Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Qraljar wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:51 pm Raigonn is currently labeled as tameable when beast lored but is not in practice. Hopefully something to look into for our patron saint.
This has been reported. Neither versions of Raigonn are currently tamable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:57 pm
Qraljar wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:51 pm Raigonn is currently labeled as tameable when beast lored but is not in practice. Hopefully something to look into for our patron saint.
Oh, sorry. My bad. :D
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:58 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:57 pm
Oh, sorry. My bad. :D
No worries! :D
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

By the by, it would be really swell if we could do an emote like /roar or /chicken at the Windward Cloud Serpents in Pandaria to turn them neutral/hostile, similar to the Frayfeather Hippogryph. That way they can be tamed and that opens up a lot more regular Cloud Serpent options, since most Cloud Serpents are friendly ingame.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Significantly hoping we see some sort of pass on cloud serpent tamability, yeah. It's tragic to see so many of the black cloud serpent options locked away by the Shan'ze Cloudrunners not being tamable yet.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Venemous Spiderling in Emerald Nightmare shows as tameable, but has the Anzu bug where it's not tameable. Black nightmare spider.
Screeching Spiderling from Emerald Nightmare also has the above bug. Yellow demon spider.
Nightmother in Emerald Nightmare is tameable, but does not retain her name. Purple demon spider.
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:14 pm Elegon is now a spirit beast!

https://twitter.com/Zuaniich/status/1293320295722278912
Finally a cool new spirit beast.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Bought the tome to tame Cloud Serpents and used it, but you can't tame them anyway because the game still assumes you don't know how to tame them. Gotta go panda to get your cloud serpents on ptr right now.
EDIT: Still can't load my panda. Wandering Isles either has an endless load, or crashes to the login screen. Attempting to close the game and try again after an endless load says my character already exists, implying I logged in. I want to check the island already!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So, finally got my panda to load on the PTR. Took forever, but the option to edit my character's appearance popped up. Did that, and was able to get on the Wandering Isles. GUESS WHO KEEPS ITS NAME NOW?

Also, Zhao-Ren is dead forever for my panda. Stays as a corpse if the quest was completed, and you can't party sync. Can't check the big snek with this panda.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081120_213502.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081120_213502.jpg (384.84 KiB) Viewed 3334 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Have finally been able to confirm that Deepscar is tamable. This makes all of the stitched darkhound variants available.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

In my continuing insanity, I'm leveling another panda hunter on PTR. Just hit 10, and got to pick my specialization, but something caught my eye; Exotic Pets isn't in the spellbook anymore for Beast Mastery? I swear it was there before, prior to learning it. Maybe it's just baseline without unnecessary limitations now?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm blind. It's on the specialization thing for level 20.

Double EDIT: Pandaren do not know how to tame cloud serpents by default, so Zhao-Ren is not available anyway.

Triple EDIT: The "How to School Your Serpent" book is Bind on Account now! If your hunter doesn't have the rep, you can just buy it on whoever does.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Now I'm scared that I am gonna get stuck wandering the coven that I don't want to be in just to get my undead taming tome for my main Forsaken. Since there's been conflicting info. (Qraljar kept mentioning that undeads were currently open to everyone to tame on beta and I don't have PTR installed currently and that's gonna take me forever to download it.)

Edit: Friend of mine is on PTR and got a hunter swapped to Forsaken. Precious was not tameable to them, but the raptors in Wetlands were. So it seems like some wonky stuff is going on?
Last edited by Thwip on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I think it very well might be possible to tame Tsulong in his gold form. I've mostly figured out the timing between his energy gains (he doesn't lift though), and it's approximately 1 second between each percent (as in, it looks like it goes up by 1 faster or slower at times, likely due to my lag). Upon hitting 100 energy, he takes a very brief moment before turning gold. About 20 times now, I've tamed him right as he turns gold, but a mere moment after. As a result, he despawns. I am working with a bit of lag, so it is contributing to my attempts. My Tame Beast cast is under 5 seconds, though I don't know exactly how much under. As a result of that, I've timed my tame to start between 96 and 97 energy. Too soon, and I tame the onyx color. Too late, and it either despawns after "successful" taming or simply goes gold and starts that phase.

I had to buy 10 tomes on PTR before it actually let me tame serpents lol. I've gone through a bunch of attempts, each one lasting 100~ seconds each, and I'm gonna keep trying for like another hour. I feel like this might actually work.
Veronika

Unread post by Veronika »

I just checked on the PTR download, I was like it’s going to be 20gb and yes it is lol, considering 2 of us are using the internet I need to run it at 350kb/s in order to open pages and watch YouTube in a timely manner, so no PTR today =(

Love farm living it’s quiet and all that, but the Internet speeds suck, I know some rural folks with really high speeds, no idea why they can have fast and us living only 15 mins both ways from two large cities cannot, but I mean we’re inherently bad luck so I guess cannot expect much. We’re also in a black spot for 3G and 4G it simply doesn’t exist here.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

Just hoped on the PTR and went into a Vision of Org to try and tame the Aqir Mindhunter just before Rexxar. Its flagged as tameable with Beast lore but still cannot be tamed, Reported it as a bug. Going to check Kovok in SoO
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:18 pm I think it very well might be possible to tame Tsulong in his gold form. I've mostly figured out the timing between his energy gains (he doesn't lift though), and it's approximately 1 second between each percent (as in, it looks like it goes up by 1 faster or slower at times, likely due to my lag). Upon hitting 100 energy, he takes a very brief moment before turning gold. About 20 times now, I've tamed him right as he turns gold, but a mere moment after. As a result, he despawns. I am working with a bit of lag, so it is contributing to my attempts. My Tame Beast cast is under 5 seconds, though I don't know exactly how much under. As a result of that, I've timed my tame to start between 96 and 97 energy. Too soon, and I tame the onyx color. Too late, and it either despawns after "successful" taming or simply goes gold and starts that phase.

I had to buy 10 tomes on PTR before it actually let me tame serpents lol. I've gone through a bunch of attempts, each one lasting 100~ seconds each, and I'm gonna keep trying for like another hour. I feel like this might actually work.
Didn't Blizz fix that means of taming?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:28 pm Didn't Blizz fix that means of taming?
I know they did for other NPCs, but I don't know if they did it for EVERY NPC. It's still worth trying, though I haven't succeeded yet. I either get it too soon or take tsulong.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:55 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:28 pm Didn't Blizz fix that means of taming?
I know they did for other NPCs, but I don't know if they did it for EVERY NPC. It's still worth trying, though I haven't succeeded yet. I either get it too soon or take tsulong.
:lol: :lol:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I think Tsulong is actually bugged right now. I'm watching scary videos while in between attempts at getting the gold, and I missed the energy bar on the latest attempt. I simply stood there, only having hit Tame Beast to pull it (cancels immediately upon starting the encounter), and it just...despawns when it went gold.Same way it did when it went gold when I tamed it. So, no luck taming the yellow heavenly skin sadly. I'll try again another time though.

EDIT: Can't queue for LFR versions of panda raids, yuck. Time to fully clear SoO up to the Klaxxi...
EDIT2: There's an invisible wall in front of the stairs leading to the second boss. Lovely lol. Guess that's off the menu.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Got on to the PTR the Crimson cloud serpents on the Timeless isle are tamable now. Sadly haven't found any others that weren't already noted ....Yet.