Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Found some Gyreworms that are not on the site.

Endurite Gyreworm 133562 - Found in the Jagged Wastes in Deepholm. Spawns during the quest, "An Ear to the Ground". As this is a Blacksmith quest, only Blacksmiths can summon it. And after some testing, others cannot see the Gyreworms - only the person on the quest, so you have to be a Blacksmith and have not done this quest yet to get these. Uses the ringwormamber, ringwormpurple, ringwormearth variants, and a special ringwormearth variant that has more of a blue dust effect coming off of it.

Massive Endurite Gyreworm 152148 - Found in the Jagged Wastes in Deepholm. Spawns during the quest, "An Ear to the Ground". As this is a Blacksmith quest, only Blacksmiths can summon it. And after some testing, others cannot see the Gyreworms - only the person on the quest, so you have to be a Blacksmith and have not done this quest yet to get these. Uses the ringwormorange variant.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found a snake that is not in the database yet.

Poisonous Snake 158465 - Tamable. Summoned by Scoutmaster Moswen and Fangtaker Orsa. These two are only available during the Amathet Assault in Uldum. Uses snakeskinred, snakeskingreen, and the once-unique snakeskinblue. Makes noise when clicked.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! Sorry I haven't yet added your previous report yet either. I'll add them together :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No worries! Thanks Wain :)
WHTJunior

Unread post by WHTJunior »

Valnaaros wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:53 pm

From what I can tell, the following are the only ones that were made tamable are the following: Tat, Senbu, Vilebone, Marsh Anaconda, Aqir Hive Guardian, Yogursa, Blackpaw (Alliance version), Ekashim, Tia'Kawan, The Sand Queen, and the last untamable Voidstalker.
Wowhead identifies Tia'Kawan as tameable now, but the Petopia [Red Direhorn] page still lists it as Untameable. Also, is it only up when the World Quest is up?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WHTJunior wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:53 pm

From what I can tell, the following are the only ones that were made tamable are the following: Tat, Senbu, Vilebone, Marsh Anaconda, Aqir Hive Guardian, Yogursa, Blackpaw (Alliance version), Ekashim, Tia'Kawan, The Sand Queen, and the last untamable Voidstalker.
Wowhead identifies Tia'Kawan as tameable now, but the Petopia [Red Direhorn] page still lists it as Untameable. Also, is it only up when the World Quest is up?
Odd, i thought we already had that info. Thanks for letting us know!

I've updated her info. Does anyone know if she retains her name? She's only up when her WQ is up.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I thought that we had that info, too. Ah well, now we have it for sure :)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Since this patch seems to be one using unused skins/colors, any inkling that the stone direhorn colors (without saddles) got put on wild beasts? Always thought those were so dope.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quiv wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:46 am Since this patch seems to be one using unused skins/colors, any inkling that the stone direhorn colors (without saddles) got put on wild beasts? Always thought those were so dope.
As far as I know, that shouldn’t have happened. The changes and additions made were based off of a list that Wain provider, and stone direhorns were not included on it. IMO, it would likely require new npcs being added in order to provide tamable stone direhorns, since stone direhorns are created by magic rather than naturally occurring.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Three Wilderling NPCs have been added to Ardenweald. Young Wildclaw, Brilliant Wildclaw, and Twilight Wilderling. The first two use the orange variant and the last one uses the purple variant.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:49 pm Three Wilderling NPCs have been added to Ardenweald. Young Wildclaw, Brilliant Wildclaw, and Twilight Wilderling. The first two use the orange variant and the last one uses the purple variant.

That is awesome, still waiting for more aquilon colors and npcs as well as corpse flies getting their tameability, I think there needs to be more wilderling npcs to fit every color
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Oh does the yellow indicate they are neutral? and hopefully may end up tameable?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:36 pm Oh does the yellow indicate they are neutral? and hopefully may end up tameable?
Yes, though that doesn't always mean that they can be attacked. In this case, however, they are neutral and can be attacked, so they may be made tamable at some point :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Welp, got around to my hunter, and the hounds Lor the Loyal and Ventun the Ravenous are definitely gone. They once spawned on floor 5 of the Baine quest in Torghast, but floor 5 is now the boss floor since Torghast was shortened. These two are inaccessible now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:13 am Welp, got around to my hunter, and the hounds Lor the Loyal and Ventun the Ravenous are definitely gone. They once spawned on floor 5 of the Baine quest in Torghast, but floor 5 is now the boss floor since Torghast was shortened. These two are inaccessible now.
I'll remove them :( Thanks again for all your checking!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Funny enough, holding on to that quest also basically means I couldn't skip to Korthia. I have to apparently complete the covenant campaign to get there, and my hunter is an alt. RIP my hunter lol

EDIT: Scratch that, just needed to free the Runecarver's right hand. False alarm.