Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Bambu »

Kalasta wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 pm "Just like in life, keep those companions around you with that same energy."😁
I love this pic so gosh dang much. <3
Skelelmyrn
Realm: Bloodhoof and Uther

Unread post by Skelelmyrn »

Is it just me, or have many Exotic passive been removed\disappeared in the patch? So far, I have noticed Aquiri's Dune Strider, Pterrodaxes Updraft, and Shale Beast's anti magic defensive missing. Does anyone know if this is intended or a bug? I submitted a bug report about it just in case.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Not only you, it felt like a problem for me that some of the exotics are not there making a few of the exotics like clefthooves and core hounds more pointless than they were in BFA, I hope it’s only a bug, but I still get the defense from the shale worm, I haven’t looked too much into these things, but I did see missing dune strider and updraft (pterrordaxes)
Skelelmyrn

worgpower wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:32 am Not only you, it felt like a problem for me that some of the exotics are not there making a few of the exotics like clefthooves and core hounds more pointless than they were in BFA, I hope it’s only a bug, but I still get the defense from the shale worm, I haven’t looked too much into these things, but I did see missing dune strider and updraft (pterrordaxes)
It could be that the passives are still active but just not showing up in the spell book, which might be a bug. The Updraft missing is a bigger deal, though I would like it if Pterrodaxes had a unique Exotic ability that wasn't a replication of Feathermanes.
Skelelmyrn

So I tried taming the Aqir Bonecrushers in Visions of Ogrimmar. While Beast Lore says they are tameable, I received the error message Cannot Be Tamed when I attempted to tame one.😞So either they are bugged (no pun intended!) or they aren't meant to be tamed. I think they are, since a taming pass was done on the Visions and not every beast was made tameable (Misha and the void boars are all untameable).

There is also a unique saddled scorpion in the Visions (Tormented Kor'kron Annihilator) that I did not Beast Lore this time around.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The saddled scorpid is not tamable. And as was mentioned in the other thread, this is a known bug with many beasts found in instances.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The black stitched dreadhound is available again. Those who align with the Necrolords can make an item called Construct's Best Friend, which allows them to summon a stitched dreadhound named Stitch. He is initially a guardian, but you can talk to him and choose to release him, which makes him into a neutral NPC that you can then tame.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:36 pm The black stitched dreadhound is available again. Those who align with the Necrolords can make an item called Construct's Best Friend, which allows them to summon a stitched dreadhound named Stitch. He is initially a guardian, but you can talk to him and choose to release him, which makes him into a neutral NPC that you can then tame.
Good thing I planned on making my forsaken necro, I’m getting this dog and I’m probably going to name it frakenlion or something since darkhounds have large manes
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:36 pm The black stitched dreadhound is available again. Those who align with the Necrolords can make an item called Construct's Best Friend, which allows them to summon a stitched dreadhound named Stitch. He is initially a guardian, but you can talk to him and choose to release him, which makes him into a neutral NPC that you can then tame.
That's still cool, albeit frustrating it's Covenant linked. Are non-Covenant players able to see it and tame it?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:26 pm
That's still cool, albeit frustrating it's Covenant linked. Are non-Covenant players able to see it and tame it?
That I don't know. My information is based on the comment of someone on Wowhead.
Zagnutjones

Unread post by Zagnutjones »

Does anyone know if the nightmare spiders from emerald nightmare are finally confirmed tameable?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Zagnutjones wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:08 pm Does anyone know if the nightmare spiders from emerald nightmare are finally confirmed tameable?
They’re still bugged, if they get fixed, someone will eventually show a picture of it tamed
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Bambu wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:33 pm
Kalasta wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 pm "Just like in life, keep those companions around you with that same energy."😁
I love this pic so gosh dang much. <3
Thanks. :D

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

I made a worgen and went through the starting zone to tame a horse there, and...
tiny horse.png
tiny horse.png (590.55 KiB) Viewed 7249 times
Wow. Hilariously small.

I hope he doesn't get much bigger as I level, because this is funny as hell.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Wow. My horses didn't shrink that much. Heheh It's a My Little Pony!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Level 10 pets are DELIGHTFULLY tiny, I've noticed. I'm not sure if it's a change or not but I've been loving seeing them grow with levels! Something about the 1-50 leveling system makes them growing up feel much better paced.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lupis wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:07 am Level 10 pets are DELIGHTFULLY tiny, I've noticed. I'm not sure if it's a change or not but I've been loving seeing them grow with levels! Something about the 1-50 leveling system makes them growing up feel much better paced.
Before Cata, they used to be small when tamed then grows over time when you level and keep it happy, I started playing wow in cata and it still had the happy meter, then I noticed that they removed it
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've started adding a few Petopians to a new, green, "Pet Finder" rank: for those that are most prolific in finding and testing new pets. But I've probably missed people. If you want to nominate someone for their contributions to new pet finding and testing, including yourself, please let me know :)

Also, if you've received this rank and don't like being green, you can easily switch to your other ranks in your User Control Panel: go to your name menu in the top right to select the control panel, then go to the "Usergroups" tab and select another rank you belong to.
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Zagnutjones wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:08 pm Does anyone know if the nightmare spiders from emerald nightmare are finally confirmed tameable?
They're affected by the Instance Taming Bug that's preventing quite a few beasts from being tamed. As the bug's name suggests, it's beasts in instanced content, like dungeons, raids, scenarios, and island expeditions. Sometimes it depends on the difficulty level, though that's usually the case in dungeons. There's been a lot of bug reports submitted about it since July when we first noticed it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Forsaken Bonechewers can be tamed by Forsaken hunters using the N'lyeth toy. They're only present when there's an assault in Drustvar and they're located on the Horde airship.

They're not a unique look and they don't have a special name, I was just happy to finally track them down and test them, as they were the last N'lyeth tame candidate I needed to test. I'm going to add a page that lists all known creatures that can be tamed using the toy, including whether they have unique looks and whether they're already tameable by one faction without the toy.

ForsakenBonechewer1.png
ForsakenBonechewer1.png (2.69 MiB) Viewed 6882 times