Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Empz
Realm: Perenolde

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Empz »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:44 pm Good news; the Pale Soulseeker works like this for sync;
A) You won't be in the same phase as the party sync initiator, but you will be able to see the pale shadehounds.
B) Threads of Fate works, but the thread player must be at least 53. The hound is level 55 minimum.
Helped out worg and another person so far, and it's very convenient for sharing.
Can you explain the Threads of Fate version of this?? I've been looking for someone for a few days now. :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I realize I didn't word it properly, my bad. I meant that you can invite someone who chose to do Threads of Fate, not that a ToF character can go do the quest. So, if you have access to someone else who is on the quest chain to rescue Alexandros Mograine, they can pull you over to the quest phase.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I found an interesting Gorm, or rather the name: Fortified Dessicator, he keeps his name
Only seen if you have the Kyrian Path of Ascension quest Piercing the Shell
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Neat. It's part of the Path of Ascension for players who join the Ascended, so maybe it's only available for Kyrian-aligned players?
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:57 pm Neat. It's part of the Path of Ascension for players who join the Ascended, so maybe it's only available for Kyrian-aligned players?
I'll test that now with my Night Fae Hunter
Edit: Unfortunately only available for Kyrian :/
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Aroim wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:51 pm I found an interesting Gorm, or rather the name: Fortified Dessicator, he keeps his name
I think that this was reported about a week ago, though it may have been reported in the Pet Discussion section of the forums.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

ouh, next time I'll use the search too :D
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

A5F3CEF9-CB4B-4B33-A585-CA22968BF43A.jpeg
A5F3CEF9-CB4B-4B33-A585-CA22968BF43A.jpeg (346.11 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
9789EEB2-F135-493D-B4D2-D19346D51649.jpeg
9789EEB2-F135-493D-B4D2-D19346D51649.jpeg (340.98 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
Even though this is SL, why can’t we have these, we can tame elegon but not these, this is too funny
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Mostly because they look really strange when magnified too much.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aroim wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:51 pm I found an interesting Gorm, or rather the name: Fortified Dessicator, he keeps his name
Thanks, I've added it: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... lack-face1

Please let me know if any of the info is wrong :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The only thing I think they forgot to flag tameable on pre-patch is the skeleton horses, I’m hoping we all can get our own soon and I’ve checked for it’s tameability on ptr before prepatch released
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There are at least three different soulseeker hounds associated with this week's hunt in the Beastwarrens that we don't have on Petopia. Unfortunately I don't have my hunter up to that stage just yet (only just started him in the Maw). Is anyone able to please check them?

They are:
  • Ravenous Shadehound - level 61 regular. These were up top, in the area called "Prodigum", in the company of the Mawsworn Soulfeeders that you have to disrupt/kill for the event. Wowhead also shows them in other locations in the Beastwarrens so maybe they're present in other spots too. Unsure if just during weeks this hunt is up.
  • Obedient Shadehound - lvl 61 regular. These were on the path down into the Pit of Anguish, accompanying Mawsworn Huntsmen. Wowhead shows them over a much broader area, though.
  • Gorged Shadehound - this one is captive and unattackable at the top, then is released and becomes the boss NPC at the bottom of the Pit of Anguish. It's 62 elite, so can't be tamed even if flagged, but I don't think it's flagged either.
Thanks to anyone who can check :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Beast lore shows the first two as tameable, and Gorged is not flagged tameable. Ravenous is indeed only up during this hunt, as far as I've seen. I refuse to try actually taming them however, because I'm worried that may trigger the event to become impossible to complete for a whole server. This hunt is very, very buggy.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_010321_102728.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010321_102728.jpg (103.1 KiB) Viewed 3977 times
not a new model or a unique look, but I just found out they flagged vuk'laz's beetles tameable, so you dont have to search for the red color for hours, now you got it on Vuk'laz, even though i tamed vuk'laz and thats a better model overall, i just wanted to point that out
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:31 pm not a new model or a unique look, but I just found out they flagged vuk'laz's beetles tameable, so you dont have to search for the red color for hours, now you got it on Vuk'laz, even though i tamed vuk'laz and thats a better model overall, i just wanted to point that out
Updated, thanks! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Is anyone able to please test the Animated Prowler in Torghast Twisting Corridors?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=156242/animated-prowler

Or maybe it also occurs in other parts of Torghast but was missed? It's in "Coldheart Interstitia" floors, but I'm unsure if that's just a Twisting Corridors thing, or can appear in any wing.

I found them on my shaman but not on my hunter. They're flagged as tameable but it would be good if someone could please try to tame one and report back. Thanks!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I also forgot to tell you, the scripted flying plaguerocs that kill maldraxxi in plaguefall are level 60 so they are tameable, I do have the purple one on my main
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They can appear in Coldheart or in Twisted Corridors if a segment chooses to use Coldheart. The npcs are the same I believe, and the level is uncharged, so they should be tamable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If only there were bronze/copper phalynxes, those look the coolest to me, I love having my gold one, but I also want that color scheme since it’s different than most of bastions boring colors, Blizz, gimme one, and make sure the scripted plaguerocs get flagged tameable on the petopia website
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 pm I also forgot to tell you, the scripted flying plaguerocs that kill maldraxxi in plaguefall are level 60 so they are tameable, I do have the purple one on my main
Thanks! So it's just the scripted one at the entrance?