Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:47 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 pm I also forgot to tell you, the scripted flying plaguerocs that kill maldraxxi in plaguefall are level 60 so they are tameable, I do have the purple one on my main
Thanks! So it's just the scripted one at the entrance?
Yeah, werebear found out that they are 60
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I haven't see it confirmed yet, so I went to double check. KU-J0 is tamable and retains his name.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm almost certain this has already been checked at some point, but there are too many posts to comb through.

I was leveling an alt today in Zuldazar and at the culmination of the storyline there, there's a quest after Rezan is corrupted where it's *not* inside the dungeon but he becomes an aggressive mob that chases you and you have to run away with the King. I was on a warlock at the time, but would that version of him be tameable? Or is it the exact same as his dungeon boss ID?

The only one listed on the site is the dungeon one which is why I was curious.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... lmet_armor
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vephriel wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:26 pm I'm almost certain this has already been checked at some point, but there are too many posts to comb through.

I was leveling an alt today in Zuldazar and at the culmination of the storyline there, there's a quest after Rezan is corrupted where it's *not* inside the dungeon but he becomes an aggressive mob that chases you and you have to run away with the King. I was on a warlock at the time, but would that version of him be tameable? Or is it the exact same as his dungeon boss ID?

The only one listed on the site is the dungeon one which is why I was curious.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... lmet_armor
I checked just now. There aren't any Rezan npcs that are listed as tamable, let alone that are in the Devilsaur family.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Figured as much, but man, that would have been cool. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vephriel wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 pm Figured as much, but man, that would have been cool. :)
Yeah, it would've been :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 pm
Vephriel wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 pm Figured as much, but man, that would have been cool. :)
Yeah, it would've been :)
The only thing I wish that would be tameable is a unarmored gold embossed devilsaur, but I know Blizz didn’t make it, it would of made a good twisted child of rezan, but I want the armored rezan for my forsaken
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:45 pm I haven't see it confirmed yet, so I went to double check. KU-J0 is tamable and retains his name.

Thanks! Updated.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's been some time since Shadowlands launched, and we've had some fun discoveries since then, but we've still got many beasts that are meant to be tamed that remain in the Anzu state. Nighthold's crystal scorpids, the solid nightmare spiders in Emerald Nightmare, and so on are still flagged tameable, but they can't be tamed for some unknown reason. I've been checking religiously every week since launch (since I'm one of those day one level 60 losers) while being in Beast Mastery specialization just in case, and reporting it every week via bug reports in game, but the problem still persists so long into the expansion. It's likely we won't see this fixed or any other pet-related issue fixed until a major patch at earliest, assuming it even touches their radar.

We need a martyr at Blizzcon to get into the Q&A to ask about pets! Also sorry to anyone who saw a new post in this thread and expected something nice, but there's no new tameable pets sadly.

EDIT: also, the camels from Dormus in the white camel phase are tameable, as shown by Mewcorn. I haven't been on discord much lately, so I missed it when it was first discovered. Didn't see it posted here yet.
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png (180.99 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

From what I understand, they don’t actually know what is causing the problem or how to fix it. That, along with it probably being a low priority fix, might mean that, like you said, it may not be until a major patch when it is fixed.

Wowhead has posted that an encrypted build for 9.0.5 has been deployed, but datamining is not currently possible.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Some things that are not yet included on the site:

Viper 44180 - Is tamable, but is cannot be tamed due to it being already controlled. Found in the Wetlands and spawned by the Dark Iron Trappers.
- added

Swamp Snake 128622 - Tamable. Found in the Forge of Aeons, so can only be tamed if you haven't yet done the questline to unlock Lightforged Draenei. - added

Swamp Serpent 128115 - Tamable. Found in the Forge of Aeons, so can only be tamed if you haven't yet done the questline to unlock Lightforged Draenei. - added

Ol' Bonebite is flagged tamable, but even with the Sliver you cannot attack him (he is Friendly).

Onyx Stormclaw 69580 - Tamable. Found in the The Fall of Shan Bu scenario on the Isle of Thunder.

Nalak 69562 - Tamable. Retains name. Found in The Fall of Shan Bu scenarion on the Isle of Thunder. - added

Cavern Serpent 49159 - Flagged tamable, but cannot actually be tamed due to being controlled. Spawned by Dark Ritualist Zakahn in an underwater cavern southwest of Ramkahen in pre-N'zoth Uldum. - added

Viper 47740 - Tamable. Spawned by the Neferset Snake Charmers in Neferset City in Pre-N'zoth Uldum. Makes sounds when clicked on. - added
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks!

Is there anyone who with an Alliance hunter who hasn't completed the Lightforged Draenei scenario, and could please test if the two snakes there make sounds when clicked? They are: Swamp Snake (128622) and Swamp Serpent (128115). Unfortunately I've completed that scenario.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So there are two new phoenix or fire hawk mounts coming, and their sources are listed as "Promotion". They're using a new model which is currently encrypted, but we can always hope they have wild counterparts and one day we can tame them. By their descriptions one is blue and one probably red, so it sounds like they'll be faction counterparts.

Incidentally, there are encrypted files in the database for what looks to be the tree mount. At least, there are some unencrypted files around the encrypted ones, and they depict branches, so that's my guess. And there are branches for all four seasons, so maybe the mount will change seasonally, like the minipet does.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Based off the description of one of them, the Sapphire Skyblazer might be the blue WoD Phoenix that was never added.

If Phoenixes are added (which I am not against), their own family would probably be more fitting. They are birds, but they are unique enough to be their own family.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:06 am Based off the description of one of them, the Sapphire Skyblazer might be the blue WoD Phoenix that was never added.
You mean that storm hawk one? That was my first thought but it seems to be a new and encrypted appearance and model.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Elemental hawks would make good pets, even though it’s the beginning of the new patch ptr, I hope later in the patch before it’s released that they’d flag remaining untameable beasts tameable like undead horses and gryphons, soul eaters, and of course the wicker creatures, since we have soulseekers, i think wicker hounds can be tameable since they are both constructs, hopefully at some point we get a deeper look at thros, and other lands of the dead, let’s hope blizzard adds those in, and don’t forget beavers and armadillos, we need them, it’s strange how we can tame tsuolong, a sentient heavenly cloud serpent, but not a average little beaver and armadillo, Blizz is up to something
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Soulseekers are not actually constructs. In The Maw you can see ghost skeletal hounds. Those are soulseekers without the armor. Once they have been tamed/enslaved, the armor is put on them.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

I'd bet these new phoenix mounts are attached to Diablo immortal promo.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think that they’ll be attached to TBC servers. There has been a lot of things recently that have suggested that there will likely be TBC servers announced soon, such as a Nether Whelp being the BlizzCon Minipet or an email that Blizz sent out asking what people thought of the idea of TBC servers.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:40 pm Soulseekers are not actually constructs. In The Maw you can see ghost skeletal hounds. Those are soulseekers without the armor. Once they have been tamed/enslaved, the armor is put on them.
Ah, alrighty, still praying for all these creatures I mentioned earlier, I hope seals become tameable next xpac ;)