Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Chances are that nothing is going to be done until 9.1. And, honestly, a rare wouldn’t be necessary. There are so many npcs using the grey variant that you could just swap them with or add the pale one to their possible variants.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I'll post it here too, both are grey D:

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:56 am Chances are that nothing is going to be done until 9.1. And, honestly, a rare wouldn’t be necessary. There are so many npcs using the grey variant that you could just swap them with or add the pale one to their possible variants.
This reminds me of the black chimaera bug where they all are switched to a specific color, I think the problem is Blizz accidentally switched most of the pale ones to grey ones, hopefully blizzard will take a look at it
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So I've gone through the list of "pale soulseekers" and changed their appearances to their proper ones. That leaves just two on the list:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... ound_white

Has anyone seen "Horos"? Maybe it never made it into the live game. If so I'll delete it.

The other one is this Mawsworn Seeker, which may also have been removed. Can anyone with the quest to rescue Darion from the Maw please confirm that they don't appear around Cocyrus in that phase (basically, outside the cave you find him in) ? If not, maybe they were removed, but they do have loot tables and map coords in Wowhead. It would be nice to be sure.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Horos was removed toward the end of Beta.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:51 am Horos was removed toward the end of Beta.
Thanks! I've removed him. That leaves that one version of the Mawsworn Seeker. I still have a nagging feeling it's linked to the Darion phase, but I've already done that on my hunter. If anyone's able to check, or if they have the quest and can check if someone who has completed it can quest phase, please let us know the results. I'll also see if I can find someone on the quest on Horde in case I can quest sync.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Oh no, I just did the Darion quest yesterday.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

It's the Darion Quest !
You can pull 60s into this phase, you don't see each other, but they are able to see the dogs and to tame them
I'll leave my char on this quest for now
(Thanks to Ines from WoW Secret Finding, I was able to test it with her)

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Welp, time to find someone on US Horde that can pull me over. Nice work finding it!

EDIT: OH, it's in the last few parts of the Maldraxxus questline while leveling without using Threads of Fate. That's a lengthy thing to get to. Sure hope someone on the discord can get an alt up there.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks to the couple of people who were able to confirm the Mawsworn Seeker! I'm so glad at least one creature with that look is available, even if it requires quest sync.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=171300/malf ... -clawguard (rare) It cannot be tamed, after putting the orb into it to transform it, it does not allow it to be tamed, it comes out untamed when using beast tradition.

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=171010
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for letting me know. It was tameable earlier but must have been changed around release :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Blizzard sure loves changing the most minor things instead of fixing glaring issues, like overtuned Mythic + content and dungeon pets that can't be tamed. I'm sure Malfunctioning Clawguard will be fixed later. Our lord and savior Jeremy won't let us down!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Rares being made untamable isn’t a bug or an accident. A lot of them have been made untamable, which likely is an intentional move.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hello, is there anyone from the US that is able to help me get the pale soulseeker, I asked Aroim and he is from EU, so if anyone would love to help, it would be highly appreciated
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Now that I also have a US account and I also have a 50s there,
I have decided to make the Pale Soulseeker available on the alliance side,
but I will probably only get to it in a few days
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:56 pm Now that I also have a US account and I also have a 50s there,
I have decided to make the Pale Soulseeker available on the alliance side,
but I will probably only get to it in a few days
Unfortunately my hunter main is horde :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Good news, everyone! I got a US Horde character on the quest for the pale soulseeker, and I'll keep him there until Demon Hunters stop sucking as DPS. It's currently 1 am where I am as of this post, so later today, and a bit throughout the weeks preceding the un-screwing of DH, I'll be throwing parties up for it in the secret finder's discord. Of course, I'd love for someone else to get the quest phase on US Horde as well, because I want it just as much as anyone else. Still, I'll be helping folks get it for as long as my main isn't the DH that's parked on this quest.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:58 am Good news, everyone! I got a US Horde character on the quest for the pale soulseeker, and I'll keep him there until Demon Hunters stop sucking as DPS. It's currently 1 am where I am as of this post, so later today, and a bit throughout the weeks preceding the un-screwing of DH, I'll be throwing parties up for it in the secret finder's discord. Of course, I'd love for someone else to get the quest phase on US Horde as well, because I want it just as much as anyone else. Still, I'll be helping folks get it for as long as my main isn't the DH that's parked on this quest.
Count me in buddy, I’ll probably private message you on discord :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Good news; the Pale Soulseeker works like this for sync;
A) You won't be in the same phase as the party sync initiator, but you will be able to see the pale shadehounds.
B) Threads of Fate works, but the thread player must be at least 53. The hound is level 55 minimum.
Helped out worg and another person so far, and it's very convenient for sharing.