Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Inay »

They're tameable! (Crucible Seeker, Shadowlands intro scenario)
Currently classified as dogs.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Damn, we got lots of bear hounds this xpac
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I could only find two soulseeker types in there that were tameable, and just that one colour. They are very nice, though :)
Soulseeker2.png
Soulseeker2.png (573.33 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
There was one untameable one with the mid-grey colour.

The only mawrats (all teal-grey) were sadly undead.

I didn't see any maw roaches, but I plan tot go back in and explore more. Unfortunately the quest made me escape the Maw and I can't get back on that character.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

After I saw the trailer, I never expected the soulseekers to be tameable because they’re constructs, but now I’m hyped for it
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

This is an amazing find Wain! I realllly hope they stay tameable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope for the same, and I would pay to have a pet winged Shadow beast/soul eater
Edit-I know I’m obsessed with them, I’m sick of new models reusing old skeletons, my favorite families in BFA were the pterrordaxes and toads cuz they didn’t reuse the same skeletons, and I would love something new, not an old skeleton with a new costume
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm I hope for the same, and I would pay to have a pet winged Shadow beast/soul eater
Edit-I know I’m obsessed with them, I’m sick of new models reusing old skeletons, my favorite families in BFA were the pterrordaxes and toads cuz they didn’t reuse the same skeletons, and I would love something new, not an old skeleton with a new costume
A look at these two models on Wowhead shows a few of them to be listed as beasts, but most are undead right now, and a few demons:
https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npcs?fi ... 2401#0+7+9

I don't think it makes much sense for them to be undead. They aren't the spirits of the dead (as far as I know!) or animatedc corpses. If they're not going to be beasts then demons actually probably fits better. Though I hope they all become beasts :)

Their current creature type may be temporary or accidental anyway. For example, the humanoid bug-people in Maldraxxus are all classed as beasts currently (represented by many different NPC IDs), when they are definitely a humanoid in other parts of the game.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Stormhowl.png
Stormhowl.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 5340 times
I finally confirmed that Stormhowl, in VEB, is tameable in Shadowlands. He's currently too high level. His skin is unique, and lighter than the other lightning worgs, i.e.:

He doesn't currently retain his name.

I also just confirmed the Jade Guardian in VEB is tameable in SL, and also doesn't retain its name, but it's not a unique look. Ha-Li isn't tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As far as Gorms go, I suggest these three models go together in an expanded family of segmented crawlers (name suggestion?).

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hexapods? Haha, I know that fits a lot of wow creatures, but it's actually an invertebrate subphylum.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:30 pm As far as Gorms go, I suggest these three models go together in an expanded family of segmented crawlers (name suggestion?).

Crocsects

Because they all use the crocolisk skeleton. C:

(jk on the name obviously)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Crocsect kind of sounds humorously vulgar. Just sayin lol. As for a name to give the combined group, I don't think one would fit. Krolusks are their own crocolisk ripoff, and the sand reavers are crocolisk-themed silithids, but Gorms would probably be a crocolisk-themed beetle or worm.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 am but Gorms would probably be a crocolisk-themed beetle or worm.
I was thinking about beetles, but Gorms are actually multi-segmented, like centipedes, etc. It's just the big hump in the middle that makes them look beetle-ish. That's why I thought a kind of Crawler family with creatures like Gorms and Krolusks might work.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think they should merge into krolusks, add sandreavers and name the family crawler and leave it at that
Edit-still praying for the matriarchs/giant ones to be tameable, and then I hope g’huun can be tameable the xpac after shadowlands, same with grong
Skelelmyrn
Realm: Bloodhoof and Uther

Unread post by Skelelmyrn »

I could see putting the crawler gorms into the krolusk family with the matriarchs put into the worm family, as the gorm wasps have already been put into the wasp family, correct?

I don't think sandreavers should be pulled out of the silithid family, as lore wise, they are silithids technichally.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ah, makes sense, krolusks should still be renamed crawlers to merge gorms, just like renaming porcupines rodents for adding marsuuls, I’m still waiting to tame the matriarchs
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So i just saw the maw preview from wowhead and I have saw many mobs that can’t be unnoticed from there. I saw the hellhounds(the ones from firelands, given hyena animations), a wild shadow beast/soul eater(hopefully it will be a tameable beast), a black phalynx, a glimpse of a white guarm, and the same old beasts that the maw has to offer, you should all check for yourselves
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They finally let us advance to level 60 this week, which allowed me to tame some NPCs that I couldn't previously. It seems that you can tame regular NPCs that are up to 2 levels higher than you, but elites have to be your level or below.

So I tamed all these beautiful runestags, with the special soulweb thing on their antlers:
RunestagPurple.png
RunestagPurple.png (656.54 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
RunestagGreen.png
RunestagGreen.png (661.22 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
RunestagBrown.png
RunestagBrown.png (659 KiB) Viewed 4184 times

Also also a couple of new colours of crane: purple and green-white. Unfortunately most cranes (and hence most new colours) are still untameable at this point. But they haven't done a taming pass yet.

CranePurple.png
CranePurple.png (664.66 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
CraneGreenWhite.png
CraneGreenWhite.png (669.98 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also, Gargons now require a skill to tame.

The spell to learn it seems to be: https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spell=3 ... n-training but I'm unsure how we learn it. There IS a Gargon Training Manual on Wowhead but its current description has nothing to do with Gargon and so it looks like it isn't complete yet and I haven't seen it for sale.

I'd like to be sure that Gargon taming isn't going to be tied to the Venthyr Covenant, I wouldn't be happy for pets to be restricted in such a fashion, but I don't know for sure. I'm going to join the Venthyr in the Beta in case it shows up among their offerings.
NoTameGargon.png
NoTameGargon.png (630.29 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Those runestags are awesome with their cool antlers, I hope there will be more tameable death chimaeras with horns when SL releases, and the new colors of the cranes look nice, but not as nice as the new colors of the teroclaws, and what, gargons AKA Darkbears require a skill :o