one spawn)
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=166934/lor-the-loyal
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=166933/ventun-the-ravenous
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=160785/shad ... irithunter
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

@Maizou The raven is currently included on a list of beasts that will suggested to be made tamable. It was added a couple months or so in the Beta, and I kept an eye on it during that time. Unfortunately, was never made tamable. Hopefully, it can be made tamable in 9.1.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:07 pm https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=15620
This NPC is not in the game any more. The quest associated with it is not offered anymore. It was back in classic WoW, but has since been gone for years.
Fixing now, thanks!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:17 pm Skittering Broodmother, a named purple Mawrat, is tameable. Currently says it's not on Petopia, but it's definitely tameable. It's only a rare, and it is not an elite, so its level isn't a factor for max level players. Keeps her name when tamed, too.

My favorite Mawrat color too, so this one makes me happy.
Well, that's odd! She couldn't be tamed because she was level 62 elite. They must have removed her elite status, making her tameable. Awesome! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:55 pm I've completed every yellow quest up to what's available when Ve'nari is Ambivalent. I'm almost at the next rep rank. I'm 100% caught up on main story content. The only beasts in the Cocyrus area are Ravenous Shade (the ghostly skeletal dogs that INCORRECTLY lose their ghost look when tamed), Obedient Shadehound (black color only), and the mountable Bridled Shadehound (pale color, but friendly).
Actually, I think you may be right. Either they were removed late in the Beta (they do have loot tables on Wowhead), or they're just in a specific quest phase. Their level range suggests it's not the intro.

Is there anyone up to the stage where you save Darion from that Cocyrus area? I don't remember what was around the cave.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:11 am @Maizou The raven is currently included on a list of beasts that will suggested to be made tamable. It was added a couple months or so in the Beta, and I kept an eye on it during that time. Unfortunately, was never made tamable. Hopefully, it can be made tamable in 9.1.
Was more pointing out it's missing from the Carrion Bird page, as an untameable look. :P
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maizou wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:17 am
Valnaaros wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:11 am @Maizou The raven is currently included on a list of beasts that will suggested to be made tamable. It was added a couple months or so in the Beta, and I kept an eye on it during that time. Unfortunately, was never made tamable. Hopefully, it can be made tamable in 9.1.
Was more pointing out it's missing from the Carrion Bird page, as an untameable look. :P
This is due to it being a new model, so a new image for it has to be made by Wain for the main site. Due to other things taking priority, and the bird (and other things) not being tamable yet, this has been given a low priority.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Shadehound hunt is up on NA, so the obvious thing to do is to check every single shadehound for that pale look. Guess what? None have the pale look. The only one there that was listed as pale, Shadehound Spirithunter, uses the grey skin. Until someone proves me otherwise, it would seem that the pale skin is actually not implemented. My reasoning;

- Mawsworn Seeker - Not found during any story phase of Torghast that I've seen (I leveled an alt demon hunter through story, checked the areas and only saw black and grey)
- Assassin - NEVER spawns. I raised an entire Jailer tier killing only assassins by hitting the rocks that souls hide in. Not one tameable mob.
- Lor the Loyal - Grey skin, not pale.
- Shadehound Spirithunter - As stated above, it's grey and not pale.
- Ventun the Ravenous - Same as Lor.

If someone can prove me wrong, PLEASE do so. This is the skin I want the most, but it's just not available wherever I check.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:07 am Shadehound hunt is up on NA, so the obvious thing to do is to check every single shadehound for that pale look. Guess what? None have the pale look. The only one there that was listed as pale, Shadehound Spirithunter, uses the grey skin. Until someone proves me otherwise, it would seem that the pale skin is actually not implemented. My reasoning;

- Mawsworn Seeker - Not found during any story phase of Torghast that I've seen (I leveled an alt demon hunter through story, checked the areas and only saw black and grey)
- Assassin - NEVER spawns. I raised an entire Jailer tier killing only assassins by hitting the rocks that souls hide in. Not one tameable mob.
- Lor the Loyal - Grey skin, not pale.
- Shadehound Spirithunter - As stated above, it's grey and not pale.
- Ventun the Ravenous - Same as Lor.

If someone can prove me wrong, PLEASE do so. This is the skin I want the most, but it's just not available wherever I check.
I’ve checked wowhead and I know it’s not 100% accurate, but every npc listed on petopia is the grey one, I can tell since the grey is greenish, it seems to be bugged or unused, I’ll probably also try to look for one, and let you know where I found it
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hrm, something screwy is going on with mawhounds :(

I definitely have a pale one that I tamed in the Shadowlands starting phase. It was the really gigantic one that patrolled an open area near the Tremaculum, I forget the name but I'll try to find it. As for the rest, it appears skins have been switched around :( They'll all need to be checked manually to confirm.
Klanka.png
Klanka.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 3745 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I couldn't find the large ones when I sent my alt through the maw. Like, I know which one you're talking about, but there were none around. I'll have to find someone to party sync with so I can take my hunter back to that phase, but I legit did not see any of the big ones. I remember them from the beta though.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:00 pm I couldn't find the large ones when I sent my alt through the maw. Like, I know which one you're talking about, but there were none around. I'll have to find someone to party sync with so I can take my hunter back to that phase, but I legit did not see any of the big ones. I remember them from the beta though.
They were definitely there recently, but there seems to be only one at a time. You also might have to distract your NPC companions with other trash while you run off to tame it.

I didn’t know you could quest sync back to the starting experience. That’s awesome.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Well, I don't have any proof that it DOES work that way. Haven't found anyone willing to try it. Feels bad.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Aroim and I are trying things, and so far, the only colors we've seen that are tameable are black and grey. Aroim found a pale one in the intro scenario next to the bridge towards Perdition Hold, but it is level 55 and untameable as a result (maybe if someone leveled up in that version of the Maw...?). The Gargantuan Seeker (the gigantic one that absolutely WAS pale on beta) only spawns grey. I'm fiddling around with Shadehound Spirithunters, taming them over and over in the hopes that they're able to rarely spawn as pale, but I doubt they're like the Aqir. Someone would've said so by now if they were.

Your pale one though; can you post a picture of the supposed pale one from the stable screen instead? Aroim and I somewhat question the paleness since neither of us have found a tameable pale, as well as my observations of the lighting in various areas. For example, here's a picture of the black and grey ones in Oribos. The grey one looks pale because of the bright lighting coming from the center of the room. I couldn't find the same spot you were in, but I figured what sort of position you had, to an extent.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121620_210559.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121620_210559.jpg (366.05 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 pm Your pale one though; can you post a picture of the supposed pale one from the stable screen instead? Aroim and I somewhat question the paleness since neither of us have found a tameable pale, as well as my observations of the lighting in various areas. For example, here's a picture of the black and grey ones in Oribos. The grey one looks pale because of the bright lighting coming from the center of the room. I couldn't find the same spot you were in, but I figured what sort of position you had, to an extent.
You're right, I think it's just grey afterall :/

Also, this is insane, but when I brought it out and went to dismiss it just now, apparently I abandoned it instead. I'll have to open a ticket to get it back :P

So, it really is looking like there are no available pale soulseekers. They must have changed them late. I wonder why they did this :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The only thing I can think of in this case, if Aroim's investigation later into the two named ones end up being grey as well, is that we kick and scream for Muffinus to add a rare somewhere with the pale skin!

Also a plug for plant hydras!