Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Xota »

Which flying pets currently (or until the pre-patch) would fly up to attack a flying mob? Because I noticed pets I summon while flying 90 yards above the ground don't despawn, they just run around down there. Maybe there's a slim possibility one will glitch and fly around next to you.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Xota wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:39 pm Which flying pets currently (or until the pre-patch) would fly up to attack a flying mob? Because I noticed pets I summon while flying 90 yards above the ground don't despawn, they just run around down there. Maybe there's a slim possibility one will glitch and fly around next to you.
I know parrots would - the new BFA model ones.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Lupen202 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:57 pm
Xota wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:39 pm Which flying pets currently (or until the pre-patch) would fly up to attack a flying mob? Because I noticed pets I summon while flying 90 yards above the ground don't despawn, they just run around down there. Maybe there's a slim possibility one will glitch and fly around next to you.
I know parrots would - the new BFA model ones.
Thanks. They don't fly up anymore, even as the real pet or animal companion. Also they don't fly when you call them while mounted. :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Can confirm that Luk'hok keeps its name when tamed.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_101520_032235.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101520_032235.jpg (401.44 KiB) Viewed 5713 times
Vethorn

Unread post by Vethorn »

I wonder if Grong can be tamed with Shadowland
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Vethorn wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:44 am I wonder if Grong can be tamed with Shadowland
Most likely not. Things aren’t made tamable in raids until two xpacs after.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

If anything, they can make Grong style gorilla models in some patch and replace the BFA gorillas, because BFA gorillas don’t look very good, I liked the old ones better, and when we saw Grong, I was like, why can’t that be our replacement model, that’s what a good gorilla looks like
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 am Can confirm that Luk'hok keeps its name when tamed.
Great work! Thanks :) I've updated it. I could never find Luk'hok up on the Beta realm to test it.

Does it also make sounds when clicked?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Thought id let you all know that Rageface and Riplimb are classified tamable but sadly you cant tame them due to them being glitchy Also Riplimb is actually and orange with orange flames not a red with orange flames on the site.

Also Also Caveren Burrower,Raigonn,Acidmaw/Violate/Crystaline Scorpid,Skorpyon and a few other pets Have the same issue where they say there tameable on beast lore yet they say Creature Not Tamable if you try too. Honestly I'm not surprised since this is a pre-patch so its going to be buggy when it first releases.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zoruaronan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 am Also Riplimb is actually and orange with orange flames not a red with orange flames on the site.
Thanks for the appearance correction. I've updated it on the site :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Zoruaronan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 am Thought id let you all know that Rageface and Riplimb are classified tamable but sadly you cant tame them due to them being glitchy Also Riplimb is actually and orange with orange flames not a red with orange flames on the site.

Also Also Caveren Burrower,Raigonn,Acidmaw/Violate/Crystaline Scorpid,Skorpyon and a few other pets Have the same issue where they say there tameable on beast lore yet they say Creature Not Tamable if you try too. Honestly I'm not surprised since this is a pre-patch so its going to be buggy when it first releases.
Unfortunately, these have been bugged for all of Beta since they were first flagged as tamable. Hopefully soon they’ll be fixed.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I'm still holding my breath for the spec change options.
But I feel this is a pre patch, pre patch. Of sorts, and we will get plenty of final changes before the main hits live.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:09 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 am Can confirm that Luk'hok keeps its name when tamed.
Great work! Thanks :) I've updated it. I could never find Luk'hok up on the Beta realm to test it.

A bit late, but no. It does not make any sound when clicked.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:21 pm
Wain wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:09 am

A bit late, but no. It does not make any sound when clicked.
Ok thanks! Some of the yellow elekks do and others don't. It's linked to the display ID. When I get time I'll compile of list of pets where some colours make sounds when clicked and others don't, and list which appearances could be modified so that they become vocal. It's a really simple change, too, someone at WoW just needs to add a single number to the display ID.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:55 am
Zoruaronan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 am Thought id let you all know that Rageface and Riplimb are classified tamable but sadly you cant tame them due to them being glitchy Also Riplimb is actually and orange with orange flames not a red with orange flames on the site.

Unfortunately, these have been bugged for all of Beta since they were first flagged as tamable. Hopefully soon they’ll be fixed.
Agreed. I want my crystal scorpion babies :cry:
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Just grabbed a Fel Steed on SFK normal: -

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I forgot to mention, pets that retain their names can’t be renamed until the certificate has been used, it’s a weird change in my opinion, that’s why I tamed a Corp’rethar guardian over cerberon or gluth so I can rename my pet for free
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Some great news. The gold Mawrat is now in game and tamable.

Purple was also readded.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Ultra minor and not as kickass as that sweet gold maw rat, but this NPC retains its name when tamed. It wasn't listed, but as I'm doing the quests to unlock the Massive Ik'thik Kunchong, I saw this and found that it kept its name when tamed.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=60203
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 pm Some great news. The gold Mawrat is now in game and tamable.

Purple was also readded.
That’s awesome, nice new colors for my BM