Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:03 pm Wowhead may be trolling us, or it could be a change we've wanted.
https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175 ... -matriarch
One can only hope. It would be truly cool addition.

But considering it's the only one of the model to be labeled tameable or even be marked as a Carapid, I don't have high hopes. Fingers crossed.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I will point out that most of those npcs are either things we already have, are in the wrong family, or are already npcs found in Missions.

It is very odd that just one Matriarch would be made tamable and the rest would not.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 pm I will point out that most of those npcs are either things we already have, are in the wrong family, or are already npcs found in Missions.

It is very odd that just one Matriarch would be made tamable and the rest would not.
This one seems to be new?
I'm not quite sure.

Either we'll see their tameability reaffirmed (by making more mobs with that model tameable in the next build) or denied, if that one mob ends up not actually being tameable, and neither do any others.

As for those other NPCs. Some are mislabeled for sure. The spider seems like a unused skin and the flame wolf is definitely something we didn't have as a tame before. Not sure about the stitched hounds.
Last edited by Qraljar on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 pm I will point out that most of those npcs are either things we already have, are in the wrong family, or are already npcs found in Missions.

It's happened before though. Rare, but possible.

I personally hope https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175383/slime-cat isn't a bug, and they really are giving us a tameable slime kitten. DONT DASH MY HOPES.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think that they’re trolling. The build they listed isn’t in the database.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The build literally just got posted, and Wowhead's slow on properly updating. Tameable Elegon wasn't even listed for like 2 hours, for example.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:15 pm I think that they’re trolling. The build they listed isn’t in the database.
It got posted like a few minutes ago. I already updated to it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The frog, hounds, spider, wind serpents, stags, mawrat, gargon (labeled as a cat), and the first carapid are things that we either already have tamable variants of or are NPCs that have existed in the game for a while now. Erezuel is a mob that has solely been apart of Missions. The Darkwarren Matriarch is something that has existed for a while.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Yeet, I hope they actually get added, that cat will be a great addition to both my main BM and my undead survival alt, darkwarren matriarch, I’m dying for, and that fire wolfstag will be one of my new tames, and as for the rest, they’re just the same beasts with the used colors, not to mention the thanos cat (gargon)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Went to check the Darkwarren Matriarch. Isn't currently tamable. Of course this is a separate npc from the one supposedly added, but it still seems odd that they would add a tamable version of something that already exists.

I tried to search for anything added under today's build in Wowhead's database. Currently the build is not showing up as a search filter.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:25 pm Went to check the Darkwarren Matriarch. Isn't currently tamable. Of course this is a separate npc from the one supposedly added, but it still seems odd that they would add a tamable version of something that already exists.
Hopefully most of them will be tameable, lacking any animations wouldn’t matter to me too much, Tekton and the pigs which have the same skeleton and rig don’t have swimming animations, I really hope the chunky gorms will be actual pets, they may not have a large variety like the other gorms, but still a good beefy pet, not to mention the northrend mammoths are the newest and biggest pets you could possibly tame
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:25 pm Went to check the Darkwarren Matriarch. Isn't currently tamable. Of course this is a separate npc from the one supposedly added, but it still seems odd that they would add a tamable version of something that already exists.
Hopefully most of them will be tameable, lacking any animations wouldn’t matter to me too much, Tekton and the pigs which have the same skeleton and rig don’t have swimming animations, I really hope the chunky gorms will be actual pets, they may not have a large variety like the other gorms, but still a good beefy pet, not to mention the northrend mammoths are the newest and biggest pets you could possibly tame
Silithid Colossi, Kunchong and Aqir Goliaths also don't have any swimming animations.

(Something I didn't realize/remember until recently)

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:30 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 pm
Silithid Colossi, Kunchong and Aqir Goliaths also don't have any swimming animations.

(Something I didn't realize/remember until recently)
I also didn’t realize, and I’m wondering why the colossi, kunchong, and aqir goliaths have quick skittering animations like they’re tiny, but I did notice physics on the tentacles just like the aqir flyers, and hold up, if they’re making slime cats tameable, why not the mech kitty and frog near the scrap king tameable, by now they should be tameable
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Maizou wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:13 pm I personally hope https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175383/slime-cat isn't a bug, and they really are giving us a tameable slime kitten. DONT DASH MY HOPES.

I would not be suprised if they turn it into a slime free saber. I will never forget what they did to my wolf puppy ;_;
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tomb wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:41 pm
Maizou wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:13 pm I personally hope https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175383/slime-cat isn't a bug, and they really are giving us a tameable slime kitten. DONT DASH MY HOPES.

I would not be suprised if they turn it into a slime free saber. I will never forget what they did to my wolf puppy ;_;
We need those slime sabers to be added, i wish there could of been skeletal sabers, felsabers with no saddles, but change the fel green to a green anima glow and it would make a perfect maldraxxus beast, but I am so in for a slime saber, it will make up our loss to tame koosu even though they’re not the same, and I hope they will come in different colors, it would be a great candidate for my forsaken SV hunter
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:05 pm Has anyone checked the honored raptors in King's Rest? They are classified as Undead but they've got a neat glow like the Legion purple hippagrphs.
They are currently untamable and are not members of any Pet family.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I had a dream that I was on ptr, and tamed an electrical beaver on the Isle of Thunder. Sadly, it was just a dream, and rodents still suck for variety until Maw rats are widely available. RIP. It's safe to assume that the hunt for new tameables is over for now, yeah?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:59 pm I had a dream that I was on ptr, and tamed an electrical beaver on the Isle of Thunder. Sadly, it was just a dream, and rodents still suck for variety until Maw rats are widely available. RIP. It's safe to assume that the hunt for new tameables is over for now, yeah?
I’ve had a dream where I was able to tame gronn, a beaver can never be crazier than that, I’ve also had dreams of taming hippogryphs even before legion and before feathermanes ever became a thing
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:59 pm I had a dream that I was on ptr, and tamed an electrical beaver on the Isle of Thunder. Sadly, it was just a dream, and rodents still suck for variety until Maw rats are widely available. RIP. It's safe to assume that the hunt for new tameables is over for now, yeah?
Unless there is a random taming pass, it is likely that we’re done.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

The rodent family could easily be expanded upon. I hope they do so at some point soon, even if I myself am not a rodent fan. But yeah, don't expect such big changes this late into the game. Maybe in 9.1 or 9.2, you know.